Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Augusta GA 2012

Forum Member

Default Augusta GA 2012

Has anyone else applied for the 2012 process with Augusta? I noticed a previous post from someone in Augusta in regards to the 2011 process, any updates on the department, I saw there had been a fair amount of turnover in the upper levels. Any information would be appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Augusta, but a nieghboring department. I know many current and past Augusta guys. If JLCook is still on the forums, he works for them.

Augusta currenty has a rookie class going through right now. The ones in that class who were fast tracked went to the companies a few weeks ago. The others still in are going through the entire academy.

As you already mentioned, Augusta lost a lot of brass at the upper levels in the last few months, to include the chief and a few deputy chiefs. The former training chief is now department chief. The jumping ship didn't stop there though, and took its toll on every rank all the way down. Guys have left for numerous different reasons, but the furlough days and cuts to benifits last year left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. A bunch of guys are now working in industrial settings around the area. More are looking to leave.

If you are looking for a fire job in the area with a major department, you basically have three options: Augusta, Burke County and Martinez-Columbia. Your chances will be much higher with the first two as far as walking in off the street and getting hired go.

Good luck, hope that helped some.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

It seems that Augusta-RC has quite a bit of turmoil, is it enough to keep a younger person from considering the dept. or do the benefits of the dept. outweigh what could possibly be just a phase with the economy and such? I am also more interested in working for a system that transports, which from everything I can tell ARC doesn't, although I do like the fact they push everyone to EMT-I. Any other advice or inside information you could provide about ARC or any other Ga departments? Or any general first time advice for a young person entering their first paid fire service application processes? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Forum Member

i got my app in before the timeline, anyone heard anything back yet for a written test?

Thread Information