Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

well I'll let y'all know if I get any calls this week and relay any pertinent information.

If they are aiming for a March/April Rookie School then I'm not surprised that they are still doing calls for Chief in January and maybe in February as well.

Best of luck to all of you

tbt
    MembersZone Subscriber

Unfortunately, I have heard from 2 very credible sources 2 bits of not-so-great news for those in the process: 1) Chief was not content with enough of the first 61 candidates he interviewed so he set up a second round of interviews. Those ended on the 18th.

Just as disheartening, and maybe you others can help confirm this, 2) I heard that approx. 10 in the Prevention department were in essence given pink slips, but were offered to be retrained and join the floor. Not sure if they were part of the 2nd interview process and if they would be ushered passed the other parts of the testing (i.e., background, psyche, etc) and right to the academy or what. If anyone else in the know can confirm that, that would be helpful. Again, this was from a very credible, reliable source, but I haven't heard the same from anyone else.

Oh, and 3) my understanding is Chief wants to hire 120 in the next 2 years, which is good news.

Good luck to all

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbt View Post
    Unfortunately, I have heard from 2 very credible sources 2 bits of not-so-great news for those in the process: 1) Chief was not content with enough of the first 61 candidates he interviewed so he set up a second round of interviews. Those ended on the 18th.

Just as disheartening, and maybe you others can help confirm this, 2) I heard that approx. 10 in the Prevention department were in essence given pink slips, but were offered to be retrained and join the floor. Not sure if they were part of the 2nd interview process and if they would be ushered passed the other parts of the testing (i.e., background, psyche, etc) and right to the academy or what. If anyone else in the know can confirm that, that would be helpful. Again, this was from a very credible, reliable source, but I haven't heard the same from anyone else.

Oh, and 3) my understanding is Chief wants to hire 120 in the next 2 years, which is good news.

Good luck to all
    All of that sounds good for us limbos.

My buddy that is an EMT-P had a Chief Interview a couple of weeks ago. He hasn't heard of next steps though.

Has anyone gone past the Chief interview process yet?

Forum Member

Just heard that one of the explorers from county just got a call on Monday for a chiefs interview.. My guess, is it's not just one person who got a call and they are making more calls this week.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    Just heard that one of the explorers from county just got a call on Monday for a chiefs interview.. My guess, is it's not just one person who got a call and they are making more calls this week.
    Wow... a THIRD round of interviews... if they want a March academy like they were saying when I went in, by the time they make selections it'll give very little time to out-of-towners to make the move.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Axe View Post
    Wow... a THIRD round of interviews... if they want a March academy like they were saying when I went in, by the time they make selections it'll give very little time to out-of-towners to make the move.

Keeping fingers crossed.
    It would be nice if they would just let the guys that had an interview know, one way or the other.

Forum Member

Any new insider info on what's going on? A fourth round of interviews? Called tentatively planned for any particular time frame? Academy delayed from their early predictions? Anything? Bueller?
    FF4EVER84 likes this.

Forum Member

Any new insider info on what's going on? A fourth round of interviews? Called tentatively planned for any particular time frame? Academy delayed from their early predictions? Anything? Bueller?
    Funny,.... How many actually know the "Bueller" reference? Fact is, I'm equally as curious to the answers to your questions.

Forum Member

Started making calls yesterday. Two people I know who work in Vegas as medics got calls. Not sure if they made all the calls yesterday or not. I'm a medic in the Vegas system as well and have not got a call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJayB View Post
    Started making calls yesterday. Two people I know who work in Vegas as medics got calls. Not sure if they made all the calls yesterday or not. I'm a medic in the Vegas system as well and have not got a call.
    I hope that they didn't make all of the calls yesterday. Here's to hoping...

Forum Member

Can't help but be pretty disappointed when words comes that calls have gone out, and the phone hasn't rang. Bummer...

Forum Member

Several guys that have posted had Chief's Interviews, if I recall correctly. I'd hope at least one moves on.

Forum Member

Anyone else hear anything?

Forum Member

Any word on if any non-medics made it? A few minutes ago a friend at NLV called and said he has heard a rumor from his Lt that they only took medics. He said he didnt know how true that was though as it was third-hand info.

Forum Member

Makes me wonder how the 50/50 ratio fits into the scenario. Perhaps it is on an overall basis, as opposed to what is hired. Perhaps they were low on the medic side.

Forum Member

Any word on if any non-medics made it? A few minutes ago a friend at NLV called and said he has heard a rumor from his Lt that they only took medics. He said he didnt know how true that was though as it was third-hand info.
    Can't be true. The contract states 50/50. Maybe they only called the medics so far.
    On another note, for all those testing with CCFD. Sounds like Chief Washington is thinking late March or early April for a rookie school. Then another one some time next year. With an average of 20 to 30 graduates from each of those, 40 to 60 new firefighters in the next two years. There are really no openings on the floor, and no new stations or retirements on the horizon. A common thought is that the department will hire all these employees and then claim a financial crisis. This would put the union in a position to take a pay cut or force the layoffs of all the new hires. I can't say that a pay cut would happen in that scenario. Obviously, this is all a rumor and may not have any merit whatsoever. But if I had a secure job and was going to quit that and uproot my family to move to Las Vegas, then I would want all the cards on the table. Good luck to all involved.

Forum Member

I just talked to ccfd and was told that all calls have gone out for the first fire academy. I was told the next academy will be at the end of this year or the begging of next year. Good luck to all of you.

Forum Member

Correction: I talked to someone today who said it is possible to do an all medic rookie school. Sounds like that rumor might have some legs too.

Forum Member

Sounds like a March 25th start date for the next rookie school. 10 firefighters and 20 paramedics. Good luck to all that get the call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by okiris34 View Post
    Sounds like a March 25th start date for the next rookie school. 10 firefighters and 20 paramedics. Good luck to all that get the call.
    They will graduate just before the real heat kicks in

I am really surprised that of all the people who went through the process and had been posting here, I only know of one that got the almighty call. Usually we have more to celebrate for our forum family lol

Forum Member

I was disappointed In Myself for not making it in to the first academy. I scored an 85 on the written and did what I thought was well during the panel interview and the chief's interview. I am a medic I have a college degree and 6 years of fire service with a paid department. I was thinking maybe they took only local guys this go around. I thought I would have at least received a phone call or a dear john letter with my final ranking. I called HR and was told that there will be another academy at the end of this year or the beginning of next year. My fingers are still crossed, good luck to all that are still in the process.

C41
    Forum Member

Just wanted to bump this one to the top. Anyone in the process....let's not give up hope!

Forum Member

Not sure how many people are still checking this. Anyone know of any news of future academies or updates. Only thing I have heard is possibly first of the year or late summer.

Forum Member

The list expired two days ago. Got that from an email. The academy that is in session might be the only one for a while. Even with these guys still in the academy, there are no places to put them as of now. I have two roomates who work for CCFD and have not been able to get more than a 1/2 shift for overtime in the past couple months.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJayB View Post
    The list expired two days ago. Got that from an email. The academy that is in session might be the only one for a while. Even with these guys still in the academy, there are no places to put them as of now. I have two roomates who work for CCFD and have not been able to get more than a 1/2 shift for overtime in the past couple months.
    The list was only good for six months?

Thread Information