Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 477
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: I'm getting a Pager?

  1. #421
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,557

    Default

    Would much rather die doing the job I love then to fall asleep in bed and just never wake up.





    You, my friend, are a selfish piece of crap.

    Sorry, but you are.

    If you knew half of what an LODD puts you brothers on the fire department through, you would never think that way. It's painful as all hell. It tears at their souls. And you still want to ride through town on the back of the firetruck taking your brothers through a painful emotional journey.And that is extremly selfish.

    You, my friend, need to think about what you wish for because it has significant consequences on everybody around you.

    I have been there. I know what it does to the brothers. And I would never wish that on anyone. And neither should you.

    The volunteer fire service is a part of your life. It's not and never should be your life. Yes, volunteers need to be dedicated and I expect a level of dedication that matches anyone's reasonable expectations, but to somehow have the expectation that all your volunteers should have their lives revolve around response, as you seemingly do, is simply unrealistic and unfair.

    And the want to die if a fire as compared to dying on the couch ... Well, if you really think that way I am very sorry for your brothers and your family as they should not have to bear the pain and scars of your Hollywood wishes.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 11-14-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    KnightnPBIArmor and ATFDFF like this.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.


  2. #422
    Forum Member EastKyFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    3,054

    Default

    I'm getting exhausted with this guy's self-exalting BS. Y'all tired? I'm tired.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC


  3. #423
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Posts
    378

    Default

    I am a volunteer and I have all the respect in the world for paid firefighters. Yes we train the same, do our duties the same and are in a lot of classes together sometimes but there is a difference as in being "this is what I do for a living." That is your career. My career is IT. My service to my community is firefighting because I truly beleive we all should give back. And I will go out of town sometimes just to go out of town.

    I think I would like to die reeling in the largest bass on the face of the earth or maybe die while I have two hot brunette sets of twins caressing me on a beach in Hawaii. Heck maybe just while sipping on a nice cold beer or maybe sitting holding my wife's hand while watching a movie or yeah maybe all four of those at once. Anything would be better than to die in extreme pain and causing undo grief on my friends, family, community and an entire service of people.

  4. #424
    Forum Member HuntPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northwest PA
    Posts
    472

    Default

    I must say that in my viewings on this site, I have only ever seen 2 or maybe 3 other people who have been so universally disagreed with. You must see that your level of "dedication" is so extreme that you have even alienated everyone here. And that is really saying something because some of the most truely dedicated firefighters (volunteer, POC, or paid) are on this site.

    I have not seen you post on the thread specifically about "Firefighter Volunteer", so I must ask, why did you join? Also, how many calls a year are we talking(50 or 500)?

    I joined to give back to my community, help my neighbors, and give whatever I could of myself to help out those in need. I do this in the way that best fits with my abilities, which happens to be with the volunteer fire department. This makes me a VOLUNTEER firefighter. I capitalize it the way I did here so that I emphasize that I am here to help without asking for anything in return. That I do so through an organization that puts out fires is secondary. Since I have chosen this path to give back, I have gotten as much training as possible, go to as many drill nights, meetings, fund raisers, and other department functions as possible. But I do miss some.

    If you are truely into this to help people and to do so without compensation, why are you ashamed of the word volunteer and not proud of it? I do not understand.

  5. #425
    Forum Member EastKyFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    3,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    Oh yes. Because I am so eager to just die tomorrow. Jesus man. Think before you speak. It will make you look less retarded.
    Stop with the "R" word. This is twice I have told you it's offensive, but I guess you aren't worried about being offensive anyway.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC


  6. #426
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post


    Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you.

    Well first of all the biggest difference between you and me is I don't have a selfish, insane, hero complex, DEATH WISH. Having been burned at a couple of fires I can't imagine a more horrible way to die than at the hands of "The BEAST" as you call it.

    The second thing is let's look at how many people are supporting your ramblings and how many are supporting my side of this argument.



    I never claimed to be a super hero. I am a firefighter. And that is far from a waste of time.

    No being a Firefighter, including a VOLUNTEER Firefighter, is not a waste of time. Your hero complex death wish, and the feeling that the fire department can't operate with out you is a waste of time and energy.


