Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ultrasound on #3...another girl!

One week ago today we made a jaunt to the OB to see how things are going with Mrs. EastKyFF. She was just over 20 weeks, so it was ultrasound time, and ye olde medical instrument tells us that EastKyJrFF is a girl.

That makes three daughters; our older two will be 13 and 8 when this one arrives in August.

Help, help. I am terribly outnumbered. We have a male cat, but he'll be neutered soon. I'll probably follow suit.

Of course, the main thing is that Mommy & Little Pants are both healthy. My wife had experienced a subchorionic hemorrhage back in January, and we truly thought she had miscarried. We are very blessed that everything looks normal.

That said, I welcome any and all advice from others here who may have a houseful of girls, because the Vegas odds right now are that I will lose what hair I have left.
    Last edited by EastKyFF; 04-10-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Embrace the insanity. Oh and you had better go change the oil in that Ford pickup of yours, cause you'll going to be driving it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    Embrace the insanity. Oh and you had better go change the oil in that Ford pickup of yours, cause you'll going to be driving it for a while.
    I've already been driving it for a while!! I consider 281,000 miles to be QUITE a while!

Congrat's man. I stopped at 3 girls, no need to go for 4, and push my luck.

Rule #1... ALWAYS, answer with "Yes, dear". This is for ALL the girls in the household.

Rule#2... You are OUTNUMBERED. Don't even try. lol

Good luck!!!!! Hopefully you don't end up with 9 grandkids, 7 of them girls.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Congrat's man. I stopped at 3 girls, no need to go for 4, and push my luck.

Rule #1... ALWAYS, answer with "Yes, dear". This is for ALL the girls in the household.

Rule#2... You are OUTNUMBERED. Don't even try. lol

Good luck!!!!! Hopefully you don't end up with 9 grandkids, 7 of them girls.

FM1
    As far as Rule #2, as soon as I got married I realized 1-1 is not a tie score.

My parents will now have four granddaughters and one grandson, so they know where you're coming from.

Hey, look. Here she is. I outlined her profile with a green line.

Name:  outline.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  18.2 KB

Congratz!!!

Forum Member

Congrats! We've got a baby girl due on May 4th. Very exciting times.

Now we just gotta figure out a name. I thought it would be easier once we knew she was a girl, but my oldest and I can't convince Mommy that our ideas, Ryleigh Blair or Ryleigh Belle, are super awesome. I had a great uncle whose middle name was Riley (our spelling reflects my wife's name, Leigh Ann), my grandfather was R.B., and my great-grandmother's middle name was Bell.

They're almost... too perfect.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Congrats

Congrats, I'm also as what was explained to me a DODO (Dad of Daughters Only). I love my girls..... We have many sayings in our house but the one that is used often is "girls rule and boys drool....."

Hopefully, you catch a break with a dog or something else that's "manly". I don't even catch a break there; the dogs, chickens, rabbit and lizards are all females. I drown in the Estrogen Ocean when I'm at home. LOL.

You'll come to appreciate and understand that Super Bowl Commercial where the Ref is getting yelled-at by the Coach and he doesn't even blink an eye or respond.
    Last edited by mikeyboy; 04-20-2012 at 02:09 AM.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

There is never a "win", there is never a "tie".

Find a quiet dark dirty corner of the basement and put a chair there. Usually, they will leave you alone in such conditions.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

My wife went to all the quiet, dark, dirty corners of the basement, cleaned them, and installed lights. But she's afraid of heights, so I still got the attic.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    My wife went to all the quiet, dark, dirty corners of the basement, cleaned them, and installed lights. But she's afraid of heights, so I still got the attic.
    Get a shed.

Oh and congrats!
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

One week ago today we made a jaunt to the OB to see how things are going with Mrs. EastKyFF. She was just over 20 weeks, so it was ultrasound time, and ye olde medical instrument tells us that EastKyJrFF is a girl.
    We had our 20 week ultrasound and found out that daughter Grace would be due March 23rd. My wife was measuring big at week 32 so we got a second ultrasound done. It was a good thing that we hadn't painted teh nursery pink. Oliver was born 4 weeks ago and is not a girl!!! I asked the ultrasound tech about it. The head of the department told me "Even with the latest equipment, they can only be 80% certain at best if it shows a girl. Testicles may not have decended yet. . . . . . . and remeber, the newest addition to the family is only a little over an inch long at this point. It may be hard to read the details when the type is so small in the book."

Oliver is my second boy, but my father in law had 3 girls. I asked him how he survived. He said that 2 overseas deployments and a big garage are all that saved him.

I'll survive if it turns out to be a boy. My #1 concern, after its health, is the population in there. Seeing just uno bambino was pretty welcome news.

MembersZone Subscriber

ChiefKN has some good advice except that I'd substitute the chair with a toilet (doesn't matter if it has plumbing or not, cuz they don't know), the quiet area with a fart machine (the raunchier the better) and some "morning breeze" (it's like daisy sour cream, just a dab will do ya) as I remember it being called. I know my girls and the guys at work avoid these areas.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    ChiefKN has some good advice except that I'd substitute the chair with a toilet (doesn't matter if it has plumbing or not, cuz they don't know)
    Ahhh.. the Al Bundy strategy. I like it

MembersZone Subscriber

Taken from the Master himself...

Is it OK to forgo the fake smell if your natural aromas are sufficient?

Is it OK to forgo the fake smell if your natural aromas are sufficient?
    Dude, you really don't have to subject yourself to any of these things to retain a small part of your personal space and enjoy a brief moment of peace. It really is quite simple, get promoted. Preferably into a S.O. slot or if you really enjoy solitude try out for a chiefs position. Your own family will shun you like a zombie leper with HEP C rather than be with the guy that stands around while firefighters work.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    Dude, you really don't have to subject yourself to any of these things to retain a small part of your personal space and enjoy a brief moment of peace. It really is quite simple, get promoted. Preferably into a S.O. slot or if you really enjoy solitude try out for a chiefs position. Your own family will shun you like a zombie leper with HEP C rather than be with the guy that stands around while firefighters work.
    Well, I'm assistant chief of a volunteer department, so I'm kind of already the guy who stands around while firefighters work. Doing a lot of grant writing doesn't exactly draw them in like flies to a poopy either.

Thread Information