Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 345
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

  1. #261
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I think Chief interviews should be done. Now just waiting to see who moves on. Hope to hear soon!


  2. #262
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Is anyone else jumping a little bit every time their phone rings this week? lol

  3. #263
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Axe View Post
    Is anyone else jumping a little bit every time their phone rings this week? lol
    I've been the same way. I thought we would have heard by now. Hopefully this week.

  4. #264
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    well good luck to all how made it this round.

    If you're in limbo like me; hope to see you in the next round.

  5. #265
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babaghanoush View Post
    well good luck to all how made it this round.

    If you're in limbo like me; hope to see you in the next round.
    With no calls out yet, sounds like we are all in limbo lol
    FF4EVER84 likes this.

  6. #266
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Interviews finished up on Friday 18th. Anyone gone past that step?
    Last edited by ctt55; 01-19-2013 at 03:09 PM.

  7. #267
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctt55 View Post
    Interviews finished up on Friday 18th. Anyone gone past that step?
    Interviews just got done? I thought they were done the week of Christmas?

  8. #268
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HB82 View Post
    Interviews just got done? I thought they were done the week of Christmas?
    They were, according to Clark County HR. Unless they added extra dates, of course, which I'm assuming someone would have posted that they had been contacted, if that were the case.

  9. #269
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Word on the street is they didn't have enough for an academy... So they must have done more interviews....

  10. #270
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    Word on the street is they didn't have enough for an academy... So they must have done more interviews....
    any idea on how many more interviews they did? Or when they will make calls now? I am really surprised that they did more interviews and we didn't have anyone post about a call to go on this thread

  11. #271
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Mine was on Friday, 18th. They said two weeks for further phone calls.

  12. #272
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctt55 View Post
    Mine was on Friday, 18th. They said two weeks for further phone calls.
    Did you ask how many they were interviewing during your round? Or how many days over which they were doing them?

  13. #273
    C41
    C41 is offline
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    Word on the street is they didn't have enough for an academy... So they must have done more interviews....
    Just curious-didn't have enough who passed backgrounds? Or didn't have enough because they raised the number going to academy?!? Good luck to everyone who is still very much in this process!

  14. #274
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    No sorry, I did not ask any of that. I just took the info they gave. 2 weeks for calls. Academy in march or April.

  15. #275
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by company41 View Post
    Just curious-didn't have enough who passed backgrounds? Or didn't have enough because they raised the number going to academy?!? Good luck to everyone who is still very much in this process!
    Backgrounds arent until after they make offers, so cant be that. Lets hope its them wanting a bigger academy instead of just disliking so many of the first group
    FF4EVER84 likes this.

  16. #276
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    well I'll let y'all know if I get any calls this week and relay any pertinent information.

    If they are aiming for a March/April Rookie School then I'm not surprised that they are still doing calls for Chief in January and maybe in February as well.

    Best of luck to all of you

  17. #277
    tbt
    tbt is offline
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Unfortunately, I have heard from 2 very credible sources 2 bits of not-so-great news for those in the process: 1) Chief was not content with enough of the first 61 candidates he interviewed so he set up a second round of interviews. Those ended on the 18th.

    Just as disheartening, and maybe you others can help confirm this, 2) I heard that approx. 10 in the Prevention department were in essence given pink slips, but were offered to be retrained and join the floor. Not sure if they were part of the 2nd interview process and if they would be ushered passed the other parts of the testing (i.e., background, psyche, etc) and right to the academy or what. If anyone else in the know can confirm that, that would be helpful. Again, this was from a very credible, reliable source, but I haven't heard the same from anyone else.

    Oh, and 3) my understanding is Chief wants to hire 120 in the next 2 years, which is good news.

    Good luck to all

  18. #278
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbt View Post
    Unfortunately, I have heard from 2 very credible sources 2 bits of not-so-great news for those in the process: 1) Chief was not content with enough of the first 61 candidates he interviewed so he set up a second round of interviews. Those ended on the 18th.

    Just as disheartening, and maybe you others can help confirm this, 2) I heard that approx. 10 in the Prevention department were in essence given pink slips, but were offered to be retrained and join the floor. Not sure if they were part of the 2nd interview process and if they would be ushered passed the other parts of the testing (i.e., background, psyche, etc) and right to the academy or what. If anyone else in the know can confirm that, that would be helpful. Again, this was from a very credible, reliable source, but I haven't heard the same from anyone else.

    Oh, and 3) my understanding is Chief wants to hire 120 in the next 2 years, which is good news.

    Good luck to all
    All of that sounds good for us limbos.

    My buddy that is an EMT-P had a Chief Interview a couple of weeks ago. He hasn't heard of next steps though.

    Has anyone gone past the Chief interview process yet?

  19. #279
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Just heard that one of the explorers from county just got a call on Monday for a chiefs interview.. My guess, is it's not just one person who got a call and they are making more calls this week.

  20. #280
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    Just heard that one of the explorers from county just got a call on Monday for a chiefs interview.. My guess, is it's not just one person who got a call and they are making more calls this week.
    Wow... a THIRD round of interviews... if they want a March academy like they were saying when I went in, by the time they make selections it'll give very little time to out-of-towners to make the move.

    Keeping fingers crossed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. westlake ohio firefighter/medic: pick up apps by June 30 2011
    By ffmedcbk1 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 10:10 PM
  2. Clark County, NV
    By jl in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 06:53 PM
  3. Clark County
    By jesterwon in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 09:24 AM
  4. Clark County, NV Fire Exam
    By dmfireschool in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 11:48 AM
  5. Richard J. Tiffany-Clark County, WA Fire District 12
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Line of Duty: In Memory Of
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts