Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

C41
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJayB View Post
    The list expired two days ago. Got that from an email. The academy that is in session might be the only one for a while. Even with these guys still in the academy, there are no places to put them as of now. I have two roomates who work for CCFD and have not been able to get more than a 1/2 shift for overtime in the past couple months.
    This is confusing. I don't think this current list would've lasted only six months. I'm hoping for hopefully one more academy in the next year off this list that just tested last august, but all I hear out of Clark County is pretty negative stuff when it comes to budgeting and prospective future hires.

Forum Member

Did anyone else get this email? Been in the process the whole time, and never got an email saying the list is done.

Forum Member

I have also been in the process the whole time and never got an email. I doubt they would just drop the list six months in.Who knows though. Im tempted to call HR for confirmation. I dont believe anything until I hear it straight from CCFD.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HB82 View Post
    I have also been in the process the whole time and never got an email. I doubt they would just drop the list six months in.Who knows though. Im tempted to call HR for confirmation. I dont believe anything until I hear it straight from CCFD.
    I was in the first round of Chief's interviews and didn't hear anything; I doubt they'd expire the list so quickly, but if anyone contacts them and finds out for sure - please let us all know!
    HB82 likes this.

Forum Member

Was camping this last weekend in San Diego and the guy next door was a CC FF. He said he heard just last week they want to put another group in a tower soon. He also said it would be off the current list. There is still hope!! Hope this helps...

Forum Member

I called HR and talked to Carol. She said that the list is no longer good. Chief Washington wanted the list expired early so that's what they had to do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by smoke101 View Post
    I called HR and talked to Carol. She said that the list is no longer good. Chief Washington wanted the list expired early so that's what they had to do.
    Woooow. All those flights to and from Vegas and the list was the shortest lived in history. Ooouuuchhhh.

MembersZone Subscriber

I feel sorry for those of you who made the list. As much as I would like the Clark County Firefighter to be right for the sake of those on the list, the HR analyst is most likely right. So will Clark County be testing again in the near future?

Forum Member

Doubt it. There are really no spaces to place these guys now. Like I said, my roommates haven't had a full day of overtime in months. Speculation on moving some rigs (mostly the trucks) around and putting up some new rescues at stations that really need them, like 33s and some others down on the southwest end. This is just my opinion from a outsider looking in, I see at least 5 years of them being good on staffing levels. But look out for City, and dare I say it maybe even North Las Vegas soon!
    Last edited by TeeJayB; 05-29-2013 at 03:41 AM.

C41
    Forum Member

Wow. Fairly demoralizing with the financial and time commitment I made to this one, but I'm not quite sure what the point to run a new process for only 8 months worth of time was? Seems like either things are getting really bad or there was some type of strategy behind it from the beginning that we don't know about-maybe claiming financial crisis or something. Guess it's time to keep an eye out for city or Henderson.........

Forum Member

The list wasn't even official for six months. The first Chief's interviews weren't finished until the week following Christmas. Craziness. Can't imagine myself testing for them again after this. Wow.

C41
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Axe View Post
    The list wasn't even official for six months. The first Chief's interviews weren't finished until the week following Christmas. Craziness. Can't imagine myself testing for them again after this. Wow.
    I definitely will be thinking twice after this....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by smoke101 View Post

Wow, I spent money to fly out there multiple times just to have the list closed out early, very disappointing.
    KFDFF41911 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

I know their has been conflicting reports but I spoke to a gentleman in HR today and he informed me that they abolished the Firefighter/Paramedic list and they might possibly open the Firefighter/Paramedic recruitment again in a few months. He also said that the Firefighter list is still active and they won't do another Firefighter recruitment for another year or so. Good luck to those that are still in the process.

C41
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    I know their has been conflicting reports but I spoke to a gentleman in HR today and he informed me that they abolished the Firefighter/Paramedic list and they might possibly open the Firefighter/Paramedic recruitment again in a few months. He also said that the Firefighter list is still active and they won't do another Firefighter recruitment for another year or so. Good luck to those that are still in the process.
    I called HR today and couldn't get a hold of anyone. Everyone keeps saying they've talked to someone in HR-I will try to call again tomorrow and just confirm with Carol whether the list entirely is gone or if it's just ff/medic..........rumors are a swirlin!!!!!

Forum Member

I tried calling today and didnt get an answer. Phone just rang. Anyone else having an luck?

Forum Member

This does sound correct. I was on the ff/pm list. I have also heard the rumor about another ff/pm recruitment in the future. Just wish they weren't so hush hush about what's going on. I went out to Vegas six times for this. I won't be going back. Gl to all

C41
    Forum Member

Same deal for me also. I've tried different times on multiple days. Feel like maybe we aren't going to get an "answer" for the most part and we should probably just hope for a surprise at some point in the future....I'll keep on it HB82

C41
    Forum Member

Just got off the phone with Carol as she called me back today, and the words straight from her mouth were that the ff/paramedic list has indeed been expired, while the ff/emt list is still quite alive and kicking. She said she wasn't sure what the plans were for everyone left on that list as far as hiring goes, but to keep sending any updated information that we might have. Somewhat of a relief on my end, but I just feel bad for the medics that got expired on....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by C41 View Post
    Just got off the phone with Carol as she called me back today, and the words straight from her mouth were that the ff/paramedic list has indeed been expired, while the ff/emt list is still quite alive and kicking. She said she wasn't sure what the plans were for everyone left on that list as far as hiring goes, but to keep sending any updated information that we might have. Somewhat of a relief on my end, but I just feel bad for the medics that got expired on....
    Well thats good news for us still in the process. Hopefully they use this for at least one academy soon. Time will tell.

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything new? Hoping to hear something positive.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HB82 View Post
    Anyone hear anything new? Hoping to hear something positive.
    Talked to a guy on the job when I was out there not long ago. He said as far as he knows they don't need the guys they just hired staffing wise let alone even more. So doesn't sound very optimistic.

Forum Member

Yeh that doesnt sound like great news. Wonder if they will keep the list for over a year.

Forum Member

Lately I've been hearing rumors county is going to be "testing" again. Not too sure what these people meant, but the heard it from their EMT instructors. Has anyone heard anything like this? Curious to know if they mean they are starting the process over, doing a testing for medics since that list is done, or going to be doing more chiefs interviews from the current list.

Forum Member

Interesting. Anyone else heard anything else regarding this?

Thread Information