+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 First ... 2345678 ... Last
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post

Side Note... News Flash...

It has been reported that only 400 people passed the written, and only 1200 showed to test. This is coming from a CC employee. Great odds for us who are going to CPAT! Get in shape now and pass it, its easy!

thanks for the info. 400 people... man thats not bad odds for us.

Forum Member

Yes, the score that your received on the email is with your vet points added in. I called to verify, as I was expecting a score and then plus 5 or 10, then total score. The HR rep stated that anyone who turned in the DD214 and or Vet Points had the points added.

Side Note... News Flash...

It has been reported that only 400 people passed the written, and only 1200 showed to test. This is coming from a CC employee. Great odds for us who are going to CPAT! Get in shape now and pass it, its easy!
    I hope that number is true, as that would be great for all of us. However, I heard that the number of people CPAT-ing is around 800. Big difference in what we heard and both work for county. Like I said before, I hope your number is correct.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    I hope that number is true, as that would be great for all of us. However, I heard that the number of people CPAT-ing is around 800. Big difference in what we heard and both work for county. Like I said before, I hope your number is correct.
    Aren't rumors a lot of fun? As many as 800 is, that is still doable. When you factor in the list is good for two years, how many will pass CPAT/Interview, how many out-of-staters will actually travel back out there is still hope.

who knows maybe in that two year time frame I will be working else where.

Forum Member

A little off topic, but I was just curious if anyone had tested for Vegas or Henderson previously. If so how was that test compared to the county one?

Forum Member

A little off topic, but I was just curious if anyone had tested for Vegas or Henderson previously. If so how was that test compared to the county one?
    CCFD's test to me was harder than Hendersons.

Forum Member

Henderson was easy, it was a two part test. First test was, I think, a FPSI test, General stuff... the 2nd test was a EMT Basic test, Brady EMT book.

Las Vegas sucked, was a pych test.. like 20 or so basic questions and seemed like a million pych and personality questions. I belive the test company was CMH, CHW, something like that..

last time I took them was in 2008.

MembersZone Subscriber

Henderson was easy, it was a two part test. First test was, I think, a FPSI test, General stuff... the 2nd test was a EMT Basic test, Brady EMT book.

Las Vegas sucked, was a pych test.. like 20 or so basic questions and seemed like a million pych and personality questions. I belive the test company was CMH, CHW, something like that..

last time I took them was in 2008.
    FYI: I took LVF&R's test back in January 2010 and they used the FPSI 9th Edition Test Preparation Manual for the written test. I had heard that they did not like the CWH written test, so they went back to FPSI. LVF&R had used FPSI for prior tests before they used CWH. The last test for LVF&R was easy as long as you studied the study guide. 76% of the questions were based off of the study guide and 26% were cognitive ability questions. The cognitive ability questions were far less time consuming. I did not make the cut for CCFD, so am patiently waiting for LVF&R to test again. Again, good luck to those moving on with CCFD.

Forum Member

I thought the LVF&R test was the "easiest"....not in the sense that it was 2nd grade Math and English, but because you were instructed to study ONE book, and ONLY that ONE book. Hendersons test was similar to the CC test, with the exception of the Spatial Relationships chapter of the test. Frankly, I'm in a similar boat as NNFRA, waiting to test with LV again. Looking forward to doing my best with the interview for CC though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Thank You 4 Your Time View Post
    I thought the LVF&R test was the "easiest"....not in the sense that it was 2nd grade Math and English, but because you were instructed to study ONE book, and ONLY that ONE book. Hendersons test was similar to the CC test, with the exception of the Spatial Relationships chapter of the test. Frankly, I'm in a similar boat as NNFRA, waiting to test with LV again. Looking forward to doing my best with the interview for CC though.
    Well said and good luck on your interview with CCFD.

Forum Member

Any who has interviewed for CCFD in the past, how was it?

Forum Member

Is there any idea as to when they will notify us of dates for the real timed CPAT, with an interview the next day?

I know the email says we will know by Oct 22nd and to wait until then, I was just curious. I live out of state so I would have to get time off work, buy airline tickets and a hotel room.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 45gggh View Post
    Is there any idea as to when they will notify us of dates for the real timed CPAT, with an interview the next day?

