Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

So they will call everyone? Even if they are moving on to chiefs interview or not? Anyone still getting call backs today from them?

Forum Member

Mine is not until after Christmas and I am local.

Forum Member

My understanding from when we met with HR at CPAT was that CCFD would call when they want us. You may get a call for the first academy, you may get a call in 1.5 years. She said to keep your certs updated and your contact information updated, and stay out of trouble.

Forum Member

I got a call yesterday to schedule my interview. HR said that interviews were during Christmas week. They are actually having interviews on Christmas Eve. She was very nice and let me pick the time and day for my interview. Good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

congratulations to all who got the calls.

Just out of curiosity, are they going alphabetical by last name?

Forum Member

Thats a great question. My last name starts with A and a friend of mine knows someone who got a call with a last name starting with A as well so it could be.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HB82 View Post
    Thats a great question. My last name starts with A and a friend of mine knows someone who got a call with a last name starting with A as well so it could be.
    I'm the middle of the alphabet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HB82 View Post
    I got a call yesterday to schedule my interview. HR said that interviews were during Christmas week. They are actually having interviews on Christmas Eve. She was very nice and let me pick the time and day for my interview. Good luck to everyone!
    Hey hb82 & dirty ax. If you dont mind sharing, I am curious what your backgrounds are in terms of work experience and certs. They said you would be called in if you have what the chief is looking for and i am curious as to what that would be.

C41
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Axe View Post
    I'm the middle of the alphabet.
    I'm wondering how long they are doing actual "call backs" for....I would think maybe until the end of the week? And that might be stretching it a little.

Forum Member

Does anyone know of anyone getting a call to tell them they are no longer in the process? I'm curious if those calls were really happening. Also are people still getting calls?

Forum Member

I haven't gotten a call yet; given to go for a Chief interview or a no for no longer being in the process.
    I haven't heard of anyone getting the no calls though.

And ditto to ffsd17, are anyone else still getting calls?

Forum Member

Well I think it's safe to say the first round of calls is done for the next academy. Congrats to all who got a call to move on in the process. My only thought for more calls is if a bunch of people don't interview well this time around or fail one of the other parts (psyc test, physical, background check). I wonder how many got calls??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    Well I think it's safe to say the first round of calls is done for the next academy. Congrats to all who got a call to move on in the process. My only thought for more calls is if a bunch of people don't interview well this time around or fail one of the other parts (psyc test, physical, background check). I wonder how many got calls??
    Not sure - sure doesn't seem like many. I'll try and get some information when I go for mine, though I'm certainly not the first to interview so perhaps someone else will update before then.

Forum Member

Ya I don't think there were too many calls. Not one county explorer got a call.... Anyways good luck to all of you who have interviews this week! Keep us posted.

Forum Member

Very brief interviews. 61 got called in total.

Forum Member

Very brief interviews. 61 got called in total.
    Thanks for the update Dirty Axe.

Are they finished with the calls for this round for Rookie School?

Forum Member

61? And they were supposedly wanting 30FF and 30medics? If calls are done or this next academy I guess they are really banking on everyone passing the next few steps. Well, odds seem real good at the moment for those who did get a call!

Forum Member

61? And they were supposedly wanting 30FF and 30medics? If calls are done or this next academy I guess they are really banking on everyone passing the next few steps. Well, odds seem real good at the moment for those who did get a call!
    Sounds like they want an academy of 25, so I am guessing to get the 30/30 they will do another round later on. The very tentative plan as I was told it is a late March/early April academy to come out of this group with calls going out in a couple weeks for the lucky ones.

Forum Member

So they are done with calls then for the next academy they will have. Did they say anything else about the next steps in the process?

Forum Member

So they are done with calls then for the next academy they will have. Did they say anything else about the next steps in the process?
    Calls to the lucky folks, then psych/suitability test, med and fingerprints for background

Forum Member

Has anyone taken a psych test before? I had my chief interview on xmas eve. It went well I am hoping for the next academy. Congrats to everyone that has made it this far in the process. Everyone that has not received a call for an interview yet or didn't get an interview my best advice to all of you is keep trying and put the effort in to being successful and you will succeed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KFDFF41911 View Post
    Has anyone taken a psych test before? I had my chief interview on xmas eve. It went well I am hoping for the next academy. Congrats to everyone that has made it this far in the process. Everyone that has not received a call for an interview yet or didn't get an interview my best advice to all of you is keep trying and put the effort in to being successful and you will succeed.
    Was your interview super short too?

The psych is the easiest part. I think the only people who fail are people who really do need legitimate psychological help Just relax and answer honestly and all is well. Good luck!

Forum Member

Was your interview super short too?

The psych is the easiest part. I think the only people who fail are people who really do need legitimate psychological help Just relax and answer honestly and all is well. Good luck!
    yea it was pretty short and to point. It was a good interview and way less stress then the panel interview. I am sure my psych is intact. So I will flow with the punches and keep my phone next to me.
    ColoradoDave likes this.

C41
    Forum Member

I'm wondering if they made "61" calls just for the EMT spots? Or 61 calls total....

Forum Member

Has to be total. Someone I know is a medic and he has said similar stuff.

Thread Information