Thread: arlington tx hiring

Forum Member

Default arlington tx hiring

http://www.tcfp.texas.gov/job_postings/Arlington.pdf

Job Requirements
    Education, training, experience:
    MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

High School diploma or equivalent

Nineteen years of age (by January 7, 2013)

Valid Class C Driver’s License

other tx cities:::

http://www.tcfp.texas.gov/job_postings/jobs.asp

Forum Member

If you are EMT-I or higher, you can get into the firefighter trainee position. If you are EMT-B or lower, you have to go through an EMT-I program that's 3-4 months and you get paid $7.25 an hour while you are in that program. After that program finishes, you start fire academy with everyone else.

Forum Member

is arlington written test similar to fort worth written test

Forum Member

has anyone been through arlington's process?

Forum Member

@clok2526 - I heard from some friends that Mesquite, Ft. Worth, and Arlington all use the same test. I know for a fact the study book you can get online is the same for Arlington/Mesquite.

@gtcaptain2 - A friend of mine got in last year. He had the written, the physical, backgrounds, panel interview, and then chief's interview. After he got hired he went to EMT-I school in September and finished that up in January, and then started Fire Academy in Feb.

MembersZone Subscriber

They says no deferred adjudication. I was arrested for stealing street signs when I was 19 in college. I'm 27 now and have kept a spotless record. Anyone knowing they might look past this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by markus1990 View Post
    They says no deferred adjudication. I was arrested for stealing street signs when I was 19 in college. I'm 27 now and have kept a spotless record. Anyone knowing they might look past this?
    what class misdemaeanor was it??? that you were actully found guilty of????

Must not have charges pending, have admitted guilt or been found guilty including Deferred Adjudication of committing a Felony or Class A Misdemeanor.

Forum Member

Hey gambit sent u a pm. Are u Applying for arlington

Forum Member

any rumors on how many their hiring this round. also, do local residents get hired over non locals. thanks for the info

MembersZone Subscriber

Fire49-

It was a class A. Deferred adjudication with no conviction. But it was an isolated incident. Big big difference in being 19 and 27 (fire/medic expierence, wife, kids and mortgage ya know). All they can say is no I guess. I've heard of people getting hired at places and having similar situations.

Anyone know of anything like this?

Forum Member

@gtcaptain2 - not applying this year, I don't have my EMT-I or paramedic, and I can't live on $7.25 for three or four months. Just bought a house so I have to have a better starting pay.

@blackrambo - my friend at Arlington said up to half of their guys are ready for retirement, so they are gonna hire a bunch this year.

@Markus1990 - give them a call, see what they say. The worst they could say is no, don't call again, but on the other hand, they might give you a shot.

Forum Member

I would say put the application in and see if the computer kicks you out, make sure you put it on your application, and maybe send a letter of explanation, if it will do any good.

nothing to lose

sorry but if you got deffered adjudiccation, you did plead guilty

are you sure the final charge on you was a class A?? do you mind stating what the charge was

you can get through open records act at the pd and court the acutal charge you were found guilty of

this is our disqaulifier:::

•Must have no misdemeanor of grade "A" and/or "B" offense under the Texas Penal Code, equivalent Federal Law or the Code of Uniform Military Justice within the last five (5) years including deferred adjudication.
    Last edited by fire49; 03-20-2012 at 10:59 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Charge was theft over 500 under 1500. Yea for sure class A. FD I work t now had a 5 year disqualification. I'll just call I guess. Thanks guys. Best of luck!

Forum Member

problem in arlington is there are so many that are applying that they can be a little more picky

Forum Member

Gambit7

Will there be two hiring/ranked lists made one for firefighter trainee and emt-I trainee?

Forum Member

Im pretty excited about this process opening up, im planning on moving to Dallas this summer from AZ and would really like to get in this process! Its great that Arlington fd has everything organized as far as the time lines and number of people theyre taking..there are lots of FD's that dont really give all that info and just have you waiting and waiting...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas1129 View Post
    Gambit7

Will there be two hiring/ranked lists made one for firefighter trainee and emt-I trainee?
    Don't know for sure, but I would assume that is how they do it. At least it appears that way from all the hiring info I see.

Forum Member

Would anybody happen to know what kind of written test Arlington will be having? Civil Service Exam? Is there any thing out there that I could possibly study?
    Thanks

Forum Member

Well, good post!

Forum Member

@Markus1990

Have you given them a call to see if youd be ok to go through the process with the Class A? I have a similar situation, with a Class B mis. that was dismissed with Def. Adj...Im wondering if I could go through the process before buying a flight out there and having to pay the app. fee...?? anybody know?
    Thanks

Thread Information