Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

I passed, but only with a 75.00

I wonder with that score what the odds would even be to get an interview after passing the CPAT. I imagine there's a bunch of people who passed and I've got an awfully low score.
    Last edited by Dirty Axe; 08-19-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Forum Member

Well, I scored an 82, and don't feel that great about it. If you pass the CPAT, you interview the next day,....but,.....how many folks with scores in the 70-80's get a job offer? I know some folks can be great test-takers, and screw up in the oral,...but,...my low score really concerns me. (I thought I had at least a 90). Good luck to everyone.....what was the final number of people to be hired?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thank You 4 Your Time View Post
    Well, I scored an 82, and don't feel that great about it. If you pass the CPAT, you interview the next day,....but,.....how many folks with scores in the 70-80's get a job offer? I know some folks can be great test-takers, and screw up in the oral,...but,...my low score really concerns me. (I thought I had at least a 90). Good luck to everyone.....what was the final number of people to be hired?
    Well if your low score concerns you, I should be petrified

Forum Member

I dont want to sounds complainy bc 88 is a decent score but definitely I felt the same as many of you, I thought I did a little better, like low 90s.

Sounds like they are looking to get the dice rolling here with the interview scheduled the day after a successful CPAT.

Best of luck to all who took the test...

Forum Member

Hmm, I have not recieved any email yet....

Anyone else?

Forum Member

Ended up getting the email today. Scored a 71 wow barely made it.

So if I pass the CPAT I have an interview the next day? Seems pretty far fetched with my low score. I'm sure they will rank me on the final list assuming I pass interviews with this test score though?

Forum Member

I know people who scored in the 70's last testing in 2010 and were hired, and people who scored in the 90's and werent hired so you never know.

Forum Member

Default Test Results

I received a e-mail around 4:30 Sat. pm as well, didn't make the cut this was definetly a time consuming test and apparently somewhat difficult I finished just in time, I did way better on the LVFR test but then they froze the hiring process... shortly after. Good luck to all who are moving forward!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    Hmm, I have not recieved any email yet....

Anyone else?
    Talked to HR. He said they are re running some of the score sheets again and I should have a email tomorrow....

Maybe there was a glitch in the Matrix..

Forum Member

That test was tough I am glad it is over. This is the fourth time I have tested for them and each time the test is still difficult. Keep your head up and keep testing good things will happen. Good luck to everyone on the physical and the interview I will see you there.

Forum Member

Got a question for anyone familiar with CCFD's hiring process.

It says in the e-mail that we need to attend 2 orientations, and 2 practices before taking our actual CPAT.

My question is will they let the 2 orientations and 2 practices slide? During that time I will be in my college fire academy. I wont have enough time to take off for all that. I will only have enough time to take off for the CPAT. I also have my current CPAT card if I sent that to them would they be more lenient on letting the 2+2 slide and just going out for my CPAT?

Thanks.

Forum Member

apparently you didnt read the entire email.

Forum Member

What's confusing about the email is that it says you need the two practice runs and orientations with in 30 days of the schedule cpat examination. However this would leave only a couple of weeks of sessions depending on when your examination is scheduled for. According to the email if you did your two practice runs and orientations out of the 30 day window or you don't do them at all you would need a waiver. At least according to the email I got

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImAti0n View Post
    Got a question for anyone familiar with CCFD's hiring process.

It says in the e-mail that we need to attend 2 orientations, and 2 practices before taking our actual CPAT.

My question is will they let the 2 orientations and 2 practices slide? During that time I will be in my college fire academy. I wont have enough time to take off for all that. I will only have enough time to take off for the CPAT. I also have my current CPAT card if I sent that to them would they be more lenient on letting the 2+2 slide and just going out for my CPAT?

Thanks.
    They want you to do two. If you can't make two--for whatever reason--you send the waiver saying you can't make it, but you'll still be there for the actual CPAT. No worries.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by legos.8ty7 View Post
    apparently you didnt read the entire email.
    Apparently you need to take the stick out of your ***. I was at work reading it on my phone.

I just re read it and saw it.

Thank you to everyone who did give me an answer though

Forum Member

wow, real mature comeback. so what you meant was that i was right about my comment 'you didnt read the entire email'. no big deal but dont get butt hurt dude, you wont make it in this profession if cant take a punch.

you got your answer, move on.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FF4191 View Post
    That test was tough I am glad it is over. This is the fourth time I have tested for them and each time the test is still difficult. Keep your head up and keep testing good things will happen. Good luck to everyone on the physical and the interview I will see you there.
    As I mentioned before, I did not make the cut. With that said, I see you have tested for CCFD 4 times. Did you move on to the CPAT and interview each time? How often do they usually test? If I recall correctly, didn't they have just a Firefighter/Paramedic recruitment back in 2008? Just trying to get an idea on how often they test. Good luck to you.

