Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Phoenix 2011

Forum Member

Any update with this?

Forum Member

All I've heard is that we may receive invites for orals in the next month or so, but as always, it's never for sure and i don't really know anybody important with PFD who could confirm. This is all "through the grapevine" information so take it lightly. No idea who many they would even be looking to interview.

Forum Member

All I've heard from a Red Shirt is they're considering doing an academy pretty quickly, which may shorten the interview span of only 2, instead of 3. They may be looking at doing an academy starting at the beginning of December. This is also just information that isn't completely for sure. I have a friend who's a Captain and supposed to be on the oral boards this time around and he hasn't even heard any solid information yet. Like phx123 said in an earlier post, they have a list of guys/gals they were considering just calling and offering a job. So, it sounds like they're going to probably take those guys and then interview more to fill up the rest of the spots for the 28. Again, nothing for sure though. Just have to wait and see what happens.

Forum Member

sorry if anybody saw this and thought it might be something new or interesting. just wanted to bump this thread up a little and see if anybody has heard/received anything in regards to testing.

Forum Member

Invites were supposed to have gone out this week, but I don't know if it for sure happened or not. Academy is going to be around the second week of January and I don't know if this is completely true or not, but I heard that since they moved the academy to January they are considering hiring 35 instead of 28 because of retirees at the end of the year and a truck that's taken out of service due to furlough days.

Forum Member

thanks for the update! been hearing we should get something in the mail soon considering the academy would start in January - checking the mailbox every day.

Forum Member

I can't take it anymore....anybody hear anything yet?!

Forum Member

just read phoenix got another safer grant for hiring

$4.4mil in july, now $5.3mil - anybody know if they're continuing off the current list or new test?

Forum Member

I just got my invite today for the last hiring off of this current test. I just heard Thursday from a guy on the union that they're planning on testing again in the spring. They have a lot of guys retiring after the new year.

Forum Member

right on, krew. good luck.

i kinda heard the same thing. next test, no babies for me. missed out on the interviews from may go-around but totally worth it. there'll be a next time.

Forum Member

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I know how that goes. I missed Mesa's for the same reason.

Forum Member

I just got a letter in the mail on Saturday 10/6 to come in for an oral interview. Does anyone know if their interview is based 100% on the interview? I'm from out of town and really enjoyed the city when I went out there for the test. I'd like to make a station visit and I'm just looking for a little bit more information on their process.

Thread Information