Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Howard County MD 2012

Forum Member

Default Howard County MD 2012

Anyone testing in Howard county ? Can really use some info about the written test and the Dept itself.

Quote Originally Posted by mo27 View Post
    Anyone testing in Howard county ? Can really use some info about the written test and the Dept itself.
    Search these forums. There's a lot of info regarding the department here and on their website. Last time I took their test in 2009, they used CWH Exams. Great department from what I hear.
    “The garbage man doesn’t get excited when he turns the corner and sees trash. You shouldn’t get excited either; you should be expecting fire on every run.” - FDNY Lt. Andrew Fredericks

Forum Member

will do ..Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

mo27, have you received any notice from Howard county?

Forum Member

Negative .. The HR Rep told me they should be testing end of June or beginning of July

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks mo27, ive been using the book smoke your fire exam as a study guide. Ill post on here as soon as i get a notice.

Just got notification email to schedule written exam. Exam days are on the 23rd and 27th of this month.
    “The garbage man doesn’t get excited when he turns the corner and sees trash. You shouldn’t get excited either; you should be expecting fire on every run.” - FDNY Lt. Andrew Fredericks

MembersZone Subscriber

also recived the email today.

Forum Member

Has anyone who signed up for a test day received a conformation email? They said that you would get one, but I'm not sure if it's an automated response or if they're waiting to send them out.

Quote Originally Posted by rescue_1 View Post
    Has anyone who signed up for a test day received a conformation email? They said that you would get one, but I'm not sure if it's an automated response or if they're waiting to send them out.
    Nope. I think at some point they will close the registration, and confirmation emails will be sent out then.

MembersZone Subscriber

If you are looking for a personal trainer in the DC area that is specifically geared towards CPAT testing take a look at www.wildfireadventures.com. I ran the recruit training, CPAT testing and several other programs for Washington DCFD. DCFD does not currently have classes in session nor are we testing. I’ve tested several hundred applicants and know what is needed to pass the test. If you’re looking to get in shape or have a specific goal in mind such as CPAT take a look at the site.

post edited.
    Last edited by ncoliva1200; 06-25-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Forum Member

Any idea when they will give the CPAT Test ?

Forum Member

Did anyone else leave the test Saturday feeling that it was basically a lottery? The human resources (I assume) representative that spoke prior to my test explained that Howard county was only informed whether or not a candidate passed the written test or not. She continued to say specifically that "it isn't where we take a top ten percent or anything like that." So the guy or girl that gets half a point above the pass score has the same chance as the guy or gal that gets a 100.
    From the ISO website:
    candidates who score at the top of the list typically are much more likely to be successful in additional hiring components
    Why then is everyone that passes lumped into the same group?

Sorry if it seems like I'm whining. That's not my goal. Just doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.

That is all.

That's how they've always done it. You can call it what you want, but I've never questioned it. The number seems to get chopped in half during each phase of testing. Has anyone received any notification yet? The HR lady told my group 10 days, but it's been more than that. I know they got hit with bad storms during the past week, so I don't know if that is holding things up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Haven't heard a thing! Actually wondering if anyone else heard any news.... Stay Safe

Forum Member

Nothing yet for me ...I took a similar test couple of months ago from a different dept and didnt get the results back till two weeks after, plus we had a holiday last week so who knows haha

Forum Member

Has anyone received any news or heard a date on when we'll be receiving news?

Received my results via email this morning!

Forum Member

Same here !! I Scheduled my practice CPAT ,had to try a few times to get hold of someone but got though Im coming from out of state so Idk if I wanna come down for mentor ship .Any suggestions from folks who already taken the CPAT before is it worth it ?

Thread Information