Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 347
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

  1. #141
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Does anyone know how many people are testing?


  2. #142
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveandnala View Post
    Does anyone know how many people are testing?
    There were 2,500 spots for written, and rumor is only 1,250 or so showed up....

    Earlier posts to this thread said somewhere between 500-800 are CPAT-ing.....

    Does anyone know if the number to be hired is still 60 (30ff/ 30ff-medic), or has that gone up?

  3. #143
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    62

    Default

    From what I have heard it is 800 left. That's total including medics, but that is if everyone can make it.

  4. #144
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Haven't heard anything about number of people hiring other than the original 30 each. Hopefully for everyone sake it goes up. I guess the best way to find out is ask at the end of your interview.

  5. #145
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    Haven't heard anything about number of people hiring other than the original 30 each. Hopefully for everyone sake it goes up. I guess the best way to find out is ask at the end of your interview.
    They're looking to hire 30? Is that what you heard? I hope it's more! Anyone else have any numbers?

  6. #146
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dialed View Post
    They're looking to hire 30? Is that what you heard? I hope it's more! Anyone else have any numbers?

    It was put out at the start of this that they would hire 30 EMTs and 30 Paramedics

  7. #147
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Anyone have an interview yet and care to share their experience

  8. #148
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    62

    Default

    The first interviews would be tomorrow.

  9. #149
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default Carpool to CPAT/Interview from Hacienda Heights Area.

    Carpool to CPAT Noon /Interview from Hacienda Heights Area. Leaving Nov. 1-2, 2012 at 0730.

  10. #150
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Interview is bout 7 questions, can't get into specifics sorry... Nothing surprising or will catch you off guard... Panel was two FD personnel with HR rep in room. Good luck to all

    Bout 850 people's invited to CPAT...

  11. #151
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Real quick question. Hopefully someone can answer it before I get to bed. Did anyone submit a new resume? I know the email said during the interview they will NOT accept anything, but did anyone submit a new one during the CPAT or no?

  12. #152
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I didn't, but a friend did.... He turned in letters and resume..

  13. #153
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    I didn't, but a friend did.... He turned in letters and resume..
    During the CPAT he did right?

  14. #154
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Yes, that is the only time that you have the chance too... You cannot take anything to the interview..

  15. #155
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    Interview is bout 7 questions, can't get into specifics sorry... Nothing surprising or will catch you off guard... Panel was two FD personnel with HR rep in room. Good luck to all

    Bout 850 people's invited to CPAT...
    850! Hot damn. Thats discouraging.

    I saw the letter say it could take three hours for ones turn to go. Is that seeming to be the case? Also, are people actually seeing anyone fail? lol

  16. #156
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    43

    Default

    I wonder what the break down is for medic/ emt out of those 850?

  17. #157
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    122

    Default

    IMPORTANT NEWS:

    For those reading, BE ON TIME, OR EARLY. THIS IS IMPERATIVE. There are two scheduled CPAT times per day, and each time has roughly 30 people testing at each time. IF YOU ARE LATE, EVEN BY TWO MINUTES, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN. This happened in my group yesterday. Plus, it's no joke that you will be there for a few hours.

    The process goes like this: you arrive early and wait with the others already there. The door will be locked, but will open at exactly the time you're scheduled to CPAT.

    Once inside you will fill out two forms. When everyone has filled them out, you all watch the video. Then a test proctor reads some items of interest, and then takes five people at random, who are the first five, in the order they were called, to take the CPAT. Another member of the administering CPAT faculty will then call out ten names, at random, and then another faculty member will call another ten names at random. Finally, another faculty member will call the last five names or so. The divided groups head to different rooms where they wait their turn(s) to CPAT.

    Only five people are taken in the CPAT facility at a time, and it was taking about 35-45 minutes per five people. BRING SOMETHING TO EAT, AND AT LEAST A BOTTLE OF WATER (you'll be able to refill it)...bring in your phone for entertainment, unless you plan on chatting within your group for a while.

    After you pass, you are required to wait at least ten minutes in another room, and then, finally, you will meet with an HR rep who schedules your interview, and talks to you about some things.

    GOOD LUCK.....I wish I would have known this yesterday.....(I know the email said to plan on a few hours---many of the people in my group thought it was a requirement to state that......it was a fact!)

  18. #158
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thank You 4 Your Time View Post
    IMPORTANT NEWS:

    For those reading, BE ON TIME, OR EARLY. THIS IS IMPERATIVE. There are two scheduled CPAT times per day, and each time has roughly 30 people testing at each time. IF YOU ARE LATE, EVEN BY TWO MINUTES, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN. This happened in my group yesterday. Plus, it's no joke that you will be there for a few hours.

    The process goes like this: you arrive early and wait with the others already there. The door will be locked, but will open at exactly the time you're scheduled to CPAT.

    Once inside you will fill out two forms. When everyone has filled them out, you all watch the video. Then a test proctor reads some items of interest, and then takes five people at random, who are the first five, in the order they were called, to take the CPAT. Another member of the administering CPAT faculty will then call out ten names, at random, and then another faculty member will call another ten names at random. Finally, another faculty member will call the last five names or so. The divided groups head to different rooms where they wait their turn(s) to CPAT.

    Only five people are taken in the CPAT facility at a time, and it was taking about 35-45 minutes per five people. BRING SOMETHING TO EAT, AND AT LEAST A BOTTLE OF WATER (you'll be able to refill it)...bring in your phone for entertainment, unless you plan on chatting within your group for a while.

    After you pass, you are required to wait at least ten minutes in another room, and then, finally, you will meet with an HR rep who schedules your interview, and talks to you about some things.

    GOOD LUCK.....I wish I would have known this yesterday.....(I know the email said to plan on a few hours---many of the people in my group thought it was a requirement to state that......it was a fact!)
    Thanks for the info! So there's no problem if you bring a backpack?

  19. #159
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    43

    Default

    My group of people this morning consisted of 25 people. 8 people did not show. The rep collecting all the IDs and paperwork said that approximately 20% of people will not show or pass. We also had two DQs today also so pay attention to what they say when on the course. Good luck to everyone!

  20. #160
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Paperwork? Is there something we bring besides our ID?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

  1. HB82

Similar Threads

  1. westlake ohio firefighter/medic: pick up apps by June 30 2011
    By ffmedcbk1 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 10:10 PM
  2. Clark County, NV
    By jl in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 06:53 PM
  3. Clark County
    By jesterwon in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 09:24 AM
  4. Clark County, NV Fire Exam
    By dmfireschool in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 11:48 AM
  5. Richard J. Tiffany-Clark County, WA Fire District 12
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Line of Duty: In Memory Of
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts