+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 First ... 6789101112 ... Last
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

Heard a rumor that sometime in next 2-3 weeks will be next interview or the call for it. This was a week ago that this person got the info.

Forum Member

Cool - thanks for the info. I didn't know there was another interview as part of the process.

I was told yesterday though that the first Academy off the list will be "early next year," which isn't necessarily news as that's what was assumed all along, but good to hear they're locking it down if not quickly but as least surely.

Forum Member

Ya I believe this interview is with chief Washington

Forum Member

From what HR told me at CPAT; oral board then CCFD reviews applicants then Chief interview with Fire Chief Bertral Washington. I remember hearing "weeks or months";that's more like a 'we'll call you' kind of deal.

Best thing to do is to stay fit and out of trouble; you still have a physical/medical and psychological exam if you make it through the Chief interview.

Best of luck to all; congratulations to all that made it to this point.

Forum Member

So nobody has had the call/email yet saying they passed their oral?

Everyone's still hurrying up and waiting?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImAti0n View Post
    So nobody has had the call/email yet saying they passed their oral?

Everyone's still hurrying up and waiting?
    There really isn't a OFFICAL PUBLIC score from the oral... Let me try to explain the way HR explained to me at the CPAT.

I asked if the oral board was scored, or was the written all that mattered as far as us making the final list... Assuming we passed CPAT.

They told me that the written was 100% of score, u just had to pass CPAT and then attend oral board. He said they won't tell you how you did on oral, the personnel on the oral board just write comments and circle numbers on the oral board paper, then that paper will be placed in your folder and may be reviewed by Chief. So, no official score...

Hope this info helps

Side note... A capt from CCFD said they need 150 personnel from this list, but who knows how valid this info is. I guess more people are retiring, etc...

Forum Member

Does anyone know where we are supposed to turn in updated certs?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffsd17 View Post
    Does anyone know where we are supposed to turn in updated certs?
    The HR lady who handed out her card when you were given your oral board time - send them to her.

Forum Member

Ya I tried calling her but she hasn't gotten back to me. I'm sure she's getting tons of calls.

Forum Member

Ya I tried calling her but she hasn't gotten back to me. I'm sure she's getting tons of calls.
    I e-mailed her some stuff and didn't get a response, but I'm assuming she got them and updated my file.

In other coincidental news, she just called me as I was typing this to invite me for a Chief's interview. So - calls are out - good luck guys!

Forum Member

Nice. That's awesome! Congrats, so your interview is next Tuesday I'm assuming?

Forum Member

Nice. That's awesome! Congrats, so your interview is next Tuesday I'm assuming?
    Thanks! Interview isn't until after Christmas

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Axe View Post
    Thanks! Interview isn't until after Christmas
    Congrats! Do you mind telling us if you are a medic, local, etc?

Forum Member

You from out of state?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dialed View Post
    Congrats! Do you mind telling us if you are a medic, local, etc?
    Thanks! I've never had a Chief's interview before, so I'm not sure how close it puts you, I just know one step closer is all I can ask.

No sir, no medic, no EMT, and am from out of state.

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by USAFfiredog View Post
    There really isn't a OFFICAL PUBLIC score from the oral... Let me try to explain the way HR explained to me at the CPAT.

I asked if the oral board was scored, or was the written all that mattered as far as us making the final list... Assuming we passed CPAT.

They told me that the written was 100% of score, u just had to pass CPAT and then attend oral board. He said they won't tell you how you did on oral, the personnel on the oral board just write comments and circle numbers on the oral board paper, then that paper will be placed in your folder and may be reviewed by Chief. So, no official score...

Hope this info helps

Side note... A capt from CCFD said they need 150 personnel from this list, but who knows how valid this info is. I guess more people are retiring, etc...
    If the written exam is weighted 100% and you make the cutoff with a score of 75%, what are your chances of getting hired? If I remember correctly, someone had posted in the past that he or she knew people that got hired who scored in the 70 percentile and people who didn't get hired who scored in the 90 percentile. Am just curious to know. By the way, I did not make the cutoff, but am definitely going to give it another shot next time.

Forum Member

I'm all the top scores will get a call for a chiefs. That's normally how it works, based off everything else was pass or fail. I'm not sure what score you got dirty axe, but congratulations! That is awesome!

Forum Member

That's great, congratulations!

So, the next logical question is: what was your written score?

I can only surmise that since you're not medic or EMT, and you live out of state, that you must have scored pretty high. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering if my written was high-enough to warrant a Chief's interview.

Again, congrats!

Forum Member

Got a call this afternoon also, super excited! Last time your written score had little bearing at all on the selection process. It really only moved you onto an interview. From there the chief takes into account your oral board score, written score and resume. From there he selects people to call in for another interview. There is never any feedback after the interview, you either get called to move on or they send you an email after 2 years letting you know that the list is expired. Good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

Are from out of town?

Forum Member

I am a local
    Last edited by sprtan; 02-07-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Forum Member

Is your interview next week?

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, from reading through some of the past posts, I see that Dirty Axe scored a 75% on the written. So obviously the written does not hold a lot of weight on who moves on to the Chief's interview. Congrats to those moving on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    Well, from reading through some of the past posts, I see that Dirty Axe scored a 75% on the written. So obviously the written does not hold a lot of weight on who moves on to the Chief's interview. Congrats to those moving on.
    Correct. Hoping that means I interview really, really well lol

Forum Member

I just want to know if the in town guys are having there interviews after Christmas as well... Heard that they are also calling people to let them know they are not moving on..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 First ... 6789101112 ... Last

Thread Information