Forum Member

Default Firehouse Software

Curious as to what aspects of the Firehouse software you are using. We currently only use the reporting function for incident reporting but are looking to expand as the capabilities of the program appear to be endless.

What mods/functions are usable and what are not very functional? What level of computer literacy do you need for each mod?

MembersZone Subscriber

we are using it for runs (fire, ems, service calls), hydrants, payroll, personnel files, fire investigation reports, and preplans.

i thought the ems reporting is a bit hard to navigate, until you get about a hundred under your belt it is a hunt and peck drill each time. the mobile ems was difficult even more so but that is likely due to our departments administrator's self-imposed "required" field. the inventory and hose management is a little confusing and i steer away from that in lieu, i use an excel sheet for both. there are many things you can add on at a cost. we didn't buy the mapping and analysis stuff and likely won't.

i use it at both full time and partime places and it is good. there are some that are steering away from it and have gone to web-based reporting that take the need for server space and purchase of updates out of you hands. we haven't gone down that road yet.
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Forum Member

it is used to post training and similar stuff on the calendar, si everyone can see what events are coming up for that day and in the future

occupancy tap is good to store infor on businesses

Forum Member

Very curious if anyone is using Firehouse Mobile Response? we are a bit behind the times here in Missoula and need to get some onboard computers in our engines for navigating and pre-plans mainly.

We currently use Firehouse for the reporting so figure it would be a shoe-in.

Thanks!

Forum Member

We have Firehouse Web which is suppose to be able to be used with the computers on the trucks. When you are looking at computers for your trucks, as we are currently doing the same, also consider tablets.

A lot cheaper and a lot more mobile.

Thread Information