    And it is attitudes like that that hurt the volunteer departments. I am a firefighter. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Both of the Paid on Call/Volunteer FDs I am on have full rosters, one has a waiting list...How can that be when we call ourselves VOLUNTEERS? The thing not a single one of our volunteers do, from the youngest recruit to the most senior man, is call it a job, a career, or an occupation. We ALL know we are VOLUNTEERS PROUDLY serving the community when we are able. Funny thing is super hero, we had 14 from one of my POC FDs at a 0630 am weekday structure fire, and within 5 minutes we had a mutual aid engine with 5 from my other POC FD on location. How can that be, since you claim my attitude is destroying the fire service? Funny thing is I am training officer for both FDs and attendance is up, participation is up, and they are eager to know wat we are going to do next time. HUH? How can that be? I thought I was destroying the volunteer fire service...LMAO!!


    You seem to act like there is.

    Why? Because I put my FAMILY before the volunteer FD? Soory Super Hero, I put my FAMILY before my career FD too. They are the most important thing to me. To me and everyone else here the fact you have that backwards is pathetic and sad.

    I guarantee you I have been a POC/Volunteer firefighter longer than you have so you can blow it out your orifice of choice about me dissing vollies. Seems kind of stupid, even for you, since I have said repeatedly that I am a POC/Volly Firefighter.



    So because you get paid and I do not makes me not a firefighter? How sad. Odd that only career guys have a hang up with volunteers not calling themselves volunteers. When a firefighter in the area dies (in action or not), the paper says "Firefighter (name here) passed away..." Not "Volunteer Firefighter..."

    No because when I am at my JOB as a CAREER Firefighter it is my OCCUPATION, my CAREER. When I am home and VOLUNTEERING as a POC Firefighter it is NOT my job, my career or my occupation. It doesn't mean I am any less of a firefighter but to fool yourself, and the people you talk to, by trying to pass VOLUNTEERING as your JOB makes you a pretender at least and a liar at most.

    Why are you so ashamed of being called a VOLUNTEER Firefighter? I was PROUD and still am PROUD to volunteer in my community and the neighboring community too. Like I mentioned in a earlier post I have never seen a CAREER FD Fire Engine with CAREER lettered on the cab, I have however seen dozens, if not hundreds of Fire Engines with VOLUNTEER lettered on the cab or on the body. It seems those volunteers are PROUD of who they are and don't want to play games about the name. A shame being called a VOLUNTEER is an afront to you.



    No, if I told them I was a race car driver, That would be a bold face lie. I AM a firefighter. Nothing lying about that.

    NO, you are lying because you believe it is your JOB and no matter how much you wish it to be true it isn't. Your embarassment at being called a VOLUNTEER Firefighter is quite telling about you as a person.

    For you to not see that they are both the same, just one person gets paid and the other does not makes you ignorant.

    I never said a VOLUNTEER Firefighter is not a Firefighter. What I said, and quite clearly, was that no matter how much you wish it to be, it is NOT your job. That is the distinction. It is silly of you and makes you look foolish, to repeatedly try to insinuate that I have a problem with VOLUNTEER Firefighters, especially since I have been one for over 35 years. But when you have nothing else the facts really have no meaning do they.


    Maybe they should.

    And maybe you shouldn't be such an arrogant jag off.


    It is the wisdom of age that has taught me to act the way I act. The fire service has lost all it's loyalty over the hundreds of years. People like you that feel there is more important things to do then to respond to calls has killed the service.

    God you are ridiculous in your attempts to slander me. I have told you REPEATEDLY that I have forever been in the top 10 in responses and for many years I was in the top 2 or 3. I couldn't care less that you find me inadequate because my Family is more important to me than anything else. I pity you that yours isn't.

    Funny thing is you attempt to insult me and say I am killing the VOLUNTEER fire service and yet BOTH of the POC/Volly FDs I am on have FULL ROSTERS and excellent repsone numbers. How can that be Super Hero?



    That is what life is. You work to make money to pay bills and support yourself and family.

    You are a live to work type, I am a work to live kind of guy. Who I am is not based on what I do for a living, it is only a part of me, not my reason to exist.


