Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Indianapolis Fire Department Hiring Process 2012

Forum Member

No real updates yet... there were questionnaires sent out to my references not too long ago.

The anticipation is nerve racking! I hope to hear good news soon!

Forum Member

Prowland,

Hope you get it, if you aren't on a paid department right now I would still be watching for and testing departments. I have been reading up on the issues the city is facing and it isn't pretty this year. The cops are actually thinking about hiring people with experience to short cut the expense of training people from "zero to hero" for a lack of a better wording. Just a heads up Kansas City FD is getting ready to run a test and this is gonna be a big year I think for testing of the major metro departments. Houston has opened up as well and I got a buddy that is saying that philly is going to test again. Philly is really driving for military hiring and the grant monies allocated to hiring vets. Obviously IFDengine20 will know the real deal and I am sure he will post when he hears something concrete but you could be in for a long wait, waiting for SAFER grant awards and etc. I and many others are just hoping for a second class at this point after not getting called back for background. Good luck brother

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    Prowland,

Any updates?
    There has been some movement in terms of the City County Council finding some common ground on the budget issues from late last year. This is good for the prospects of hiring a class. The Chief is moving forward with the process. He is promoting this month and I would like to think within the next couple of months he will bring a recommendation of hiring to the Merit Board for approval. It is a real possibility. If I hear anything I will update. Took a break during the holidays because not much was happening. Good Luck to all still in the process.

Forum Member

Got the email to move on to the ladder climb! Great news!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Glad to hear, congrats!
    Prowland247 likes this.

Forum Member

Just heard Indianapolis got the SAFER grant to hire ~30 new recruits! The great news keeps rolling in!!!

Forum Member

Does anyone know when the next hiring process will be for Indianapolis FD? I currently live in NY and i want to find a firefighting job. I took the FDNY test and scored a 93 (with no extra points) and my list number was in the 20,000's.

Also, When will the next test come out for IFD, because I do not want to wait around for 4-5 years for FDNY test to come out.
    Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by matthew_chan View Post
    Does anyone know when the next hiring process will be for Indianapolis FD? I currently live in NY and i want to find a firefighting job. I took the FDNY test and scored a 93 (with no extra points) and my list number was in the 20,000's.

Also, When will the next test come out for IFD, because I do not want to wait around for 4-5 years for FDNY test to come out.
    Thanks
    The next hiring process won't be for a couple more years. The list for this process has not been certified yet. Hiring will hopefully take place within a couple of months. I always post on here when another process starts.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland247 View Post
    Just heard Indianapolis got the SAFER grant to hire ~30 new recruits! The great news keeps rolling in!!!
    Safer grant did come in. 4 million$ +. Hiring should be fast tracked.
    Prowland247 and USMC Grunt like this.

Forum Member

With the SAFER grant secured what are the odds of a second or even third recruit class? Also is there any word on targeting/selecting veterans to take advantage of the additional 50 million offered to grant winners for hiring veterans? http://www.fema.gov/library/viewRecord.do?id=6244

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ABRU0514 View Post
    With the SAFER grant secured what are the odds of a second or even third recruit class? Also is there any word on targeting/selecting veterans to take advantage of the additional 50 million offered to grant winners for hiring veterans? http://www.fema.gov/library/viewRecord.do?id=6244
    I'm not sure how many people the grant covers. 30 are expected for the first class. Vets receive credit already during another part of the process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IFDFFENG20 View Post
    I'm not sure how many people the grant covers. 30 are expected for the first class. Vets receive credit already during another part of the process.
    Hey IFD, thanks for your updates. Just curious if they took top 50 to next steps and only hire 30 what happens with those other 20? Are they priority for a 2nd recruit class? Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown104 View Post
    Hey IFD, thanks for your updates. Just curious if they took top 50 to next steps and only hire 30 what happens with those other 20? Are they priority for a 2nd recruit class? Thanks!
    Those not picked for the first class will remain on the list to be called up should a second class be hired. Others further down will be called to finish the other parts of the testing so that they may be considered for a possible second class.

BTW. Chief's weekend report stated the 4M SAFER grant covers 30 recruits for 2 years. At the end of the 2 years the city absorbs the salaries. We had about 37 retire in 2012 with more to come, meaning a second class could happen but wouldn't be covered by SAFER. This is all speculative of course. Time will tell.

Forum Member

IFDFFENG20, there is no way to get on the current list?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by matthew_chan View Post
    IFDFFENG20, there is no way to get on the current list?
    If you did not go through the current testing, there is no way to get on the list. If you did go through the process and were one of the 251 that made it to the qualified list then I guess there is a slight chance. In reality, if you are not one of the top 100 scorers, you probably don't have a chance this time around.

Forum Member

I know this is reply isnt about IFD, but it is about Indy. Curious if anyone knows anything about Plainfield Fire Territory and their process- I posted a thread but not getting many replies none at all. Just wanted to know if someone had an idea on how many they were hiring, if theres an academy, where they are in the process..... stuff like that! thanks

Forum Member

I just received this email.

The top 50 applicants who passed the CPAT have been contacted to go through background investigations. You will be held on the
    eligibility list for consideration if IFD needs to hire additional personnel.

IFD will not give you your score/ranking, so please do not call or email requesting this information.

Please let me know if you change your email address.

Forum Member

Just finished up the practice session for the ladder climb. I finished it with 1min 11sec to spare.

Forum Member

That is awesome Prowland247, I am also still in the process. Unfortunately I live too far away and was unable to make the practice session but the Aerial climb doesn't sounds too bad. Good luck with the rest of the process, maybe i'll see you down there on the 19th.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by IndyS3 View Post
    I just received this email.

The top 50 applicants who passed the CPAT have been contacted to go through background investigations. You will be held on the
    eligibility list for consideration if IFD needs to hire additional personnel.

IFD will not give you your score/ranking, so please do not call or email requesting this information.

Please let me know if you change your email address.
    I got that one, too. I saw the subject in my e-mail and got really excited...for about 3 seconds. I was thinking it would contain some good news!

Thread Information