Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cincinnati Fire Exam, August 4, 2012

Forum Member

Have either one of you heard from fire for your polygraph? I'm checking my email every few hours.

If those are really the numbers, those are great odds.

Forum Member

I work with several guys who already took their poly. The word is that rejection emails were being sent out this week. Hope this helps.

Forum Member

The word is wrong perhaps. Got my poly and background email today for the second week in April. Non-vet and still alive, stay strong guys. goodluck!

Forum Member

Congrats! I didn't know they were still sending emails for the poly. I have a couple of buddies who didn't get that email and when I did they assumed they were out. I'm sure that would make them feel better

Forum Member

Anyone know what the next step would be if the poly went well?

Forum Member

They scheduled the top 50 for polygraphs first and this week sent emails to the remaining top 200. After the polygraph if picked you will be asked to go take a medical. Who knows how long it will take to get polygraph results.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joe-rocko View Post
    They scheduled the top 50 for polygraphs first and this week sent emails to the remaining top 200. After the polygraph if picked you will be asked to go take a medical. Who knows how long it will take to get polygraph results.

Actually, after a polygraph you will ONLY go to a medical if they are offering you a job. That means they have a definite date for a class. As of right now they are shooting for sometime in May. Pay attention though to the parking deal the city is trying to make. It could have a big impact on the city as a whole. You also should have to do finger printing for an FBI background check prior to being offered a job. Everyone that gets their finger prints done does not get offered a job.

Forum Member

lets hope it all went well
    Last edited by joe-rocko; 03-30-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Forum Member

The first 50 was polygraphed and fingerprined the same day. Not sure If they are doing that for the remaining or not.

Forum Member

Any way to know what your poly and background results are or is it just another waiting game?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joe-rocko View Post
    Any way to know what your poly and background results are or is it just another waiting game?
    In the past you had to wait for a letter that said if you passed or failed the poly. Usually around the same time the actual list is made public. Once the list is made public you either get a call for a job offer or you don't. If you were asking me about my poly, the last time I took them, I just thanked the examiner and left, don't ask if you passed or failed.

Forum Member

Na, was asking Jamry since he already had a poly. Thanks for the info though Carney.

Forum Member

The examiner said that everything went well and generally 80-90% of the people that come are telling the truth (like me) and I was in that group. The examiner also said that the FD was down to 250 people but I've heard from a good source,that they were down to 70. I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worse. I'm sure there are a lot of you that have been all over the Internet hearing terrible poly stories. I was treated with respect and the examiner explained how everything worked which helped calm my nerves. Tell the truth, be respectful and dress well. (also don't do what one hopeful did and sit and wait for your poly and talk about how you were driving 140 mph on the way to the station) please don't ask about detailed stuff about the poly to others that have taken it..it can screw both of you.

Forum Member

So I am assuming that if we got an email for polys in April we are more than likely not in the first class.

Forum Member

Or being considered for it should I say.

Forum Member

I wouldn't assume that. If you weren't considered they wouldnt give you a poly period. Just because some received polys in march doesn't mean they will all get hired either. Best of luck!

Forum Member

hey Joe, was that a pretty reliable source about the polys going to top 50?

Forum Member

Thats what a guy told my buddy. Said the guy called him for a poly last month and was scheduling the top 50. The remaining got emails for polys in mid april.

Forum Member

Well I hope that's true.

Forum Member

Default Top 50

Reliable source told me backgrounds were coming back not so solid on the "supposed top 50". That's why more candidates are going in April.

Thread Information