Forum Member

Default **Major Incident** firehouse total loss...........

NORTHAMPTON COUNTY, PA: Lower Saucon Township, Leithsville Fire Company (Company 61) 1995 Leithsville Road (Route 412) firehouse and all apparatus (one engine, one heavy rescue, one brand new tanker, one deuce & a half brush truck and one small brush truck) a total loss after being struck by a tri-axle dump truck fully loaded with asphalt and ensuing fire which reached a third alarm. Numerous units from Northampton and Bucks Counties operating, including 2 tanker task forces (with special calls) from Bucks.

If you google the street address (ZIP CODE 18055)and then compare to the photos on PhillyFireNews.com — The Areas Number one Fire and Rescue News Resource., you can see how the tri-axle came down Flint Hill Road (which is an 8%+ grade for over a mile. Driver probably fanned his brakes too much and lost them, then turned to avoid striking a residential apartment bldg at the bottom of the hill. Driver reported to have severe burns, transported to St Lukes Hospital in Bethlehem.

These guys are second due to my house- luckily their detached social/banquet rental hall was not affected (seen in the back, left of the firehouse in the google pic) as they put on a hell of a buffet breakfast every second sunday. They are a good bunch of guys and my thoughts are with them.

It should also be noted they are almost fully complete with a merger with nearby Se-Wy-Co Fire Company (Northampton County Company 18.)
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Forum Member

Absolutely insane. I hope everyone is alright. Any word on the person transported w/ the burns?

Forum Member

Equipment, while it sucks losing them, can be replaced. Especially glad nobody was hurt, sans the driver. Hope he pulls through for the better.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Forum Member

Fire is now a confirmed fatal. Looks like the dump truck plowed a car across the intersection and into the firehouse, they didnt even find it until well into overhaul...

google map 1995 Leithsville Road in zip 18055. Thats the address for the firehouse which will have the pin. The truck came down Flint Hill Road, which is an 8% grade for 1+ mile. Rumor has it that he was saying he turned into the firehouse to avoid the residential structure, which you can see directly across the intersection, next to the firehouse (exposure D.)

Forum Member

How much damage was there to the offices?

Did they have a chance to send crews in to save records, files, trophies pictures and the like?
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    How much damage was there to the offices?

Did they have a chance to send crews in to save records, files, trophies pictures and the like?
    Bob, I just stopped over there a while ago. They are second due to my home. The offices look fairly intact. I will post pics later but right now I have to go get the lawn cut before a storm comes in.

Forum Member

I can't get my photos to load with this new FH forum software. However I did see some video late last night of a "chain gang" of firefighters passing out stuff from the office area- I saw a computer tower, drawers from filing cabinets, etc. Also from what I saw the office area appeared to be unaffected by the fire. Dont know how much if any water/smoke damage but for the most part the office area (a small part of the building) was not touched. The entire building is a total loss, along with one engine, one (brand new) 3000gal tanker, and one deuce-and-a-half brush truck.

I had earlier reported that they lost a total of 5 vehicles: engine, tanker, heavy rescue, and big and small brush rigs. Leithsville Fire Co. and the Se-Wy-Co fire company are almost completely and totally complete with their administrative and operational merger into one company. Part of this merger was selling of the rescue and small brush truck- which had apparently already taken place, hence only the three rigs being destroyed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hate to hear about the accident. Did I understand you to say that there was a confirmed death?
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Hate to hear about the accident. Did I understand you to say that there was a confirmed death?
    post #6. Occupant of the vehicle going through the intersection when the dump truck came through- plowed the car right into the firehouse. If you are on my FB, there are pics there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wish someone would post them where us unwashed masses can see them

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I guess we are not worthy to be called FRIEND by FWD. That really kinda hurts.

Forum Member

I can't figure out how to re-size everything. You can friend me on facebook, I have some shots there. Or, you can go to statter911.com he has a bunch of good pics and a 7-minute long video of active firefighting.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    I guess we are not worthy to be called FRIEND by FWD. That really kinda hurts.
    Applicants form a line to the right.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wife will not let me have a FB account. I'll head over to statter911.com and check them out. Thanks for the heads up.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Wife will not let me have a FB account. I'll head over to statter911.com and check them out. Thanks for the heads up.
    Joe says to get your nads out of her purse.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Unwashed what?
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Thread Information