Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

  1. #226
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    So they will call everyone? Even if they are moving on to chiefs interview or not? Anyone still getting call backs today from them?

  2. #227
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Mine is not until after Christmas and I am local.

  3. #228
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    43

    Default

    My understanding from when we met with HR at CPAT was that CCFD would call when they want us. You may get a call for the first academy, you may get a call in 1.5 years. She said to keep your certs updated and your contact information updated, and stay out of trouble.

  4. #229
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I got a call yesterday to schedule my interview. HR said that interviews were during Christmas week. They are actually having interviews on Christmas Eve. She was very nice and let me pick the time and day for my interview. Good luck to everyone!

  5. #230
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    congratulations to all who got the calls.

    Just out of curiosity, are they going alphabetical by last name?

  6. #231
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Thats a great question. My last name starts with A and a friend of mine knows someone who got a call with a last name starting with A as well so it could be.

  7. #232
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HB82 View Post
    Thats a great question. My last name starts with A and a friend of mine knows someone who got a call with a last name starting with A as well so it could be.
    I'm the middle of the alphabet.

  8. #233
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HB82 View Post
    I got a call yesterday to schedule my interview. HR said that interviews were during Christmas week. They are actually having interviews on Christmas Eve. She was very nice and let me pick the time and day for my interview. Good luck to everyone!
    Hey hb82 & dirty ax. If you dont mind sharing, I am curious what your backgrounds are in terms of work experience and certs. They said you would be called in if you have what the chief is looking for and i am curious as to what that would be.

  9. #234
    C41
    C41 is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Axe View Post
    I'm the middle of the alphabet.
    I'm wondering how long they are doing actual "call backs" for....I would think maybe until the end of the week? And that might be stretching it a little.

  10. #235
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Does anyone know of anyone getting a call to tell them they are no longer in the process? I'm curious if those calls were really happening. Also are people still getting calls?

  11. #236
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I haven't gotten a call yet; given to go for a Chief interview or a no for no longer being in the process.
    I haven't heard of anyone getting the no calls though.

    And ditto to ffsd17, are anyone else still getting calls?

  12. #237
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Well I think it's safe to say the first round of calls is done for the next academy. Congrats to all who got a call to move on in the process. My only thought for more calls is if a bunch of people don't interview well this time around or fail one of the other parts (psyc test, physical, background check). I wonder how many got calls??

  13. #238
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    Well I think it's safe to say the first round of calls is done for the next academy. Congrats to all who got a call to move on in the process. My only thought for more calls is if a bunch of people don't interview well this time around or fail one of the other parts (psyc test, physical, background check). I wonder how many got calls??
    Not sure - sure doesn't seem like many. I'll try and get some information when I go for mine, though I'm certainly not the first to interview so perhaps someone else will update before then.

  14. #239
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Ya I don't think there were too many calls. Not one county explorer got a call.... Anyways good luck to all of you who have interviews this week! Keep us posted.

  15. #240
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Very brief interviews. 61 got called in total.

  16. #241
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Axe View Post
    Very brief interviews. 61 got called in total.
    Thanks for the update Dirty Axe.

    Are they finished with the calls for this round for Rookie School?

  17. #242
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    61? And they were supposedly wanting 30FF and 30medics? If calls are done or this next academy I guess they are really banking on everyone passing the next few steps. Well, odds seem real good at the moment for those who did get a call!

  18. #243
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    61? And they were supposedly wanting 30FF and 30medics? If calls are done or this next academy I guess they are really banking on everyone passing the next few steps. Well, odds seem real good at the moment for those who did get a call!
    Sounds like they want an academy of 25, so I am guessing to get the 30/30 they will do another round later on. The very tentative plan as I was told it is a late March/early April academy to come out of this group with calls going out in a couple weeks for the lucky ones.

  19. #244
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    So they are done with calls then for the next academy they will have. Did they say anything else about the next steps in the process?

  20. #245
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    So they are done with calls then for the next academy they will have. Did they say anything else about the next steps in the process?
    Calls to the lucky folks, then psych/suitability test, med and fingerprints for background

  21. #246
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Has anyone taken a psych test before? I had my chief interview on xmas eve. It went well I am hoping for the next academy. Congrats to everyone that has made it this far in the process. Everyone that has not received a call for an interview yet or didn't get an interview my best advice to all of you is keep trying and put the effort in to being successful and you will succeed.

  22. #247
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KFDFF41911 View Post
    Has anyone taken a psych test before? I had my chief interview on xmas eve. It went well I am hoping for the next academy. Congrats to everyone that has made it this far in the process. Everyone that has not received a call for an interview yet or didn't get an interview my best advice to all of you is keep trying and put the effort in to being successful and you will succeed.
    Was your interview super short too?

    The psych is the easiest part. I think the only people who fail are people who really do need legitimate psychological help Just relax and answer honestly and all is well. Good luck!

  23. #248
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Axe View Post
    Was your interview super short too?

    The psych is the easiest part. I think the only people who fail are people who really do need legitimate psychological help Just relax and answer honestly and all is well. Good luck!
    yea it was pretty short and to point. It was a good interview and way less stress then the panel interview. I am sure my psych is intact. So I will flow with the punches and keep my phone next to me.
    ColoradoDave likes this.

  24. #249
    C41
    C41 is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    61? And they were supposedly wanting 30FF and 30medics? If calls are done or this next academy I guess they are really banking on everyone passing the next few steps. Well, odds seem real good at the moment for those who did get a call!
    I'm wondering if they made "61" calls just for the EMT spots? Or 61 calls total....

  25. #250
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Has to be total. Someone I know is a medic and he has said similar stuff.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. westlake ohio firefighter/medic: pick up apps by June 30 2011
    By ffmedcbk1 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 11:10 PM
  2. Clark County, NV
    By jl in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 07:53 PM
  3. Clark County
    By jesterwon in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 10:24 AM
  4. Clark County, NV Fire Exam
    By dmfireschool in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 12:48 PM
  5. Richard J. Tiffany-Clark County, WA Fire District 12
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Line of Duty: In Memory Of
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 02:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register