+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 First ... 45678910 ... Last
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

Real quick question. Hopefully someone can answer it before I get to bed. Did anyone submit a new resume? I know the email said during the interview they will NOT accept anything, but did anyone submit a new one during the CPAT or no?

Forum Member

I didn't, but a friend did.... He turned in letters and resume..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    I didn't, but a friend did.... He turned in letters and resume..
    During the CPAT he did right?

Forum Member

Yes, that is the only time that you have the chance too... You cannot take anything to the interview..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    Interview is bout 7 questions, can't get into specifics sorry... Nothing surprising or will catch you off guard... Panel was two FD personnel with HR rep in room. Good luck to all

Bout 850 people's invited to CPAT...
    850! Hot damn. Thats discouraging.

I saw the letter say it could take three hours for ones turn to go. Is that seeming to be the case? Also, are people actually seeing anyone fail? lol

Forum Member

I wonder what the break down is for medic/ emt out of those 850?

Forum Member

IMPORTANT NEWS:

For those reading, BE ON TIME, OR EARLY. THIS IS IMPERATIVE. There are two scheduled CPAT times per day, and each time has roughly 30 people testing at each time. IF YOU ARE LATE, EVEN BY TWO MINUTES, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN. This happened in my group yesterday. Plus, it's no joke that you will be there for a few hours.

The process goes like this: you arrive early and wait with the others already there. The door will be locked, but will open at exactly the time you're scheduled to CPAT.

Once inside you will fill out two forms. When everyone has filled them out, you all watch the video. Then a test proctor reads some items of interest, and then takes five people at random, who are the first five, in the order they were called, to take the CPAT. Another member of the administering CPAT faculty will then call out ten names, at random, and then another faculty member will call another ten names at random. Finally, another faculty member will call the last five names or so. The divided groups head to different rooms where they wait their turn(s) to CPAT.

Only five people are taken in the CPAT facility at a time, and it was taking about 35-45 minutes per five people. BRING SOMETHING TO EAT, AND AT LEAST A BOTTLE OF WATER (you'll be able to refill it)...bring in your phone for entertainment, unless you plan on chatting within your group for a while.

After you pass, you are required to wait at least ten minutes in another room, and then, finally, you will meet with an HR rep who schedules your interview, and talks to you about some things.

GOOD LUCK.....I wish I would have known this yesterday.....(I know the email said to plan on a few hours---many of the people in my group thought it was a requirement to state that......it was a fact!)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thank You 4 Your Time View Post
    IMPORTANT NEWS:

For those reading, BE ON TIME, OR EARLY. THIS IS IMPERATIVE. There are two scheduled CPAT times per day, and each time has roughly 30 people testing at each time. IF YOU ARE LATE, EVEN BY TWO MINUTES, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN. This happened in my group yesterday. Plus, it's no joke that you will be there for a few hours.

The process goes like this: you arrive early and wait with the others already there. The door will be locked, but will open at exactly the time you're scheduled to CPAT.

Once inside you will fill out two forms. When everyone has filled them out, you all watch the video. Then a test proctor reads some items of interest, and then takes five people at random, who are the first five, in the order they were called, to take the CPAT. Another member of the administering CPAT faculty will then call out ten names, at random, and then another faculty member will call another ten names at random. Finally, another faculty member will call the last five names or so. The divided groups head to different rooms where they wait their turn(s) to CPAT.

Only five people are taken in the CPAT facility at a time, and it was taking about 35-45 minutes per five people. BRING SOMETHING TO EAT, AND AT LEAST A BOTTLE OF WATER (you'll be able to refill it)...bring in your phone for entertainment, unless you plan on chatting within your group for a while.

After you pass, you are required to wait at least ten minutes in another room, and then, finally, you will meet with an HR rep who schedules your interview, and talks to you about some things.

GOOD LUCK.....I wish I would have known this yesterday.....(I know the email said to plan on a few hours---many of the people in my group thought it was a requirement to state that......it was a fact!)
    Thanks for the info! So there's no problem if you bring a backpack?

