Forum Member

Default how long does hiring process take

I have recieved my tentative offer for a marine core base the HR lady has already sent me my paperwork ( direct deposit info, medical , dental options), and has set up my pre employment physical.....I am just waiting on them to say the job is 100% mine an give me a start date....problem is i am set to deploy to Iraq at the end of the month with KBR....i dont wanna say no to KBR just yet just in case somethin happens with the base job. Am i lookin at few months? weeks? any info i'd appreciate
    Last edited by californiaFF; 05-11-2012 at 02:35 AM. Reason: NONE

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by californiaFF View Post
    I have recieved my tentative offer for a marine core base the HR lady has already sent me my paperwork ( direct deposit info, medical , dental options), and has set up my pre employment physical.....I am just waiting on them to say the job is 100% mine an give me a start date....problem is i am set to deploy to Iraq at the end of the month with KBR....i dont wanna say no to KBR just yet just in case somethin happens with the base job. Am i lookin at few months? weeks? any info i'd appreciate
    I have never heard of anyone getting their paperwork ahead of time, and I have to believe that if you already have the appointment for your physical then I would say the job is yours. However I understand the concern regarding the predicament. I would say give her a call, and tell her a circumstance has come up and that you are absolutely interested in the job, but a potential employer has movement orders for you for the end of the month, and that you just want to confirm the offer so that you dont turn down the other potential employment prematurely.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Thanks FWD, apperciate the advice....I planned on doing a 1 year contract with KBR, come home an (try)land a base job, but both of these came my way with in a 3 days of eachother. ...That overseas money would be nice...but i cant pass up a full time gig.

Forum Member

Sounds like as long as you pass everything job is yours and sounds like you are in just have to process

But like above make the call

Forum Member

Well i called HR yesterday and expressed my concern in how the process is really cutting it close and i am reluctant to decline the offer from KBR since i dont have a start date and if there is anything i can do on my part while still in the states.... She arranged for my pre-employment drug test today, sooo i gotta imagine things are movin along

Thread Information