Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Indianapolis Fire Department Hiring Process 2012

Forum Member

Any updates here?

Forum Member

Heard the city recently applied for another SAFER grant to fund another 30 for two years. Not sure when they will be notified if they'll get it or not.

Forum Member

I made it all the way through the CPAT portion. One of the proctors during the wait told a group of us that if we had made it to this point we were "sitting really well as far as potential job offer". Does anyone know how many made it to that final group that were asked to go through the CPAT?

Just trying to gauge how many were in that final group, and subtract those who had been offered a job on the first hiring to see how many are left.

Forum Member

I was among the group 50 that got to the ladder climb. Of that 50, they took 39. I don't know how much I missed it by, for all I know I could have been #40 on the list, but patience is a virtue they say. Just keep hanging in there and test wherever you can because nothing is promised and city budgets change all the time.

Forum Member

I found out that I am number 126 on the list and made it all the way through the CPAT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IndyS3 View Post
    I found out that I am number 126 on the list and made it all the way through the CPAT.
    Curious how you received rank? Inside source or did you call?

Forum Member

Second on this, how did you find this out?

MembersZone Subscriber

You have us all curious...mind letting us know how you got your rank?

Forum Member

Received email from IFD human resources stating that another recruit class will be started in 2014. Along with the email was an applicaton packet and another date to take the CPAT. Has anyone else received this email or does anyone know anymore about the process. I am on the certified list and have taken CPAT already. It did say in email that CPAT is required for a second time.

Forum Member

Got my email as well. I went through the CPAT and ladder climb last year too. I guess the up side of things is that we don't have to fill out the packet again and that they are going to hire a class this coming year. Seems to me that if they're doing the CPAT again, we'll probably have to do the ladder climb again also. Haven't heard any news yet on how many they are going to hire for this class

Forum Member

Received my email this morning as well. Good luck to all. Grateful for another chance.

Forum Member

I received an email yesterday as well. I passed the CPAT last year but never made it to the ladder climbing. I need to hit the gym hard now again. Hopefully something pans out this time.

Forum Member

I talked to HR and they said they are re cpating everyone that passed the first time and 30 additional. So we shall see how the cycle pans out this time good luck to everyone

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CFD11 View Post
    I talked to HR and they said they are re cpating everyone that passed the first time and 30 additional. So we shall see how the cycle pans out this time good luck to everyone
    Good info, thanks!

Anyone have insight as to why they are adding 30 more to the pool? Plans for more than one class, perhaps????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFD11 View Post
    Second on this, how did you find this out?
    I have an inside source. On the bright side, I have been picked up by the City of Fishers FD and will not be going forward with IFD. Best of luck to you all!

Forum Member

Just out of curiosity, how long is the list good for? I made it to interviews but not CPAT, should I just count myself out? Is there a ranking system?

Forum Member

The list is good for two years. If you didn't make it to the CPAT for the second round it would be pretty hard to sit and wait and see if they would try to start a third class from this list. Not sure what kind of ranking system they use.

Forum Member

How did everybody that went to the first round of practice CPAT do?

MembersZone Subscriber

My session went well, how about you?

Forum Member

I did good. Passed. Happy to have that test behind me

Forum Member

Today was the last day to test cpat. In my group today there were 4 no shows out of 8. Hope that trend continued through rest of day. Weather was terrible to drive in today. When I was finished I had to sign a release for a background check. Did anyone else have to do this? Didn't know if everyone had to do that. From what I was hearing there today was that IFD would make there mind up by the end of February on the size of class. Has anyone heard any more on the process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vfd269 View Post
    Today was the last day to test cpat. In my group today there were 4 no shows out of 8. Hope that trend continued through rest of day. Weather was terrible to drive in today. When I was finished I had to sign a release for a background check. Did anyone else have to do this? Didn't know if everyone had to do that. From what I was hearing there today was that IFD would make there mind up by the end of February on the size of class. Has anyone heard any more on the process?
    I have mine this Friday. I waived everything else. Also, the no shows could have already passed at a practice session maybe? Not sure. That's good for us though if they were just no shows. Good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vfd269 View Post

I also signed a release for background check after passing the CPAT. I heard through the rumor mill that it was going to be a rather large class. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I agree with beardown104 that maybe those no shows passed in their practice sessions. I passed on my first practice, so was not required to return for the other dates. Best of luck to all.

Forum Member

When I signed my sheet at the end it showed who already passed in practice and listed who were "no shows." The human resource rep said they did not know just how big of a class they were going to do and the fact that they moved additional people on to list is also reassuring, but either way it is all good news if you stuck it out this far. So good luck to those of you that have. Hope we all make it. I have not seen "ifdengine20" on here for awhile?

Forum Member

Still nothing?

Thread Information