Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Forum Member

Default Clark County Fire Department Apps June 19th-July 3rd

Good luck to all!!

Clark County Hiring Firefighters
    Clark County is reaching out to local residents to encourage them to apply to become firefighters and firefighter paramedics.

Applications for more than 60 positions are being accepted June 19 through July 3 and must be submitted online at Clark County, NV. No more applications will be accepted once 2,500 persons have applied.

Outreach sessions have been scheduled and will be open to anyone interested in receiving information about the application process, employment requirements, the testing process and test-taking tips. There also will be a question-and-answer session. For more information, visit the County website or call our Firefighter Hotline at (702) 455-CCFD (2233).

“Becoming a firefighter is a highly competitive process,” said Fire Chief Bertral Washington. “We want to reach out to everyone who may be interested in becoming a firefighter to help ensure that all groups in our community have an opportunity to participate in the selection process.”

The Clark County Fire Department is the largest fire department in the state with more than 600 paid firefighters and 180 volunteer firefighters responding to more than 120,000 emergency calls annually from 42 fire stations throughout the county. The department also provides inspection, investigation and specialized services such as search and rescue and swift water rescue. County firefighters protect almost 900,000 residents plus 42 million visitors a year in a 7,420-square-mile area that includes the world-famous Las Vegas Strip, McCarran International Airport, UNLV and outlying communities such as Laughlin and Bunkerville.

The dates, times and locations of outreach sessions:

•Wednesday, May 23, 2 to 4 p.m. - Desert Breeze Recreation Center, 8275 W. Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas

•Friday, May 25, 2 to 4 p.m. - Hollywood Recreation Center, 1650 S. Hollywood, Las Vegas

•Wednesday, May 30, 2 to 4 p.m. - Walnut Recreation Center, 3075 N. Walnut, Las Vegas

•Friday, June 1, 2 to 4 p.m. - Paradise Community Center, 4775 McLeod Dr., Las Vegas

•Monday, June 4, 2 to 4 p.m. - Robert “Bob” Price Community Center, 2050 Bonnie Lane, Las Vegas

•Wednesday, June 6, 2 to 4 p.m. - Sunset Park Office Conference Room, 2601 E. Sunset Rd., Las Vegas

•Friday, June 8, 2 to 4 p.m. - Mountain Crest Park Center, 4701 N. Durango, Las Vegas

Forum Member

do you have to be local?

Forum Member

No, but they are only accepting 2500 online applicatons..

MembersZone Subscriber

Attended the outreach session yesterday and was informed that they plan to hire 60 to 100 recruits from this new list, consisting of both FF/EMT's and FF/Medic's. I also just purchased three study guides that were recommend by the probationary firefighter who I spoke to. Good luck to all who apply! This is a great department!

Forum Member

any word on when the written will be?

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, monday august 6th. There will be two test sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Forum Member

What is the name of them study you purchased

Forum Member

anyone have an idea when applications will open on the 19th? My guess is 12pm?

Forum Member

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/h...rtunities.aspx

Theres the link to where it should show up on

Forum Member

It opens at 8am
    Ipkes likes this.

Forum Member

"Application accepted at 8:23 PST."

Good luck to all of you applying! There are videos on YouTube for CC's most recent Rookie Academy, for those interested.

Forum Member

"Application accepted at 8:27 PST."

Seems like an excellent department from what I have researched. Good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

Let me know if anyone local would like to get a study group going a month before the test....

Forum Member

I guess they will train you to EMT-B level? Only reason I ask is that I'm not one but generally speaking I know most West Coast departments really require you to be one. Thanks for the help all, best of luck!

Forum Member

what is the best study guide to buy

Forum Member

what study guides are you guys useing

Forum Member

...according to a local Las Vegas news channel: 2,300 apps. were accepted yesterday, the other 200 were accepted today. Good luck everyone!

Dumpsdad: check the CCFD website for the list of recommended study guides.

Forum Member

Right now I'm using Norman Hall's, it seems to have a great amount of different information

Forum Member

I have a few study guides, but the Norman Hall one is pretty good. Make sure your math is up to par!!

Does anyone know if its the same style test as 2010. Basically a hour or so to do a 100 questions, or something like that... The test wasnt very hard, just needed a bit more time.

Forum Member

I agree. The test wasn't very hard... it was the time factor.

Forum Member

So from what I've read the test consists of 100 multiple choice questions and the time limit is one hour?
    Last edited by dctalk523; 06-22-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Forum Member

Yes, if it the same sytle test.... it was like an hour or something like that... It was basic questions, nothing too tricky... it just took a while to do the reading comp and the math.

Forum Member

Did anyone get an email from CC? I got my app in and it lists it on my governmentjobs.com status as 'received', but haven't had anything from CC...?

A little worried, since most of the times I get something back from the agency fairly quickly.

Forum Member

its been 10 days, i'd say it going to be at least another week.

Forum Member

Nothing from CC. I received the automated email from gov jobs saying when my app was submitted. I emailed CC HR and asked when they wanted the Veterans Docs and EMT stuff. They replied and said sometime in the future, haha..

Thread Information