Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

Yeh not sure whats going on. Where did you hear this from? Sound like there is any truth to it?

Forum Member

The hiring from the old list came from a buddy of mine who works for the department. I guess it's still being debated. However the planning on a January academy came from one of their Chiefs. Like everything though who knows its not set in stone. If it is the case though, the timeframe would make to believe that it would be from the old list.

Forum Member

Thanks for the update. I think if that were the case then wouldn't we need to update our interviews and go through a full background? That would all have to happen rather quickly. Please let us know if you hear anything else.

Forum Member

From an HR e-mail...

"I am only updating your file.* At this point, there is not an Academy scheduled.* I am simply looking for your current information to give to Chief Washington.* Please note:* this update is exclusively for individuals who applied in 2012.**The Southern Nevada Firefighter Recruitment is a separate recruitment to develop an eligibility list for the future.* If you are currently working through that process, please continue as this information will not transfer."

Forum Member

Sounds like to rumor is true on a class from this list. I hope so. Already sent my update in.

Forum Member

Sent mine is as well. I am kinda shocked that they sent this email out. They are currently accepting applications and I received a email from HR saying the list was no longer active a few months ago. Not to mention the speed at which they would have to move people to get ready for a January academy. We still have hope...

Forum Member

Any new updates? I sent in my application yesterday after I had my NTN scores sent over a few weeks ago for the new recruitment. Hoping something happens with the old list.

Forum Member

Anybody hear anything regarding the EMS cert email? Assuming they are looking to see if there has been enough Paramedic upgrades to fill a 50/50 academy.

Haven't heard anything since sending in my update

Forum Member

Anyone heard anything? Heard a rumor they could be gearing up to make calls sometime soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneday View Post
    Anyone heard anything? Heard a rumor they could be gearing up to make calls sometime soon.

For what its worth, I was recently at station 14(our airroom), and there were a bunch of recruit and cadre airpacks put together. I think it is highly likely that an academy will start shortly.

Forum Member

Fingers crossed for that. I do know they will be doing an ELFF academy for Rural Division From what I have heard in January, Just FYI for everyone. Still haven't heard anything.

Anyone else?

Forum Member

Nothing yet. I wonder if the chief leaving will delay things? I did hear the same thing from someone who works at ccfd regarding the air packs and turnouts. Hope to hear something soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HB82 View Post
    Nothing yet. I wonder if the chief leaving will delay things? I did hear the same thing from someone who works at ccfd regarding the air packs and turnouts. Hope to hear something soon.
    Every step of the process was always followed by the office saying, "It just depends on what Chief wants." So I'd guess his leaving will probably significantly derail any plans they had.

Forum Member

Email from today..

This notice is to confirm your continued interest in the position of Fire Fighter for Clark County, Nevada. We will be conducting interviews in mid-January 2015 from the Fire Fighter 2012 eligibility list. Please respond to this email if you would like to be considered in the interview process. Responses must be received no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, December 26, 2014.

If we do not receive a response from you by the deadline listed above it will be determined that you are no longer interested in this position.

Forum Member

I didn't receive an email. Anyone else get one?

Forum Member

I got the same email today. Going to try and contact a Captain tomorrow with CCFD to see if I can get anymore info. I wonder how many they sent out?

Forum Member

No email yet for me. Are those that did receive one medics by chance?
    Last edited by Irons17; 12-06-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Forum Member

It's not only medics who recieved the email.

Forum Member

Got an email. Not a medic.

Forum Member

Not medic either.. I didn't even update my certs.

Forum Member

I got the email, not a medic either.

Forum Member

Quick question. Has everyone that recieved an email, also participating in the southern Nevada consortium testing?

Forum Member

Not it in the current joint process.

Thread Information