    I enjoyed and still enjoy many outside interest. I build models and do model railroading. I do photography, I was a mechanic at one time and still tinker with cars. I used to fly now and then until I decided to give it up.

    Then why did you make the point of being a Super Hero Volly because otherwise all you would do is sit around because you have nothing else to do.


    When what got taken away? Nothing was taken away. I choose to retire. I could have stayed on my job another 10 years if I wanted.

    You clearly stated that you became Super Volly to avoid sitting around being bored with nothing to do.


    Just did.

    NO, you didn't.


    Would much rather die doing the job I love then to fall asleep in bed and just never wake up.

    Stupid, selfish, idiotic, and a slam to all the BRAVE, HEROIC Firefighters that have died in the line of duty. A death wish is a sign of mental illness and if I was your chief and I EVER heard you talk like that you would be off the line until you got a psychological evaluation. I don't need or want guys looking to die in the glory of firefighting, when they should be striving with all their might to make it to retirement from the fire department.


    Oh yes. Because I am so eager to just die tomorrow. Jesus man. Think before you speak. It will make you look less retarded.

    NO, YOU clearly said "God willing I will be taken by the beast." It doesn't get cleaer than that.


    **** off FyredUp. Stop acting like Junior.

    Ah, censored profanity...nice answer. Exactly like Junior...

    Your ramblings are sick and twisted. Get some help before you hurt or kill someone.



    The difference is I have been out and lived my life and seen the world. I do not pretend to be a firefighter like most vollies do.

    No you wear a cape and pretend to be a Super Hero.



    I am so sorry that my being dedicated to my JOB bothers some of you. I am sorry that most of you look at volunteers as a joke and "just some guys that do it in their spare time." But to me it is serious business. The fire departments started with volunteers. How do you think it would have been back then if people felt it was ok to just show up when nothing else was going on in their life?

    No one here has called VOLUNTEERS a JOKE but YOU. I have gone as far as possible to prove that I have the utmost in respect for volunteers. Well, at least the ones that do it right. You know, not like the 37 guys you have that don't show up...

    Get over yourself Super Hero. Not every can drop their entire life at every drop of the tones.


    To call someone just a volunteer firefighter is degrading. We are firefighters first. That is the JOB and role we took in life. And seeing how we are the majority, I would say we have the ruling on this.

    No one but YOU said JUST a volunteer. You have done more here to demean VOLUNTEER Firefighters than anyone else. NO, you are a VOLUNTEER Firefighter, it is not an insult, it is simply reality. It is NOT now and NEVER will be your JOB.

    Majority in numbers protecting a minority of the population so what's your point?
    You are quickly making yourself a joke on these forums...It's not too late for you to attempt to repair that.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 11-14-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  7. #427
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    Tell me Kenny how many flashy lights to you have on your automobile? How many 'I fear what you fight' t-shirts do you own?
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    Not a single one.
    How many "I am a disrespectful retard" t-shirts do you own?

  8. #428
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    Stop with the "R" word. This is twice I have told you it's offensive, but I guess you aren't worried about being offensive anyway.
    No more offensive then you saying that my being a firefighter volunteer is not a JOB.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    You are quicklmaking yourself a joke on these forums...It's not too late for you to attempt to repair that.
    He hit the nail on the head when he said this...

    Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Oh for Christ's sake, did you receive another batch of internet tough guy pills again?.
    Seems like every few days FyredUp has to take his pills to make himself feel bigger and better.

    The only joke on these forums is you. You appear to have a "I have to argue and think I am always right" complex. Seek help.



    As for everyone else. I really don't care what you think about how I live my life. My department has a few guys that are loyal and dedicated to the JOB. We WORK hard. No we do not get paid to sit around a station watching TV all day and wait for tones to drop so we can run and jump into our big red truck. We go out and work in the community and help others. We are not just a Volunteer fire department. We are a community service department. We knock doors and talk to people about fire safety, check smoke and carbon dioxide detectors, inspect homes for fire hazards, and outside our fire related duties, we help our fellow neighbors with other things. Things like splitting and delivering wood to a guy for his fireplace this winter. This is what makes this our JOB. Unlike the lazy people that just sit at home and listen to the pager go off but decide "Nah I'll wait till something cooler come along."

