Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Pierce Custom Contender

My department is in the process of spec-ing a Pierce custom Contender. We are trying to get as many ideas that might benefit our department. What i am asking is, do any of you guys have any specifications of contender trucks or ideas that you could send me. We are not rushing the process and want to look at all options and layouts before we finalize any spec. Any information that you could send me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Daniel Richards
    daniel_richards@sbcglobal.net

Forum Member

My advice is to spec it to your department and your operations. Plan on where you are going to put your equipment and what lines you'll be using to make it as functional as possible.

Not knowing your jurisdiction and staffing, I can't really give you any advice. We have limited staffing and cover an area that ranges from rural to suburban with a lot of large commercial occupancies. I made sure to include several large quick attack lines that can be deployed for a blitz attack with 1 or 2 guys. It will pay dividends down the road by planning for your operations.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF323RFD View Post
    My department is in the process of spec-ing a Pierce custom Contender. We are trying to get as many ideas that might benefit our department. What i am asking is, do any of you guys have any specifications of contender trucks or ideas that you could send me. We are not rushing the process and want to look at all options and layouts before we finalize any spec. Any information that you could send me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Daniel Richards
    daniel_richards@sbcglobal.net
    First of all, what do you want it to do? My dept. has a couple of Contenders, but they may not be right for what YOU need. Give us an idea of what it is that you will task this truck with. Will it draft? Extrication? EMS response? Give us some info and we can give you some ideas.

Thread Information