MembersZone Subscriber

Default T-Rex: We FINALLY got it!

Eh guys...

Back in 07 (yes, apparatus purchasing can happen slowly in the industrial world) I started a thread in here about the T-Rex from Rosenbauer.

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...owl-once-again

Lots of discussion about it then, and now that they're in greater numbers I was interested in opening the floor on the subject again. Now that we KNOW what it can do (though it seems to me someone in our midst knew all along haha)- it's a lot easier to answer questions. In my travels I met someone who "had been involved with it for 7 years" and I thought in the back of my mind... 7? That's even longer than I'VE been investigating it. He must really know something about it- and yes, yes he does.

Anyone in here from any of the other departments currently using the T-Rex? Any initial teething issues we should be aware of?

Threads are much more interesting with pics and what can I say... I'm happy to show it off- been on this since March 07 456!

First sight:

A couple of features on ours:

Enclosed pump panel in the crew compartment (heated but no AC... argh!)
    Enclosed cockpit for the lower boom controls
    2000 GPM 8FG pump
    Accumax foam pro
    Severe duty bumper with speedlays
    Enclosed hand warmer in the platform (I wish! I know, I know- I'm a princess.)
    1 complimentary roll of 2 ply silk TP for our sensitive bottoms.

If any of you guys from the Seattle area who were there doing your own inspection are in here- ring the bell will ya?
    Ian "Eno" McLeod

Forum Member

Interesting, a Metz "Bronto Skylift".

Two comments:
    1) That truck has a boatload of tailswing- like a midmount stick!

2) SILK bumwad??! Wow, who did you have for a sales person? Our last rig only came with a package of Tucks, to soothe the sticker shock...

MembersZone Subscriber

lol... care to mash in any other style? Metz Bronto Skyarm Telesquint Schnozzle perhaps?

She's a tail dragger that's for sure... A couple of tattle tails on the back made out of very durable rubber but I give them about 2 weeks before they and the panel they're mounted on are sheered off completely. Mostly kidding- but you know what they say about firefighters... put a firefighter in a rubber room with 3 shiny ball bearings and within 48 hours one will be lost, one will be broken and the other will be pregnant.

Ah yes- that's the culture I signed up for!

As for the silk TP us rough and tumble industrial types deserved a break from our regular single ply 50 grit sandpaper.
    Ian "Eno" McLeod

MembersZone Subscriber

I know we talked quite a bit about the T-Rex early on. Very cool to see a finished product.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes NPFD- you were one of the first I talked to about it. Good to see you're still active in the forums!
    Ian "Eno" McLeod

MembersZone Subscriber

Have Nexen in Canada also got the same rig

MembersZone Subscriber

Ian-

Rig looked nice at Indy! I also managed to meet some gentlemen from Fort McMurray Fire in a "social establishment" that claimed to know who you were. They were all Chiefs of some sort, but all of the facts escape me...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by madmax135uk View Post
    Have Nexen in Canada also got the same rig

They have one coming that is very, VERY similar with a few minor changes... but yes- it's on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    Ian-

Rig looked nice at Indy! I also managed to meet some gentlemen from Fort McMurray Fire in a "social establishment" that claimed to know who you were. They were all Chiefs of some sort, but all of the facts escape me...
    I heard the rig looked really great- though I haven't seen the photos. Also not sure which chiefs "knew who I was" but maybe that's a good thing? I don't think mine was there- but it's possible.

Curious!
    Ian "Eno" McLeod

MembersZone Subscriber

The guys we "socialized" with we training chiefs (I believe) from Fort McMurray Fire. They made it sound like there's a number of refinery departments located within their department boundaries, and you all play nice with mutual aid...

Forum Member

Nice looking truck.

It's even more impressive in person as I saw it an FDIC.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Thread Information