Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nike Free sneaker size compared to globe structural size

Hi, hate that i have to order because i cant seem to find anywhere near me to try them on i wear a 11.5 in the nike free shoes anyone else have these that know how the sizes compare i had to drop to a 10.5 for the rubber boots.. also should leather fit the way a tennis shoe does tight??

thanks

Get your normal shoe size. The Globes do come with two different insole inserts to adjust for the difference of heavy winter weight socks.

I have a pair of the Globes and they are the by far the most comfortable fire boots I have ever worn.
    Last edited by DeputyChiefGonzo; 03-11-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

I wear a 13 in everything. Nike, Globe, Haix, whatever. Get your shoe size.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Are there no local sales reps/ dealers around? Sometimes getting online and saving a few bucks will cost you in the long run. The few dollars more you MIGHT pay to a local rep will be offset by the lack of aggravation the educated input/ (And NO -I am not a salesman) Lack of aggravation and GAIN of educated input.
    Last edited by slackjawedyokel; 03-11-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: clarifaction
    ?

Trying them on is the best idea. I wear a 13, but my last pair of leathers were a size off - either up or down, I don't remember which, because the boots in my shoe size didn't fit.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Forum Member

I wear 11 in Nikes and I got the same in Globes, and they fit perfect. I think you would be fine if you went with your "normal" shoe size. They are worth the investment, extremely comfortable!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by galice View Post
    Hi, hate that i have to order because i cant seem to find anywhere near me to try them on i wear a 11.5 in the nike free shoes anyone else have these that know how the sizes compare i had to drop to a 10.5 for the rubber boots.. also should leather fit the way a tennis shoe does tight??

thanks
    I generally wear 10.5 in Nikes, probably a 10 if they weren't so narrow. I like my shoes to fit like they were made for me, no movement, no extra room, just perfect. My Globe Shadows are 9 Wide, a little tight at first but after wearing around the house for an hour they felt like I had been wearing them for a year. It was worth the 2 hour drive to try them on, I would have ended up with the wrong size if I didn't.

Thread Information