Thread: Chattanooga

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Chattanooga

Have looked around on the forum and haven't found an answer. Just wondering if Chattanooga uses the CPAT for their physical or do they run their own? Also does anyone know if they will be hiring this fall? I see that they are holding testing in June and in Aug. (and believe they tested in Feb.). Didn't know if it was just to establish a list to have it in place or if they were planning on hiring from it. I know they have a class of 24 that graduates this month, but wasn't sure if they had enough retirements to require another academy.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by zachryw2001; 05-10-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Forum Member

1) CFD does their own PAT consisting of 1)running/dragging uncharged 2 1/2", 2)carry 2 1/2" hose bundle up to 2nd floor, 3)raise a hose pack by rope, 4)running a lil' way and then scaling a 4 1/2' wall, 5)raising a straight ladder from ground, 6)climb a different straight ladder walk around it and then climb back down, 7)grab a 15lb dumb bell and walk up to 2nd floor and walk back down, 8)use an 8lb maul to hit a 77lb weighted tire across a 12 ft table that is 3 feet off the ground, 9) crawl through a 25ft u-tunnel, 10) lift a 140lb?? dummy and walk backwards 90 ft. (all of the above while wearing an air pack (no mask)) Then plan on doing as many push ups and sit ups as you can in 1 minute (if I remember correctly) and then run a 440.

2) Chattanooga will be hiring later this year and plans to have back-to-back academies of around 24 cadets each. Plenty of retirements coming up and plans for an additional company to be added.

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks for the update.

I take it that this is a timed test, how is it scored and what is cut off time?
    Last edited by zachryw2001; 07-11-2012 at 10:49 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fighting5 View Post
    1) CFD does their own PAT consisting of 1)running/dragging uncharged 2 1/2", 2)carry 2 1/2" hose bundle up to 2nd floor, 3)raise a hose pack by rope, 4)running a lil' way and then scaling a 4 1/2' wall, 5)raising a straight ladder from ground, 6)climb a different straight ladder walk around it and then climb back down, 7)grab a 15lb dumb bell and walk up to 2nd floor and walk back down, 8)use an 8lb maul to hit a 77lb weighted tire across a 12 ft table that is 3 feet off the ground, 9) crawl through a 25ft u-tunnel, 10) lift a 140lb?? dummy and walk backwards 90 ft. (all of the above while wearing an air pack (no mask)) Then plan on doing as many push ups and sit ups as you can in 1 minute (if I remember correctly) and then run a 440.

2) Chattanooga will be hiring later this year and plans to have back-to-back academies of around 24 cadets each. Plenty of retirements coming up and plans for an additional company to be added.
    Thanks for the update, fighting5! That physical sounds like a hardcore setup. I am very glad Chattanooga Fire will be hiring. Looks like there is no shortage of action in Chatt Town!

MembersZone Subscriber

Did anyone else have an interview with Chattanooga? I had mine at the end of August, reference letters were sent out and my employers were called.

The latest (direct from Human Resources) is that they will have an academy, but no start date has been determined.

MembersZone Subscriber

Did anyone else on here have their polygraph last week or is having one this week? I'm glad to see things are rolling forward. Time to stay patient for the physical!

Forum Member

Does anyone have information on the status of Chattanooga's current hiring process? I've gone through all the steps and now just Eagerly waiting to hear back. Any estimated dates for the next recruit class? Trying to make a move from Florida, so any "heads up" would be great. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Never_Quit View Post
    Does anyone have information on the status of Chattanooga's current hiring process? I've gone through all the steps and now just Eagerly waiting to hear back. Any estimated dates for the next recruit class? Trying to make a move from Florida, so any "heads up" would be great. Thanks
    Hey, buddy. Could ya turn on your email or PM feature? I have some info that may help you.

Forum Member

Will do Bruno. I just set up the account, I'm used to my truck forums where it automatically does notifications/etc. But.. I got a call today! after clearing the medical evaluation I should start cadet academy late february! I'm Stoked, now to scramble with house and family stuff to prepare!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Never_Quit View Post
    Will do Bruno. I just set up the account, I'm used to my truck forums where it automatically does notifications/etc. But.. I got a call today! after clearing the medical evaluation I should start cadet academy late february! I'm Stoked, now to scramble with house and family stuff to prepare!
    Congrats, buddy! Great news! I'll send ya a PM.

Forum Member

Hi guys, any info on when is the next class going to start? And how many in each class? Thanks.

Thread Information