Thank you,

Robert

Forum Member

The seem to test every 2ish years, last cycle was summer 2010 and the one before that was around Jan Feb 2007 I belive.

Forum Member

...just an FYI: CC is not accepting valid CPAT cards in lieu of taking the CPAT. I figured the answer would be 'no', but I asked anyway because you never know sometimes. Good luck to all!

Forum Member

In regards to the CPAT orientations and practice runs, are you required to go the entire time(7am-4pm) or do you just go sometime in between those times? If anyone knows I would appreciate it. otherwise I will just call tomorrow.

Forum Member

Does anyone have any idea how many people are moving on the the CPAT/Interview stage? At first I was thinking that not very many would be but after hearing the cut off score was a 70, it makes me think there will be quite a few moving on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    In regards to the CPAT orientations and practice runs, are you required to go the entire time(7am-4pm) or do you just go sometime in between those times? If anyone knows I would appreciate it. otherwise I will just call tomorrow.
    CC has personnel who will assist you during that time. You dont have to stay the entire time, you just do your runs after a overview and then leave...

Quote Originally Posted by ksorenson11 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea how many people are moving on the the CPAT/Interview stage? At first I was thinking that not very many would be but after hearing the cut off score was a 70, it makes me think there will be quite a few moving on.
    I imagine a lot of people. I know 20 people who tested and only 1 person who didnt make the cut off.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ksorenson11 View Post
    30% of 2,500 = 750.... I'm pretty sure there weren't 2,500 that tested (I say that because the last few tests for CC and LVF&R had many fewer test takers than the number allowed to test.).... So, my guess is 500-650 will be CPAT-ing, and 400-600 will be interviewing. The initial hire is 60, with 30 FF's, and 30 Medic/FF's. (I've also heard/read that number might go to 100)....bottom line is roughly one-in-ten at this point will get hired.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thank You 4 Your Time View Post
    30% of 2,500 = 750.... I'm pretty sure there weren't 2,500 that tested (I say that because the last few tests for CC and LVF&R had many fewer test takers than the number allowed to test.).... So, my guess is 500-650 will be CPAT-ing, and 400-600 will be interviewing. The initial hire is 60, with 30 FF's, and 30 Medic/FF's. (I've also heard/read that number might go to 100)....bottom line is roughly one-in-ten at this point will get hired.

Was the score based off of how many you got correct or was it based off of ranking? If it was based off of how many you got correct then you do not have enough parts of the puzzle to say that "30% passed" because 80% of the people could have gotten more then 70 questions correct.

I've seen it done both ways so that is why I am asking.

I noticed that as I was leaving the testing room there were a lot of empty seats in the back rows, they didn't even fill up every seat. Lots of no-shows. I helped 3 other people sign up to test and only one of them actually showed up. The other two had work/wife issues so they didn't take the test. We all live out of state.

Speaking of no-shows, I know of one fire department that only gives out 1200 slots to test, they normally fill up within 4 to 12 minutes when the sign up site goes hot. Come test time (30 test seats a day over 6 some odd weeks) they have between a 20 and 50% no show rate every morning. They have standby people lining up the night before to get a standby seat.

Seeing how I live out of state I didn't go to the out reach meetings, does anyone have any idea how Vet points work? Normally when I test for somewhere they respond back with "you scored a 90, with your Vet points you now have a 95", the clark county email just said "you passed, this is your score" have points already been added in or will they be in the future? I've seen it both ways so that is why I ask.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Seeing how I live out of state I didn't go to the out reach meetings, does anyone have any idea how Vet points work? Normally when I test for somewhere they respond back with "you scored a 90, with your Vet points you now have a 95", the clark county email just said "you passed, this is your score" have points already been added in or will they be in the future? I've seen it both ways so that is why I ask.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the score that your received on the email is with your vet points added in. I called to verify, as I was expecting a score and then plus 5 or 10, then total score. The HR rep stated that anyone who turned in the DD214 and or Vet Points had the points added.

Side Note... News Flash...

It has been reported that only 400 people passed the written, and only 1200 showed to test. This is coming from a CC employee. Great odds for us who are going to CPAT! Get in shape now and pass it, its easy!

Thread Information