Got this yesterday from thethinredline.org:

I like to invite your department to apply for one of several upcoming equipment grants this year from National Firefighters Endowment.

We are now accepting applications from fire departments looking for assistance in purchasing essential fire/rescue equipment. I hope you would consider submitting your department for an award.

Grant amounts range from $5,000-$7,000. This is an open-ended program and the application/grant period will be ongoing. Applications not selected initially may be considered for future awards.

Applications should be submitted by video. We are looking for departments that can put together a compelling video that will connect with the community and our staff (think Extreme Makeover style). This should also prove to be a great opportunity for your department to not only have the chance to win some new equipment, but to tell your story and raise support in your local community. Tips on video applications can be found here (Video Application Tips - National Firefighters Endowment).

Grant recipients will be selected through a combination of public vote via our website, as well as final consideration of our board.

I would be happy to answer any questions in more detail. You can also visit our website for more information: thethinredline.org.

Best,
Shane Parkins - President
National Firefighters Endowment
shane@thethinredline.org

On a side note if you hit the video link I personally find the picture of the 2 FFs on tricycles with the hoseline funny, like "that's funny right there" funny. Especially since I felt like that more than once on a response before....