Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

I think Chief interviews should be done. Now just waiting to see who moves on. Hope to hear soon!

Forum Member

Is anyone else jumping a little bit every time their phone rings this week? lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Axe View Post
    Is anyone else jumping a little bit every time their phone rings this week? lol
    I've been the same way. I thought we would have heard by now. Hopefully this week.

Forum Member

well good luck to all how made it this round.

If you're in limbo like me; hope to see you in the next round.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Babaghanoush View Post
    well good luck to all how made it this round.

If you're in limbo like me; hope to see you in the next round.
    With no calls out yet, sounds like we are all in limbo lol
    FF4EVER84 likes this.

Forum Member

Interviews finished up on Friday 18th. Anyone gone past that step?
    Last edited by ctt55; 01-19-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ctt55 View Post
    Interviews finished up on Friday 18th. Anyone gone past that step?
    Interviews just got done? I thought they were done the week of Christmas?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HB82 View Post
    Interviews just got done? I thought they were done the week of Christmas?
    They were, according to Clark County HR. Unless they added extra dates, of course, which I'm assuming someone would have posted that they had been contacted, if that were the case.

Forum Member

Word on the street is they didn't have enough for an academy... So they must have done more interviews....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    Word on the street is they didn't have enough for an academy... So they must have done more interviews....
    any idea on how many more interviews they did? Or when they will make calls now? I am really surprised that they did more interviews and we didn't have anyone post about a call to go on this thread

Forum Member

Mine was on Friday, 18th. They said two weeks for further phone calls.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ctt55 View Post
    Mine was on Friday, 18th. They said two weeks for further phone calls.
    Did you ask how many they were interviewing during your round? Or how many days over which they were doing them?

C41
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    Just curious-didn't have enough who passed backgrounds? Or didn't have enough because they raised the number going to academy?!? Good luck to everyone who is still very much in this process!

Forum Member

No sorry, I did not ask any of that. I just took the info they gave. 2 weeks for calls. Academy in march or April.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by company41 View Post
    Just curious-didn't have enough who passed backgrounds? Or didn't have enough because they raised the number going to academy?!? Good luck to everyone who is still very much in this process!
    Backgrounds arent until after they make offers, so cant be that. Lets hope its them wanting a bigger academy instead of just disliking so many of the first group
    FF4EVER84 likes this.

Forum Member

well I'll let y'all know if I get any calls this week and relay any pertinent information.

If they are aiming for a March/April Rookie School then I'm not surprised that they are still doing calls for Chief in January and maybe in February as well.

Best of luck to all of you

tbt
    MembersZone Subscriber

Unfortunately, I have heard from 2 very credible sources 2 bits of not-so-great news for those in the process: 1) Chief was not content with enough of the first 61 candidates he interviewed so he set up a second round of interviews. Those ended on the 18th.

Just as disheartening, and maybe you others can help confirm this, 2) I heard that approx. 10 in the Prevention department were in essence given pink slips, but were offered to be retrained and join the floor. Not sure if they were part of the 2nd interview process and if they would be ushered passed the other parts of the testing (i.e., background, psyche, etc) and right to the academy or what. If anyone else in the know can confirm that, that would be helpful. Again, this was from a very credible, reliable source, but I haven't heard the same from anyone else.

Oh, and 3) my understanding is Chief wants to hire 120 in the next 2 years, which is good news.

Good luck to all

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbt View Post
    Unfortunately, I have heard from 2 very credible sources 2 bits of not-so-great news for those in the process: 1) Chief was not content with enough of the first 61 candidates he interviewed so he set up a second round of interviews. Those ended on the 18th.

Just as disheartening, and maybe you others can help confirm this, 2) I heard that approx. 10 in the Prevention department were in essence given pink slips, but were offered to be retrained and join the floor. Not sure if they were part of the 2nd interview process and if they would be ushered passed the other parts of the testing (i.e., background, psyche, etc) and right to the academy or what. If anyone else in the know can confirm that, that would be helpful. Again, this was from a very credible, reliable source, but I haven't heard the same from anyone else.

Oh, and 3) my understanding is Chief wants to hire 120 in the next 2 years, which is good news.

Good luck to all
    All of that sounds good for us limbos.

My buddy that is an EMT-P had a Chief Interview a couple of weeks ago. He hasn't heard of next steps though.

Has anyone gone past the Chief interview process yet?

Forum Member

Just heard that one of the explorers from county just got a call on Monday for a chiefs interview.. My guess, is it's not just one person who got a call and they are making more calls this week.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    Just heard that one of the explorers from county just got a call on Monday for a chiefs interview.. My guess, is it's not just one person who got a call and they are making more calls this week.
    Wow... a THIRD round of interviews... if they want a March academy like they were saying when I went in, by the time they make selections it'll give very little time to out-of-towners to make the move.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Thread Information