I know the email says we will know by Oct 22nd and to wait until then, I was just curious. I live out of state so I would have to get time off work, buy airline tickets and a hotel room.
    Likewise. Not much time between the test and when they say they'll tell us by

Forum Member

Anyone heard anything yet about dates for CPAT and interviews, like when they are going to be emailed out?

I live out of state so I submitted a waiver. If I remember right from the email they will email out dates for the actual CPAT around Oct 22nd.

I hope that everyone is having a productive fall so far.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 45gggh View Post
    Anyone heard anything yet about dates for CPAT and interviews, like when they are going to be emailed out?

I live out of state so I submitted a waiver. If I remember right from the email they will email out dates for the actual CPAT around Oct 22nd.

I hope that everyone is having a productive fall so far.

No word yet, but will keep my ears open...

Took a practice CPAT today, what a joke.... They need to get rid of a test that easy and use the harder Bittle test to weed out the people who are not in decent shape... Make better odds for the rest of us... Haha

Good luck to everyone..

Forum Member

No word yet, but will keep my ears open...

Took a practice CPAT today, what a joke.... They need to get rid of a test that easy and use the harder Bittle test to weed out the people who are not in decent shape... Make better odds for the rest of us... Haha

Good luck to everyone..
    I completely agree. I've taken the CPAT about 5 times now and everytime I laugh about how big of a difference academy PT and CPAT "physical shape" is.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranckNBeans View Post
    I completely agree. I've taken the CPAT about 5 times now and everytime I laugh about how big of a difference academy PT and CPAT "physical shape" is.
    Seriously,...The first time I took a CPAT, I was "worried" about it. Lol. After I passed, (and CPAT'ed a few more times) I realized it's hyped waaay more than it is difficult. Although, I guess if a candidate isn't in at least decent- to marginal- shape, they have something to worry about. The last time I did a CPAT, I was talking with the proctor the whole time while on the treadmill. Not to sound cocky, but I would like to see what the people who don't pass it look like. I mean, once you get off the treadmill, the rest is cake.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thank You 4 Your Time View Post
    Seriously,...The first time I took a CPAT, I was "worried" about it. Lol. After I passed, (and CPAT'ed a few more times) I realized it's hyped waaay more than it is difficult. Although, I guess if a candidate isn't in at least decent- to marginal- shape, they have something to worry about. The last time I did a CPAT, I was talking with the proctor the whole time while on the treadmill. Not to sound cocky, but I would like to see what the people who don't pass it look like. I mean, once you get off the treadmill, the rest is cake.
    I've only ever come across one guy who failed-fell off the stair machine twice. I felt bad for him, he seemed to be in decent shape, but just kind of bigger and clumsy. Its crazy to me that not everyone passes, but I suppose if 800 people take it (based on info from a post above), at least 20-50 people could perhaps fail it.

Forum Member

Ya, LAZY people who don't prepare and want to be FF....

I didn't like the Step mil for the CC recruitment, stairs weren't deep enough so I kept jamming my toe, haha... had to walk on it funny...

Forum Member

Got my waiver turned in. Hopefully get enough lead time to get a good price on a plane ticket. Otherwise it's a drive and sleeping in the car. The price to pay to try for the dream, right?
    Last edited by Dirty Axe; 10-12-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Forum Member

Ya this is my first time testing and assumed the physical test would be much harder than the CPAT. It really is a joke and do wish it was harder as well to get rid of more people. Whats everyone's times so far on the practice runs?

Forum Member

Ya this is my first time testing and assumed the physical test would be much harder than the CPAT. It really is a joke and do wish it was harder as well to get rid of more people. Whats everyone's times so far on the practice runs?
    7:40, just cruising through... First time doing one... Happy with it..

Forum Member

7:40, just cruising through... First time doing one... Happy with it..
    How long do you have to complete it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Axe View Post
    How long do you have to complete it?
    I think it's like 10:30 or something...

Forum Member

Ya thats one of the better times ive heard or seen in the practice runs. Good for you thats awesome. Yes I think you need to complete it in under 10:30.

Forum Member

Ya thats one of the better times ive heard or seen in the practice runs. Good for you thats awesome. Yes I think you need to complete it in under 10:30.
    Right on... I figure anything under 1030 will get us to the interview... But, if it's possible to haul ***, might as well do it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information