Forum Member

My group of people this morning consisted of 25 people. 8 people did not show. The rep collecting all the IDs and paperwork said that approximately 20% of people will not show or pass. We also had two DQs today also so pay attention to what they say when on the course. Good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

Paperwork? Is there something we bring besides our ID?

Forum Member

well I was one of the DQ's today knee gave out on the stair climber, oh well good luck to those continuing on

Forum Member

So, any thoughts or feelings about your interviews? I thought mine went pretty well....forgot to mention some things (as usual), but overall I'm happy.

Good luck to you all!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steveandnala View Post
    My group of people this morning consisted of 25 people. 8 people did not show. The rep collecting all the IDs and paperwork said that approximately 20% of people will not show or pass. We also had two DQs today also so pay attention to what they say when on the course. Good luck to everyone!
    I think I was in the same group with you. I kind of hope the rest of the CPATs go like ours with only 25 or so people showing, less people to compete with for jobs! Interviewed today, think it went okay but I know I could have done better. We'l see!

For those that haven't gone yet, yeah you can bring a backpack or whatever you need to the CPAT. I showed up early trying to get out of there early but when my name was drawn I ended up being towards the end. Still was able to interview late today and make it to the airport for my flight home.

Bring a backpack and whatever you think you might need. I think that they did a real great job of setting up that CPAT. Seems organized and there are markers on the floor to keep you on the correct side of the cone.

Forum Member

It was surprising to see how many people were struggling on the CPAT (fitness wise) even better competition for us in shape folks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImAti0n View Post
    It was surprising to see how many people were struggling on the CPAT (fitness wise) even better competition for us in shape folks.
    How many folks failed during your session?

Forum Member

When they scheduled you for the interview, was it first come first served? Did they let you pick whatever time?

Forum Member

Your interview time will most likely mirror your CPAT time when you complete it. That is how it worked for me.

Forum Member

and again CPAT order was drawn at random. Interview is really straight up 15 minutes. I don't believe any interviews start after 3 or 4 PM I was a little worried about making it back to the airport on time today but it all worked out! Of course it depends on how many people pass the CPAT

Forum Member

Thanks. That was my concern. I'm leaving the same day as my interview and was hoping I wouldn't get an interview time of 4 or 5. Good luck all!

Forum Member

Do they tell you that youre on a time limit if interviews are only 15 minutes? I know a few guys atvmy current Dept have 3-4 minute answers just for "tell us about yourself" or "how have you prepared?"

Forum Member

Interview is 15 minutes and there's 7 questions so use your time accordingly I guess

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    Interview is 15 minutes and there's 7 questions so use your time accordingly I guess
    Wow... I've never had an interview with a time limit before. This will be a new experience lol thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    I don't mean to be a jerk, but can no one mention anything about the process. I really want to be apart of this department and this is a competition. Any help that is given to your competition has the potential to be a loss for you. Sorry again for the inconvenience, but we can be brothers in rookie school.

Forum Member

ti
    Quote Originally Posted by Helper View Post
    I don't mean to be a jerk, but can no one mention anything about the process. I really want to be apart of this department and this is a competition.
    Any help that is given to your competition has the potential to be a loss for you. Sorry again for the inconvenience, but we can be brothers in rookie school.
    Nothing that anyone is posting on this board is informaon beyond what you get after you passed the physical. So as much as I can appreciate you wanting to insure no 1 gets the 1 up on you, you have nothing to worry about. The information about the oral board is the same information the human resources people tell you when they schedule you. Not trying to bust your balls or anything, but there is no reason for any of us to get up tight. It's long odds for all of us, except paramedics maybe lol as far as I am concerned, anyone who takes care of patients and goes into burning buildings the same as I do, paid or volunteer, is a brother of mine
    Last edited by Dirty Axe; 11-05-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Forum Member

I suppose I can also add that at the session this morning it appears all but 1 passed. There were 24 who took the physical and 12 that did not show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 First ... 45678910 ... Last

Thread Information