Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Moving Into Missouri

My family will be moving into Rural Missouri in a few months where I will be starting a new job. I ask that this not become a debate about there use rather an answer about what is common and I am not some crazy Ricky Rescue i have been doing this for 11 years.

I understand that with the Chief's permission Volunteer Fire and EMS personnel in Missouri run Blue lights and Siren on POV, is this correct?

Moving from Virginia where we run red warning lights in our POV is there any use for red among Volunteer Fire and EMS personnel?

From what I read of the code Volunteers do not have a use for red and if this is confirmed here then I will work to dump my red lights before I move out of Virginia keeping only my old lights that have replaceable lenses many of which already have blue lenses from growing up in PA.

Thank you

MembersZone Subscriber

Missouri is blue and white to the front. I do see some with red on the back (not sure what the law is on the back lights). Keep in mind that if you choose to travel in Arkansas you either have to cover or remove the blue lights because that is LE only in AR. Oklahoma has a law about lights on POV but I'm not 100% on what it is.

Forum Member

Thank you that is what I needed to verify looks like I will dump them.

Are Corner Strobes used? I have a set that came out of my father's vehicle when he retired as a Vol Chief.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have seen just about anything and everything used. For the most part I think it depends on the department on how many lights they will let you run.

I have looked and looked over Missouri State Statutes and cant seem to find anything that actually says "no red" for any firefighters or rescue personnel of any type. I have also heard "chiefs only can run red to the front" which is unconfirmed..based on my 10years in the service I have pretty much gathered that its a general courtesy to not **** off the highway patrol or local smokeys and dont run red to the front, and as someone else said...its all about department policy..as I have seen others that run whatever they want.

Thread Information