Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Crown Royal Crown Your Hero-Need Some Help!!!

Okay guys I need your help. Lt. Curtiss Shaver of the Troy Fire DEpartment is one of 5 finalists for Crown Royal's Crown Your Hero award. He was nominated by my Lt. All 5 contestants are deserving of this award. He has been with the department for almost 10 years. He has risen through the ranks and became a Lieutenant a little over a year ago. He was one of the first paramedics in our department. He was very instrumental in the EMS side of our department. He constantly pushes everyone in the department to better themselves. If it was not for him I would not be where I am today. About six years ago while I was volunteering he told me that the Troy Fire Department was planning on hiring. He asked when I would apply, I had never considered it since I was in college and working part time. Well I applied and the rest is history.

When he was 18 he was involved in a farming accident that resulted in him losing his lower left leg. The firefighters that worked on him were with the Troy Fire Department. Curtiss admired them for what they did and he wanted to become a firefighter and give back to his community. He went through rookie school and proved himself to everyone. If you did not know his story you would not believe that he had lost a limb. He is able to perform all firefighting functions without a hint of disability. I believe he is one of the toughest guys I have ever seen. He is constantly tying to find ways to improve the department and himself.

I will post a link to the contest. You have to go to Crown Royals Facebook page a like it. Then click on Crown Your Hero and select a contestant. You can make one selection per day.

http://www.crownroyal.com/promotions/brickyard
    Last edited by SMOKEEATERFF; 05-22-2012 at 02:55 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just wanted to update everyone. Thanks for your support!!!

http://troy.wsfa.com/news/community-...-named-himself

Thread Information