Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Indianapolis Fire Department Hiring Process 2012

Forum Member

Hey IFD, I asked a couple times but nobody has been able to answer, but do you know if bonus points are awarded for anything ex: Military, Paramedic, Degrees etc. Thanks for all the info, it is greatly appreciated!

Forum Member

Did not mean to come off like that. I do not know more about the process than you, thats why you work there and I dont. I think most people on here will agree that you are a wealth of information and are glad that you take time to answer questions about process, as it is a long process. IFD is a great department that has recently made a move to put it in a good position for furthur growth, such as the consolidations. Was not trying to start rumors or heresay, just over curious.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by doubled8206 View Post
    Hey IFD, I asked a couple times but nobody has been able to answer, but do you know if bonus points are awarded for anything ex: Military, Paramedic, Degrees etc. Thanks for all the info, it is greatly appreciated!
    I think some of those will apply during the interview portion. I will find out and let you know.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by db1110 View Post
    Did not mean to come off like that. I do not know more about the process than you, thats why you work there and I dont. I think most people on here will agree that you are a wealth of information and are glad that you take time to answer questions about process, as it is a long process. IFD is a great department that has recently made a move to put it in a good position for furthur growth, such as the consolidations. Was not trying to start rumors or heresay, just over curious.
    I will pass along as much information as I believe is relevant to this process. I have been in the fire service long enough to know that rumors are rampant. There is a budget crunch here but the amount of FF's leaving could still require us to hire. We are not actively pursuing more mergers. We don't need them. Although the westside townships are now starting to change their tune because of their crazy polititcians.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just wondering historically, how fast/slow does the process work? Does everyone that passes the CPAT get an interview or do they only pick a certain amount?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Just wondering historically, how fast/slow does the process work? Does everyone that passes the CPAT get an interview or do they only pick a certain amount?
    Those who pass the written will move on to the interview. From there they will run the CPAT but only for those that have scored high enough to fill the needs for hiring. In other words if we are going to hire 30 they might take the top 100 for the CPAT.

Forum Member

Got an email today stating that I completed the test and the next process will be interviews. It says that the interview schedule will be out soon with an email of your place and time. Good luck to all.

Forum Member

Does anybody know how the final list will be scored? All i received was an email saying i passed the written. Was the written ranked at all or was it pass/fail? Does the interview weigh 100 percent on your final ranking? Also, anybody know roughly how many candidates are moving onto the next stage?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyUp23 View Post
    Does anybody know how the final list will be scored? All i received was an email saying i passed the written. Was the written ranked at all or was it pass/fail? Does the interview weigh 100 percent on your final ranking? Also, anybody know roughly how many candidates are moving onto the next stage?
    The written will count for a certain percentage of your final score. In the past the written was pass/fail and all scores were based on the interview. This way, those who scored higher will be rewarded rather than lumped into a group that only passed the test.

Forum Member

Default interview

Made it to the interview!! Been through a few processes and every department seems to conduct interviews a little different as far as what questions they are asking, anyone know how IFD does theirs, that's normally where I get cut, I'm open to suggestions or tips if anyone has any. IFDENG20 any words of wisdom? I can use all the help I can get, good luck everyone and congrats to all who made this far.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by wschock View Post
    Made it to the interview!! Been through a few processes and every department seems to conduct interviews a little different as far as what questions they are asking, anyone know how IFD does theirs, that's normally where I get cut, I'm open to suggestions or tips if anyone has any. IFDENG20 any words of wisdom? I can use all the help I can get, good luck everyone and congrats to all who made this far.
    Be able to talk about yourself. If you don't say it it didn't happen. Don't be afraid to repeat things if they apply to another question. Try to use the alloted time for each question. Find some sample questions online and practice in front of a mirror or have someone ask you the questions and practice answering. You might be sitting in front of two or three panel members who score your interview or you will be with one person and say your answers into a tape recorder to be scored later.

Forum Member

WSChock,

How were you notified for interview? Via email or normal US postal service?

Forum Member

I believe it was all email, my buddy and I both got emails at least.

Forum Member

Were these emails for dates and times for interviews, or was it the generic you passed the written now stand by for interviews? I am trying to figure out if I got passed over for interviews or if the last couple posts are just congrats on passing the test emails.

Forum Member

The emails were just stating that you passed the written exam and emails will be sent out with dates of your interview, that's all.

Forum Member

For any IFD guys, or firefighters in Indianapolis not associated with IFD but working for other departments, we are looking to hire off duty firefighters looking for part time work. Follow the link in my signature to our website if you are in the Indy area and looking to pick up some hours.

Forum Member

Got my email stating I have made it to the Interview part of the process. Hope everyone is ready for the real process to start and good luck!

Forum Member

Does anybody know approx. how many passed the written and will receive interviews?
    Good Luck everyone!

Forum Member

Default interview email

The email I got was just a generic email saying i passed the written test and i would be contacted in a few weeks for dates and times of the interview

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything regarding interviews yet? Thanks!

Thread Information