Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cincinnati Fire Exam, August 4, 2012

Forum Member

Default Tired of the rumors

I really hope that they go ahead with the process I have heard different rumors that they would but I guess we will see

Forum Member

I talked to a CFD guy this weekend he said that they are because the class would be covered by the grant. That being said we will never truly know until we get an email.

Forum Member

Default You are 100% right

You are 100% right but the good thing is that they do have the grant and I couldn't image they would pay the money for the test and everything and not have the class. Just FYI there are still a lot of people Still challenging the process. Because they had failed some portion of it.A lot of challenges are still planed to mid June According to the civil-service minutes

Forum Member

Are there a lot of guys on this thread still in the process?

Forum Member

Just curious, if you challage something does that mean you get to re-take it? I had a buddy that failed his oral board and was really upset because he doesn't understand how or why.

Forum Member

The challenge process is usually for people who failed their polygraph are got kicked out because of the Questionnaire. @ jamery are you still in the process.

Forum Member

have the people that failed the polygraph been notified already?

Forum Member

I would think that all the people who failed know by now if you look at the civil service mins on the website there have been a lot of people who failed. Are the y still people on here who are in the process still?

Forum Member

Ol jamrey is. Im in the top 600

Forum Member

I'm still in the process. I was told after my poly that I was good to go and that everything went fine. I told the truth so I assume I "passed" I would think if you failed anything they would of let you know by now. They only person I know of "failing" anything was my buddy, like I said before.

Forum Member

Assuming as well but there were several appeals from the questionaire and polygraphs in the civil service minutes so I guess if you failed you have been notified.

Forum Member

I did the poly and background in march and then seems like a month later budget cuts came up and everything was shut down. I check my email constantly waiting for something official.

Forum Member

Word is the class is a go again so good luck

Forum Member

Also apparently the eligibility list came out before some were notified they failed so you could of been top 600 and then bumped way up from failures and such. The guy I talked to has been with CFD for along time and also trained me in a different fire academy, he isnt the type to just start rumors so I'd say it's a safe bet they will start back with the process and start training sometime within te next couple months at the latest.

Forum Member

Thanks joe

Forum Member

I have heard a few things from a few people also one guy is Very reliable he said. they plan on having class but there was no detail yet.

Forum Member

For those of you on here, rumors are just rumors. As far as the next class goes, I promise I will tell you on here when it is a Go. Right now the city is in a hiring freeze and council must past a special ordinance in order to hire a new fire recruit class because of this hiring freeze. Until then, hold tight.

Forum Member

@carnythekid thanks a lot for the info this is why I hate rumors. I am checking my email all the time hoping I don't miss anything. But thanks again will just wait to I hear something on here.

Forum Member

It's just like the military rumors of deployment..rumors of a longer deployment ...rumors of coming home early ..they are usually always just random rumors.. But they still manage to always get everyone worked up haha. I wish you all the best of luck. @Carney Are you a city employee?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jamrey View Post
    It's just like the military rumors of deployment..rumors of a longer deployment ...rumors of coming home early ..they are usually always just random rumors.. But they still manage to always get everyone worked up haha. I wish you all the best of luck. @Carney Are you a city employee?
    Yes I am on the fire department

Thread Information