Thread: Greensboro N C

Forum Member

Default Greensboro N C

Anyone heading to Greensboro for testing end of April ?

Forum Member

I guess no one is heading down from this site haha

Forum Member

I'm not sure why but other than the city of Charlotte, most NC departments don't get much attention at all.

Forum Member

I wonder why also ? I have been reading some info about the dept on their website. They seem like a good dept to work for .One of the reasons im heading down is that they give the written and physical test on the same day

Forum Member

I think it's because a lot of NC departments don't pay as well compared with the northern states. People tend to forget the cost of living down there is lower too, and just look at the rate

MembersZone Subscriber

Great point, rescue_1. I have seen this several times since I started my aggressive campaign to land a city firefighter job. There are some phenomenal departments in the South, but you will see a lot less people testing. Just an example, I took a test for a fairly large Southern city recently and there couldn't have been more than forty people testing!

Forum Member

Hey, works out better for us trying to get in down south less competition.. I have applied a couple of places ,hoping to get in soon

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mo27 View Post
    Hey, works out better for us trying to get in down south less competition.. I have applied a couple of places ,hoping to get in soon
    I hear ya, buddy! You and me both! The fact that they pay us to do the best job in the world is pretty frickin awesome, regardless of the salary.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rescue_1 View Post
    I think it's because a lot of NC departments don't pay as well compared with the northern states. People tend to forget the cost of living down there is lower too, and just look at the rate
    Depts in the south dont pay as well compared to out West or the Northeast, this is true. Seminole Co FL, Polk Co. FL, counties throughout FL (with the exception of the BIG 3 in South FL) for example starts off in the low $30k's. Same pay as Greensboro, Raleigh, etc. That's just the way it is in the South.

But, in my opinion, places like Charlotte NC, Greensboro and Raleigh, even though pay is lower than your major NE cities, I'd much rather live in a place in the South. But that's just my opinion. I dont care how much better pay is, I'd much rather live in Greensboro/Charlotte/Atlanta than Philly, or DC, or wherever.
    Last edited by Want2BAFF.; 04-15-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBruno View Post
    Great point, rescue_1. I have seen this several times since I started my aggressive campaign to land a city firefighter job. There are some phenomenal departments in the South, but you will see a lot less people testing. Just an example, I took a test for a fairly large Southern city recently and there couldn't have been more than forty people testing!
    Wow, where was that?

Forum Member

This is my first time going down to Greensboro ,I have only been to wlimington N C couple of years ago and I enjoyed myself there.Im going from a small City in NY so I want to live in a mid size city thats diverse

Forum Member

Greensboro is a pretty cool city. Not too big, not too small. Cheap to live there too.

Forum Member

Mo27, when you going there?

Forum Member

April 26 ill be in Greensboro testing is the 27.. u going?

Forum Member

I'll be testing in Greensboro in the October group, since I filed an app after April 1. Interested to hear more about the department and the hiring process.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Want2BAFF. View Post
    [/B]Wow, where was that?
    This was for Savannah, GA. Now keep in mind, they test every month. That being said, I was shocked to see so few people there. They accept applications the first five days of every month.

-Sorry, mo27...I didnt mean to hijack the thread.

Forum Member

Its all good ,I looked into Savannah also but i might just wait untill later this year to go down and test .I have N C on my mind right now

Forum Member

mo27, open up your private messages.

Forum Member

I went to my PM nothing there idk what you mean by opening my PM,im new to this site

Forum Member

if you go into your settings you should be able to turn private messages on. your not getting any because you have selected not to receive any

Thread Information