Forum Member

Default Durham North Carolina 2012

I'm from northern Michigan and have just started pursuing taking my talents to NC (tongue in cheek) this year. Has anyone gone through the hiring process in Durham before? I'm in the process for Charlotte as well, but am fairly familiar with their process, as my dad has a friend on the department. My main question is the pace that they go. How soon after testing should we expect to hear back and, if selected, return to interview? After that, how soon do they plan on hiring? Any info would be appreciated. And good luck to my fellow testers!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 8benwsha View Post
    I'm from northern Michigan and have just started pursuing taking my talents to NC (tongue in cheek) this year. Has anyone gone through the hiring process in Durham before? I'm in the process for Charlotte as well, but am fairly familiar with their process, as my dad has a friend on the department. My main question is the pace that they go. How soon after testing should we expect to hear back and, if selected, return to interview? After that, how soon do they plan on hiring? Any info would be appreciated. And good luck to my fellow testers!

Friends on the job don't help. It is all up to you to get hired. They are planning for a class to begin this summer.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I don't expect to get handed a job simply because my dad has a friend, especially in a department that size. It has been helpful, though, to have someone who has been willing to answer some questions and give some information about the department and the area. Charlotte is literally 100x bigger than the city and department I work for now, so his help has been much appreciated. That is great that Durham has actual plans to hire, not like so many departments that are establishing lists just in case they can convince administration to let them hire. I'm assuming a typical recruit class is about 15?

Forum Member

I just interviewed with the City of Fayetteville and if it's anything like their testing process it is very quick. NC is a beautiful place and I will move there at a moments notice.

Thread Information