+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 First ... 567891011 ... Last
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

Wow 12, thats awesome for all of us! there was 4 from my group. Whatever it takes for that number to shrink for all of us....and yes I was only saying what the HR lady told me at the end of my physical test. I wouldn't tell anyone the questions or anything.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    Wow 12, thats awesome for all of us! there was 4 from my group. Whatever it takes for that number to shrink for all of us....and yes I was only saying what the HR lady told me at the end of my physical test. I wouldn't tell anyone the questions or anything.
    Yeah it seems like with the out-of-towner groups this is not uncommon... which is great news

Forum Member

Does anyone know how many were scheduled to take the CPAT?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dialed View Post
    Does anyone know how many were scheduled to take the CPAT?
    About 800 were invited

Forum Member

And HR said roughly 20% with no show or not pass CPAT. Roughly 650 interviewing

Forum Member

I think tomorrow is the last day of boards. Good luck everyone! I think they said applications/packets will be looked at starting the 13th and Chief Washington is leaning toward a January academy. Hope it happens!

Forum Member

Crazy they are done with all the interviews tomorrow. Good luck to all!

Forum Member

How are they done tomorrow when the emails said CPAT oct 29th-nov 13?

Forum Member

How are they done tomorrow when the emails said CPAT oct 29th-nov 13?
    I would assume it has to do with the holiday weekend. A couple of the Engineers at the CPAT said they had people scheduled through Thursday. I'm assuming then they must be closed down there at the government center on Friday (or at least not doing boards) and, of course, they wouldn't do any Monday, so those people would have to go Tuesday (the 13th).

Forum Member

Any more news? How was everyone's CPAT/interview?

Forum Member

Mine went alright I think. Of course I look back on some questions and think of things that I could or should have said but overall I feel good about it. One of the questions caught me off guard (I think it was the second one) but other than that I felt prepared for all the others. How was anyone else's?

Forum Member

I felt good about it. Like anyone else, I feel there were some good things I left out, but I think that was because I wasn't expecting to be looking two assistant chiefs in the face during the oral board lol

Forum Member

I feel pretty good about mine as well. Was a little surprised about some questions being on it and others not, but all in all I'm happy with it. I actually liked it only being two people on the board instead of like 5 people just staring at you.

Forum Member

I ran out of time on the last question which bums me out,l because I feel like I did really well on this interview. I just hope I dont get graded poorly on running out of time. I made it through about 1/2 my answer I had prepared, so well see.

Good luck to all! Hopefully we will hear some news in the upcoming weeks of people moving forward

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steveandnala View Post
    I ran out of time on the last question which bums me out,l because I feel like I did really well on this interview. I just hope I dont get graded poorly on running out of time. I made it through about 1/2 my answer I had prepared, so well see.
    Wasn't the interview pass or fail?

Forum Member

They way I understood it was that if you made it past the CPAT and to the interview, you would be placed on their 'list.' HR said that there wont be an official ranking from 1 to whatever and the papers that the panel was filling out will go into your file for the chief to see if he pulls it. Depending on exactly what he needs and exactly what he is looking for will decide if your file is in the group of files that will be pulled for potential candidates. So to me that means that technically everyone passed, it just depends on what you said in the interview, how the panel related and what your application and resume look like. That was just my understanding of it though and that could be completely wrong.

Forum Member

That is what I understood too. Depending on the needs of the chief, he will pull from the list. Now whether we will be ranked according based on training, certifications, experience, it is questionable whether then we are ranked within sub categories of EMS training... Either way, I just know they wanted on the cover page of your folder what your medical training first and foremost.

Forum Member

I got the sense from HR that people without EMS certificates didn't stand much of a chance

Forum Member

HR told my group that not having EMS certs will not hold you back at all. Find it hard to believe though.

Forum Member

HR told my group that not having EMS certs will not hold you back at all. Find it hard to believe though.
    Us non-EMTs will have to keep our fingers crossed and say our prayers
    Last edited by Dirty Axe; 12-11-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Forum Member

I know military background or a bachelors degree are helpful. Military background has always had its place with new hires.

Forum Member

I just think its weird that they would allow non EMTS to apply and then have that hold people back. I know a bunch of people who are doing their EMT now so I wonder how that will affect them.

Forum Member

All I have received is my confirmation CPAT letter,....anyone hear otherwise?

Forum Member

I got my CPAT letter in the mail yesterday but nothing else other than that. was wondering the same thing
    Last edited by tbt0602; 11-29-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbt0602 View Post
    I got my CPAT letter in the mail yesterday but nothing else other than that. was wondering the same thing
    Same /10char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 First ... 567891011 ... Last

Thread Information