Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: arlington tx hiring

Forum Member

well guys/gals the written exams over how do yall think you did. i think i did well but u never know. i was shock that there was only around 1300 people that showed up to test. also i talk to one of the firefighters and they should hire 30.

Forum Member

Hey blackrambo, I took the test as well and think I did well too but we will see may 31st. Yea and 30 sounds right. 68 are supposed to be retiring in the near future so a lot of opportunity for those who get on with this department

Forum Member

Test went really well. The personality questions however were tough because I have heard conflicting information on whether to answer agree, rather than strongly agree, etc. Still lost as how to answer those...

Forum Member

Yea paramedic in pretty sure the personality questions will make or break a lot of people because you just don't know how to answer those. Every department is different

Forum Member

hey capt where did you find out that they are posting the list on the 31st?

Forum Member

Go to their recruiting page and to the right of the video u will see hiring schedule. Click on that and all that info is there

Forum Member

Only 8 more days!! so excited.

Forum Member

So scores were posted yesterday. Anyone else get put in the 0800 run group?

Forum Member

I made 0800 run as well

Forum Member

this place got quiet....

Forum Member

Yes it did

Forum Member

Keep this thread alive! The process is moving quickly.........1.5 mile has already been completed.

Anybody have any ideas on how many people are left in the process? There were some people in my batch that failed. Also....do the bib numbers correspond with the rank of an applicant by any chance? I talked with some people and it seemed if they scored higher, they had a lower bib number. Maybe just a coincidence...

Next thing is PAT and then interviews!!! Any suggestions on the kieser sled?

thanks!!

Forum Member

I believe i counted about 15 or 16 total people who failed the run...an average of 5 per group. So thats around 235 left in the process if you assume all 250 made it to the run and the orientation. Im ready to knock this PAT out the way I know that

Forum Member

Awesome, Cap!

I'm sure some people didn't make the run or orientation so...all the better!

Forum Member

absolutely!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by drakemmiller View Post
    Keep this thread alive! The process is moving quickly.........1.5 mile has already been completed.

Anybody have any ideas on how many people are left in the process? There were some people in my batch that failed. Also....do the bib numbers correspond with the rank of an applicant by any chance? I talked with some people and it seemed if they scored higher, they had a lower bib number. Maybe just a coincidence...

Next thing is PAT and then interviews!!! Any suggestions on the kieser sled?

thanks!!
    Find a dept around that has a sled that will let you practice and give you pointers

I thought arl had practice days in the past???

Forum Member

Guess they do not practice anymore

PHYSICAL ABILITY TEST
    APPLICANTS WITH PHYSICAL OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS OF ANY NATURE SHOULD:
    1. CONTACT THEIR PHYSICIAN BEFORE TAKING THE PHYSICAL ABILITY TEST TO DETERMINE IF IT IS ADVISABLE TO
    TAKE THIS TEST.
    2. WITHDRAW FROM THE PROCESS IF THEY HAVE ANY CONDITION OR LIMITATION THAT COULD ENDANGER THEM
    IF THEY PARTICIPATED IN THIS TEST.
    The City of Arlington, the Arlington Fire Department, its agents and employees do not assume any responsibility for an applicantís health or medical condition or the effect that this test could have. Further, The City of Arlington, the Arlington Fire Department, its agents and employees accept no responsibility or liability for any injury an applicant might receive during the test. This test should be considered strenuous physical activity and as such carries a risk of injury, not limited to strained muscles, scrapes, scratches and/or bruises.
    Timed events include: Rescue Maze, Aerial Ladder Climb, Charged Hose Drag, Equipment Carry, Ventilation Simulator, Body Carry and Ladder Raise. Review pages 9 Ė 12 of this packet for further explanation and time limits for each event.
    Location: Fire Service Training Center, Tarrant County College (Northwest Campus), 4801 Marine Creek Parkway, Ft. Worth, TX 76179.
    Eligible candidates will attend an orientation followed by the actual test. The cost is $30 payable to TCC directly.

Forum Member

I personally can't wait till Wednesday. Ready to be done with the PAT and moving on to the interviews.. the PAT should knock out a lot of people... I'm all for team spirit and all but this is a competition....

Forum Member

So are we scheduling interview times right after we pass PAT or how is that going to work?

Forum Member

there is no practice PAT for this years test.....the PAT seems to be pretty easy. first two parts should be a piece of cake.

rumor on the streets is that this year is going to be a fairly big class compared to other years.

as far as panel interviews go...i believe you schedule those after the PAT.

anybody test with AFD before? how were the interviews like?

Thread Information