+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 First ... 3456789 ... Last
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    Right on... I figure anything under 1030 will get us to the interview... But, if it's possible to haul ***, might as well do it...
    Well, yeah... the sooner you are done, the sooner you can get to the bar and get to drinking before you have to go to bed for your interview the next day.

Kidding, kidding

Forum Member

Anyone gave CC a resume, letters of recommendation or anything like that yet or are they accepting them? I know in one of the first few emails I got after I signed up for the test it said that they would notify us at a later date when they wanted stuff like that. I know a couple of people are planning on taking them to the interview and handing them to the panel but I would like them to have my resume and stuff like that before I go to the interview. Sorry if these are dumb questions, first time I have made it this far in the process so I'm just wondering what everyones thoughts are.

Forum Member

Is not a bad idea to take a few copies to the interview, but I have never had a panel ask for one... Only give them if they ask, and make sure it's very brief because they only have a few secs to look it over before the interview starts...

Usually, the HR rep at all the interviews has told me that they will not accept them, but bring them just in case.

If they ask ahead of time, then send em it. It doesn't hurt to email CChr and ask if they will accepting resumes at the interview, or beforehand.

Good luck, and remember to relax and breath.. Take your time and answer the questions they ask, do not veer off and start mumbling..

Forum Member

Two more days and us out of town folks will finally be able to book some plane tickets! Excited

Forum Member

I know right, hopefully I can make it

Forum Member

they are down to the wire... we shall see what today brings!

Forum Member

They said starting the 22nd we could call... I imagine they will get lots if calls soon if they dobt start sending emails lol

Forum Member

11/01 @ 12:00

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EB1980 View Post
    11/01 @ 12:00
    The following week for me, 7am

Forum Member

10/30 @ 12:00,.... Pretty sure the locals are going first,..... Would allow the out-of-towners a little more time to get tickets, rooms, etc.--although, I really don't understand why we didn't have notification weeks ago....would have made it easier (and cheaper) for those not living here. Good luck to all of you, may we shake hands on day one of the academy.
    Last edited by Thank You 4 Your Time; 10-23-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Forum Member

hey everyone I'm from out of state, and also in a fire academy. I heard from a friend that they are NOT allowing any rescheduling of CPAT's with the exception of military.

If that is true then what time does anyone expect the interview to be the next day? Only reason I ask is I have a state fire marshal class that Friday and need to be back ASAP, but obviously I want to go to the interview. Should I call HR and ask for an estimated time?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImAti0n View Post
    hey everyone I'm from out of state, and also in a fire academy. I heard from a friend that they are NOT allowing any rescheduling of CPAT's with the exception of military.

If that is true then what time does anyone expect the interview to be the next day? Only reason I ask is I have a state fire marshal class that Friday and need to be back ASAP, but obviously I want to go to the interview. Should I call HR and ask for an estimated time?

If you find out let us know, I agree with everyone else; I am a "out of towner" and it hasn't been that easy getting flights since we got the dates, On top of that I need to know when I can purchase my ticket to go home

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 45gggh View Post
    If you find out let us know, I agree with everyone else; I am a "out of towner" and it hasn't been that easy getting flights since we got the dates, On top of that I need to know when I can purchase my ticket to go home
    I worried about this too. To be safe I took a 5am out the morning after the board.

Forum Member

Called CC they are allowing NO reschedules.

I'm catching a flight at 6am thursday morning and just gonna book one home at 5pm we'll see what happens...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImAti0n View Post
    Called CC they are allowing NO reschedules.

I'm catching a flight at 6am thursday morning and just gonna book one home at 5pm we'll see what happens...
    They are only alowing re schedule for people on military orders. If you have some certain situation or something that will absolutely not allow you to attend your scheduled session, they will review the information, but will prob not be approved. Deadline for that is tomorrow at noon... Friday is a holiday and HR will be closed.

Forum Member

Does anyone know how many people are testing?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steveandnala View Post
    Does anyone know how many people are testing?
    There were 2,500 spots for written, and rumor is only 1,250 or so showed up....

Earlier posts to this thread said somewhere between 500-800 are CPAT-ing.....

Does anyone know if the number to be hired is still 60 (30ff/ 30ff-medic), or has that gone up?

Forum Member

From what I have heard it is 800 left. That's total including medics, but that is if everyone can make it.

Forum Member

Haven't heard anything about number of people hiring other than the original 30 each. Hopefully for everyone sake it goes up. I guess the best way to find out is ask at the end of your interview.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    Haven't heard anything about number of people hiring other than the original 30 each. Hopefully for everyone sake it goes up. I guess the best way to find out is ask at the end of your interview.
    They're looking to hire 30? Is that what you heard? I hope it's more! Anyone else have any numbers?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dialed View Post
    They're looking to hire 30? Is that what you heard? I hope it's more! Anyone else have any numbers?

It was put out at the start of this that they would hire 30 EMTs and 30 Paramedics

Forum Member

Anyone have an interview yet and care to share their experience

Forum Member

The first interviews would be tomorrow.

Forum Member

Default Carpool to CPAT/Interview from Hacienda Heights Area.

Carpool to CPAT Noon /Interview from Hacienda Heights Area. Leaving Nov. 1-2, 2012 at 0730.

Forum Member

Interview is bout 7 questions, can't get into specifics sorry... Nothing surprising or will catch you off guard... Panel was two FD personnel with HR rep in room. Good luck to all

Bout 850 people's invited to CPAT...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 First ... 3456789 ... Last

Thread Information