Forum Member

Default Eastern Kentucky University??

Hey, I read on here before a person mentioned EKU and I was on their website looking around.
    They are accredited by IFSAC and they are vet friendly..or so they advertise, which appeals to me because I would be using my GI bill.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with them or if they have gone through or are currently enrolled in their online programs?

Forum Member

I've herd good things about EKU. They are part of a group of smaller universities that are called the RDPC (Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium ???). One member of that group that I am familiar with is the University of Findlay (Ohio) All Hazards Training Center. They are one of the biggest Emergency, Safety and Hazardous Materials Training programs in the US (train like 10,000 people a year).

They have some areas of concentration and web sites dedicated to them that may give you the info you're looking for. Here's a couple:
    Emergency Management and Disaster Response Training from The All Hazards Training Center
    Emergency Response and HAZWOPER Training from The All Hazards Training Center

Hope this helps . . .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Hey, I read on here before a person mentioned EKU and I was on their website looking around.
    They are accredited by IFSAC and they are vet friendly..or so they advertise, which appeals to me because I would be using my GI bill.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with them or if they have gone through or are currently enrolled in their online programs?
    Hey I'm currently a student there, majoring in Fire, Arson, Explosion Investigation and Fire Protection Administration. I'd definitely reccommend it. All the teachers are very knowledegable and willing to help us out with whatever it is we need. As for the school being vet friendly, I believe last year they were ranked #1 for the most vet friendly school. Don't quote me on that, but I thought I saw that somewhere. I know there are a lot of vets here on campus and I've had a couple classes with them and they seemed to be happy with the school. If you need any other information or anything, private message me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post

Sorry just noticed you said online. I've taken one online class through the school here and I have no complaints on that, too. I've been around some of our instructors while they were preparing material for their online classes. But, I know the online professors are the same as what I have for my on campus classes. I think it'd be safe to assume that their attitude towards their online students would be the same. And I guarantee you will learn A LOT if you do choose the school.

Thread Information