Forum Member

Heard there was alot of people at the CPAT orientation

Forum Member

About 700 People

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Engine2323 View Post
    Thanks for the advice mini. The oral board was the thing I failed to mention in my last post. From my understanding the oral board is the do or die part of the process and your score you take away from the oral board, for the most part, determines your spot on the hiring list. I have fire experience but do not have any experience with oral boards. From what I've read on the other forums it seems like they ask situational based questions?
    Jasper I do agree with you. I have taken this test once before, not in PG, and scored an 87. This time around, I did not feel like I did any better. Perhaps it was a matter of answering a few personality questions differently. I do also agree about having the CPAT in early. From what I've also read on the other forums, the guys who had there CPATs in early seemed to be at an advantage and go through the process much quicker. I am very fortunate that I already have a valid CPAT from another jurisdiction. I wish you the best of luck.
    Having a early CPAT or previously valid CPAT doesn't make any difference. If you pass it the first time or the last time doesn't matter either if you get hired or not, several people who were hired last year failed it the first time. The oral board's impact is not known and you'll never know how much it weighs either. Some recruits say they stumbled through about half of the oral board yet they still we're hired. Having a EMT or Medic matters the most as was previously stated mainly because they will separate classes between who has EMT and who doesn't. Recruits with EMT certs will most likely be hired first. Other than those things just keep outta trouble and keep in shape. If you have the opportunity to do the training for the CPAT with the Lt. that runs it, take advantage of it regardless if you need it or not.

Forum Member

any news on the front?

Forum Member

I havent heard anything yet. When I sent in my CPAT and asked about when interviews would be the exact reply I got back was "July-August" so keep an eye out, hopefully things will be coming down soon.

Anyone know if they are looking at hiring majority of military? I heard since the president is trying to push returning vets into public safety some departments are trying to do that for grant money etc. Thoughts?

Forum Member

***UPDATE***So I emailed people at HR. I got back that CPATs arent even completed yet and they wont be sending out notifications for the next step until CPATs are complete. Additionally, they pushed back the recruit school to May/June 2013. Patience Brothers.

Forum Member

Its been a month since the last post..has anyone heard ANYTHING?!

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything? Also, anyone that checks there status on Governmentjobs.gov has there current step been updated? Mine still says CPAT as current step but I passed it on the first run we got which was back in july. I was told that due to the election and other political drama that were pushing oral interviews back. Just curious if they have even started yet or not.

Forum Member

From the Recruitment Facebook Page. Search "PGFD Fit for Duty" in your Facebook search bar.

PGFD Fit For Duty

November 11.

We are gearing up for the Oral Interview stage of the PGFD hiring process. Keep an eye out for your scheduled time/date. Planning a practice interview session soon and will be posting details. All are invited to attend and encouraged to read up on Civil Service Interview questions.

PGFD Fit For Duty

November 21.

We have recieved interview schedule for applicants and would like to host some practice session. Need some input from you guys on when? evening/weekends/weekdays/afternoon
    What that actually means I'm not sure. I've been soured by another local department recently who seems just to hire whomever they want completely disregarding any of the assessment criteria. I hope PG is at least a little more on-the-level.

Forum Member

Has anyone been contacted for the physical? or have any information? I know all of my back round check contacts have been contacted but have not heard anything besides that

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joerl View Post
    Has anyone been contacted for the physical? or have any information? I know all of my back round check contacts have been contacted but have not heard anything besides that
    Did you do the interview? I haven't heard anything since turning in my CPAT cert.

Forum Member

Yea had my back round interview, psych eval, oral board, and they have contacted all my backround contacts just curious if anyone else in the same boat

Forum Member

Like I said I havent heard anything since the CPAT. When did you turn your background packet in? I never even got info on that...if there was any?

Forum Member

yea they did all that stuff back in october /novemeber the academy is supposed to start january and then another one in may from what I have heard

Forum Member

Well at least this process was on the level.

Forum Member

Just got the call to schedule my medical anyone else on this step?

Forum Member

Does anyone follow their status on the Governmentjobs.com site? Mine has not been updated since the CPAT which I passed back in the end of june. Anyone else in the same boat?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LTJP View Post
    Does anyone follow their status on the Governmentjobs.com site? Mine has not been updated since the CPAT which I passed back in the end of june. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Yes very much so. It seems as the process is a bit conveluded this year.

Forum Member

The process is a little slow at times from PG. When I was hired last year, I had passed my CPAT in September, Did my oral board and background in October and didn't hear a word until the beginning of April. The investigator called me that day and was like all your contacts need to be contacted today. Spent the entire day calling my contacts and making sure they were available. Next day got the call for the Medical. And was in the academy 8 weeks later. If you have any other questions and I am able to help, I am more than willing.

Forum Member

Does anyone have any updates as far as CPAT for a Spring class is concerned?

Forum Member

I just checked government jobs as well and it says that my application status is still in CPAT without a pass rating even though I passed in August of 2012. I haven't heard anything since then. Anyone heard anything lately about the process and possible academy start times from the current testing process? I know they just started a class of prior service members (congrats by the way if that is you) but I am wondering if they are having another academy class for non-vets?

Forum Member

Im still on the CPAT part as well. I did speak with HR and they said that I am still in the process even though it says that Im "current" on the CPAT section. So keep your heads up.

Forum Member

I wouldn't go by the government jobs site, they did not update it for mine when I was hired. I have heard academy class going in in June/July, as it seems some people have been called for their interview/background investigation. The process was a little strange for me as well. I went to my interview/background/psych in October and I didn't hear anything again until April. Just keep your hopes high.

Forum Member

Anyone get a call for an interview yet?

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything yet? My status on government jobs went from CPAT to application received.

Thread Information