Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

Does anyone know how many people are testing?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steveandnala View Post
    Does anyone know how many people are testing?
    There were 2,500 spots for written, and rumor is only 1,250 or so showed up....

Earlier posts to this thread said somewhere between 500-800 are CPAT-ing.....

Does anyone know if the number to be hired is still 60 (30ff/ 30ff-medic), or has that gone up?

Forum Member

From what I have heard it is 800 left. That's total including medics, but that is if everyone can make it.

Forum Member

Haven't heard anything about number of people hiring other than the original 30 each. Hopefully for everyone sake it goes up. I guess the best way to find out is ask at the end of your interview.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    Haven't heard anything about number of people hiring other than the original 30 each. Hopefully for everyone sake it goes up. I guess the best way to find out is ask at the end of your interview.
    They're looking to hire 30? Is that what you heard? I hope it's more! Anyone else have any numbers?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dialed View Post
    They're looking to hire 30? Is that what you heard? I hope it's more! Anyone else have any numbers?

It was put out at the start of this that they would hire 30 EMTs and 30 Paramedics

Forum Member

Anyone have an interview yet and care to share their experience

Forum Member

The first interviews would be tomorrow.

Forum Member

Default Carpool to CPAT/Interview from Hacienda Heights Area.

Carpool to CPAT Noon /Interview from Hacienda Heights Area. Leaving Nov. 1-2, 2012 at 0730.

Forum Member

Interview is bout 7 questions, can't get into specifics sorry... Nothing surprising or will catch you off guard... Panel was two FD personnel with HR rep in room. Good luck to all

Bout 850 people's invited to CPAT...

Forum Member

Real quick question. Hopefully someone can answer it before I get to bed. Did anyone submit a new resume? I know the email said during the interview they will NOT accept anything, but did anyone submit a new one during the CPAT or no?

Forum Member

I didn't, but a friend did.... He turned in letters and resume..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    I didn't, but a friend did.... He turned in letters and resume..
    During the CPAT he did right?

Forum Member

Yes, that is the only time that you have the chance too... You cannot take anything to the interview..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    Interview is bout 7 questions, can't get into specifics sorry... Nothing surprising or will catch you off guard... Panel was two FD personnel with HR rep in room. Good luck to all

Bout 850 people's invited to CPAT...
    850! Hot damn. Thats discouraging.

I saw the letter say it could take three hours for ones turn to go. Is that seeming to be the case? Also, are people actually seeing anyone fail? lol

Forum Member

I wonder what the break down is for medic/ emt out of those 850?

Forum Member

IMPORTANT NEWS:

For those reading, BE ON TIME, OR EARLY. THIS IS IMPERATIVE. There are two scheduled CPAT times per day, and each time has roughly 30 people testing at each time. IF YOU ARE LATE, EVEN BY TWO MINUTES, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN. This happened in my group yesterday. Plus, it's no joke that you will be there for a few hours.

The process goes like this: you arrive early and wait with the others already there. The door will be locked, but will open at exactly the time you're scheduled to CPAT.

Once inside you will fill out two forms. When everyone has filled them out, you all watch the video. Then a test proctor reads some items of interest, and then takes five people at random, who are the first five, in the order they were called, to take the CPAT. Another member of the administering CPAT faculty will then call out ten names, at random, and then another faculty member will call another ten names at random. Finally, another faculty member will call the last five names or so. The divided groups head to different rooms where they wait their turn(s) to CPAT.

Only five people are taken in the CPAT facility at a time, and it was taking about 35-45 minutes per five people. BRING SOMETHING TO EAT, AND AT LEAST A BOTTLE OF WATER (you'll be able to refill it)...bring in your phone for entertainment, unless you plan on chatting within your group for a while.

After you pass, you are required to wait at least ten minutes in another room, and then, finally, you will meet with an HR rep who schedules your interview, and talks to you about some things.

GOOD LUCK.....I wish I would have known this yesterday.....(I know the email said to plan on a few hours---many of the people in my group thought it was a requirement to state that......it was a fact!)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thank You 4 Your Time View Post
    IMPORTANT NEWS:

For those reading, BE ON TIME, OR EARLY. THIS IS IMPERATIVE. There are two scheduled CPAT times per day, and each time has roughly 30 people testing at each time. IF YOU ARE LATE, EVEN BY TWO MINUTES, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN. This happened in my group yesterday. Plus, it's no joke that you will be there for a few hours.

The process goes like this: you arrive early and wait with the others already there. The door will be locked, but will open at exactly the time you're scheduled to CPAT.

Once inside you will fill out two forms. When everyone has filled them out, you all watch the video. Then a test proctor reads some items of interest, and then takes five people at random, who are the first five, in the order they were called, to take the CPAT. Another member of the administering CPAT faculty will then call out ten names, at random, and then another faculty member will call another ten names at random. Finally, another faculty member will call the last five names or so. The divided groups head to different rooms where they wait their turn(s) to CPAT.

Only five people are taken in the CPAT facility at a time, and it was taking about 35-45 minutes per five people. BRING SOMETHING TO EAT, AND AT LEAST A BOTTLE OF WATER (you'll be able to refill it)...bring in your phone for entertainment, unless you plan on chatting within your group for a while.

After you pass, you are required to wait at least ten minutes in another room, and then, finally, you will meet with an HR rep who schedules your interview, and talks to you about some things.

GOOD LUCK.....I wish I would have known this yesterday.....(I know the email said to plan on a few hours---many of the people in my group thought it was a requirement to state that......it was a fact!)
    Thanks for the info! So there's no problem if you bring a backpack?

Forum Member

My group of people this morning consisted of 25 people. 8 people did not show. The rep collecting all the IDs and paperwork said that approximately 20% of people will not show or pass. We also had two DQs today also so pay attention to what they say when on the course. Good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

Paperwork? Is there something we bring besides our ID?

Thread Information