Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cincinnati Fire Exam, August 4, 2012

Forum Member

Ok,thank you.

Forum Member

Tentative start dates for the class are August 26, and if that does not work September 9.

Forum Member

@carney would you say its a safe bet if we have not recieved a call yet we're out?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jamrey View Post
    @carney would you say its a safe bet if we have not recieved a call yet we're out?
    @jamrey, I really don't know that information. The city uses the rule of 3 to select recruits. So if they consider your name 3 times and don't choose you, then you are removed from selection. If people who are offered do not accept or for whatever reason don't qualify then they will call someone else in order to meet the 40 spots.

Forum Member

I see. I guess all I can do is wait and hope. I appreciate all your help throughout this process.

Forum Member

So is the ranking system just for show? I thought as long as you were in the top 40 you were good to go, as long as you didn't have any issues.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jamrey View Post
    So is the ranking system just for show? I thought as long as you were in the top 40 you were good to go, as long as you didn't have any issues.
    No they can skip people for any reason. It works like this. Candidates ranked 1,2,3 are considered for spot number one. They choose number 1. Candidates 2 and 3 now get a check mark next to there name. For spot number 2 they now look at candidates number 2,3,4. They choose number 3. Candidate number 2 gets a second check mark and number 4 gets their first check mark. For spot number 3 they now now look at candidates 2,4,5. They choose number 5. Candidate number 2 has been considered three times and not chosen for a job, he is no longer eligible for a job and is removed from the selection pool. Candidate number 4 now receives his second check mark. For spot number 4 they now look at candidates 4,6,7. They choose number 6. Candidate number 4 is now removed from the selection pool after being considered three times and not selected. For spot number 5 they now look at candidates 7,8,9. This process is repeated down the list until all spots are selected. This is how you can score high on the list but not get a job.

Forum Member

How many are they hiring and how many usually fail the medical exam?

Forum Member

Hiring 40. Usually not many fail at most one or two.

Forum Member

So.... your saying there's still hope

Forum Member

Has anyone else heard of applicants moving on to medical evals? I'm top 40 after some of the denied polygraph appeals. I find it hard to believe the department spent all the time and money to make a list only to skip so many of the top applicants who passed the polygraph.

Forum Member

I'm top 20 on the list. I contacted HR earlier in the summer and was told that they don't hire down the list. I haven't not received any contact about medical evals.

Forum Member

I know that for the upcoming class they offered jobs to some people over the 100 mark. With the way the select applicants, if you are below that mark you are likely out.

Forum Member

Do people who were passed up for the upcoming class stay on the list for when/if they hire a second class? Or if you were passed up are you out of the selection.

Forum Member

How many of the 40 are paramedics?

Forum Member

I do not know the exact number but a DC today said 19 of the 40 to be hired are paramedics.

In years past if they hired multiple classes from the same list, if you were skipped over for the first class they continue moving down the list to hire additional classes.

Forum Member

What's the latest on this class? Still on as planned and is there any word on whether they will have another after this class?

Forum Member

A lot of people are still finishing their stress test. Have not heard any difference on start dates. You know how rumors are but I did hear that they were trying to hire one class maybe even two classes all this list. Good luck

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonbone View Post
    A lot of people are still finishing their stress test. Have not heard any difference on start dates. You know how rumors are but I did hear that they were trying to hire one class maybe even two classes all this list. Good luck
    Start date is August 26. I won't even begin to speculate about a second class. No one has any certainty on that.

Forum Member

Anyone else get a letter to take the poly?? I received an email this past thursday

Thread Information