Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

I really don't remember... I've been racking my brain trying to remember my score,.... Pretty sure it was in the high 80's/ low 90's.... I think the last time I tested, there were only 1,000 applicants, so, 300 or so CPAT-ing doesn't sound out of line (if 70% was passing/cutoff). But with 2,500 testing, that would mean 750 would potentially be CPAT-ing, and roughly 500-600 interviewing.....seems kinda high, but they're also hiring quite a bit more this time around as well. Once again, as it always goes with FF testing,..we'll all find out soon enough. I know I didn't get a 100 on it, so, my fingers are crossed for 85 being the cutoff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    For those of you who moved on to the CPAT last time, did it mention in your notice that you made the cutoff and that your moving on to the CPAT or did they send a second notice informing you that you made the cutoff and that your moving on.

Here is the email from last test cycle, received 20 Aug 2010...

> You have successfully passed the multiple-choice written examination for the position of FIRE FIGHTER I (ROOKIE SCHOOL), Exam #FF-2010 with a score of 81.00. At a later date, you will be notified of practice dates and times for the Candidate Physical Ability Test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    Here is the email from last test cycle, received 20 Aug 2010...

> You have successfully passed the multiple-choice written examination for the position of FIRE FIGHTER I (ROOKIE SCHOOL), Exam #FF-2010 with a score of 81.00. At a later date, you will be notified of practice dates and times for the Candidate Physical Ability Test.
    How far did you get? Did you Interview??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by beefsupreme View Post
    How far did you get? Did you Interview??
    I actually didnt continue on with that recruitment. I was hired with another department 2weeks before the CPAT....
    beefsupreme likes this.

Forum Member

...I found my email from the last time I tested with CC.....scored an 85, and made to the interview. This was my first FF interview, and it was rather 'unconventional' compared to not only other interviews I've had but also what we all understand to be the 'format' for FF interviews. I was caught off-guard, and really didn't feel that great about it after it was finished. I've tested/interviewed a few more times since then, and plan to do quite a bit better this time around. (like they all say, "whenever you DON'T get hired, always learn from the experience, and apply it to the next interview.")

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey USAFfiredog, I tried sending you a pm, but you need to enable your pm option. It says that I am unable to send message because the user has not enabled that option.
    Last edited by nnfra200302; 08-15-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    Hey USAFfiredog, I tried sending you a pm, but you need to enable your pm option. It says that I am unable to send message because the user has not enabled that option.
    Should be good to go now!

Forum Member

Scores/ results for the test are out. I didn't make the cut. Another learning experience. Fyi, cut off is 70. Best to those that are moving on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dctalk523 View Post
    Scores/ results for the test are out. I didn't make the cut. Another learning experience. Fyi, cut off is 70. Best to those that are moving on.
    I havent gotten anything yet.... what time did they email them out??

Sorry about your results!! good luck with your next test!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    I havent gotten anything yet.... what time did they email them out??

Sorry about your results!! good luck with your next test!!
    Nothing here either - good luck everyone!

Forum Member

@USAFfiredog: I got the email around 4:30 pm west coast time. I can't win'em all. I'm definitely going to take this testing experience w/ Clark County as a learning experience. The written exam was time consuming. I simply ran out of time. On to the next one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dctalk523 View Post
    @USAFfiredog: I got the email around 4:30 pm west coast time. I can't win'em all. I'm definitely going to take this testing experience w/ Clark County as a learning experience. The written exam was time consuming. I simply ran out of time. On to the next one.
    Ya, all you can do it try to stay positive and there will be more test!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Well... I did not make the cut either. Honestly, I was a little shocked to see what I scored, I thought I did better. I have to agree with dctalk523, I felt rushed on time towards the end of the test and simply ran out of time and had to guess on about a dozen questions. By the way, my email said that 70% is the minimum passing score. Am not sure if that is also the cutoff score to move on to the CPAT. Good luck to the rest of you. On the bright side, LVF&R and HFD should be testing again in the near future.

Forum Member

...so those who didn't make it got emails? Seems kinda backwards...I would think those who DO make it would get the emails,....

Sorry to hear from those who didn't make it...like nnfra200302 says, the other Depts. in the Vegas valley should be testing again soon...

Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Ya, thats what it looks like... Hopefully they will send the rest of the results emails this week.

Forum Member

I passed, but only with a 75.00

I wonder with that score what the odds would even be to get an interview after passing the CPAT. I imagine there's a bunch of people who passed and I've got an awfully low score.
    Last edited by Dirty Axe; 08-19-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Forum Member

Well, I scored an 82, and don't feel that great about it. If you pass the CPAT, you interview the next day,....but,.....how many folks with scores in the 70-80's get a job offer? I know some folks can be great test-takers, and screw up in the oral,...but,...my low score really concerns me. (I thought I had at least a 90). Good luck to everyone.....what was the final number of people to be hired?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thank You 4 Your Time View Post
    Well, I scored an 82, and don't feel that great about it. If you pass the CPAT, you interview the next day,....but,.....how many folks with scores in the 70-80's get a job offer? I know some folks can be great test-takers, and screw up in the oral,...but,...my low score really concerns me. (I thought I had at least a 90). Good luck to everyone.....what was the final number of people to be hired?
    Well if your low score concerns you, I should be petrified

Forum Member

I dont want to sounds complainy bc 88 is a decent score but definitely I felt the same as many of you, I thought I did a little better, like low 90s.

Sounds like they are looking to get the dice rolling here with the interview scheduled the day after a successful CPAT.

Best of luck to all who took the test...

Forum Member

Hmm, I have not recieved any email yet....

Anyone else?

Thread Information