    I am sorry if you don't like that. But I am more sorry that you and others like you don't have the ambition to do your JOB to the best of your ability. You can wear the title of fireifghter, but you carry the work load of a boy scout.

  9. #429
    Forum Member EastKyFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    3,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    No more offensive then you saying that my being a firefighter volunteer is not a JOB.
    I never said that. Try to keep track of which person you are insulting.

    I dare you to walk in to the Special Olympics headquarters and call somebody a retard. It is an outdated, cruel, heartless word, but you have established that you care about nobody but yourself, so I'm not surprised.

    You are really showing your hind end here.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC


  10. #430
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,557

    Default

    Keeeny ..

    I have been a volunteer firefighter for over 33 years and never once considered it a "job".

    A passion? Yes. An advocation? Yes. But not a job as a job, by defination, involves payment for services rendered.

    Calling it a job is simply not accurate.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  11. #431
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    I never said that. Try to keep track of which person you are insulting.
    I didn't say YOU said that. (note the capital YOU directed at...YOU).

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    I dare you to walk in to the Special Olympics headquarters and call somebody a retard.
    Why would I do that? They are not retarded. They are Special.


    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    It is an outdated, cruel, heartless word, but you have established that you care about nobody but yourself, so I'm not surprised.

    You are really showing your hind end here.
    Yes I care for no one else but myself. That is why I spent 3 days with other guys cutting wood to take to a neighbor. That is why I take money out of my own pocket to take batteries to put in peoples smoke detectors. That is why I dedicate my time to the department for NO PAY. Yes I am so greedy and only want to help myself.


    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Keeeny ..

    I have been a volunteer firefighter for over 33 years and never once considered it a "job".
    Then you are not doing it right.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    But not a job as a job, by defination, involves payment for services rendered.
    By Definition...As posted by GTRider245

    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Says you. The dictionary, on the other hand, says different:

    oc·cu·pa·tion   /ˌɒkyəˈpeɪʃən/ Show Spelled[ok-yuh-pey-shuhn] Show IPA
    noun
    1. a person's usual or principal work or business, especially as a means of earning a living; vocation: Her occupation was dentistry.
    Note the comma and word "especially". It does not say "solely" or "primarily" or "exclusively". So the definition key points are "a person's usual or principal work or business".

    Now lets take YOUR words "payment for services rendered." Define payment. Is it all about money to you? My payment is the pride I get in doing a JOB well done.



    If you guys would actually read all the posts in a thread, you would save yourselves from looking dumb by reposting the same things over and over.
    Last edited by KennyTheFireGuy; 11-14-2012 at 06:29 PM.

  12. #432
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    No more offensive then you saying that my being a firefighter volunteer is not a JOB.

    Using that word IS far more offensive than your hurt feelings about not being able to handle being a volunteer firefighter. You can dream it, cry about it, fantasize over it, call people that offensive name, but the truth is you are a VOLUNTEER Firefighter and it is NOT your job no matter how much you dream it could be.


    He hit the nail on the head when he said this...

    I don't need any internet tough guy pills, do you need your psyche meds refilled? Because anyone with a Super Hero Complex and a Death Wish needs some serious help.


    Seems like every few days FyredUp has to take his pills to make himself feel bigger and better.

    Nope, I just like to point out ludicrous crap like you are spewing. You know, like putting your Volunteer Fire Department before everything else in your life, including your family, or believing they can't function without you (you know, going on an accident call while puking), and saying idiotic nonsense like "God willing I will be taken by the beast." The last thing I need is pills to feel better about myself than you do.

    The only joke on these forums is you. You appear to have a "I have to argue and think I am always right" complex. Seek help.

    And you are so delusional you can't see that NO ONE here is supporting your fantasy land beliefs of what a Volunteer Firefighter is supposed to be. Remind me again which one of us wants the beast to take him, and which one is looking forward to a long and happy retirement. Oh YEAH, the long and happy retirement would be ME!!


    As for everyone else. I really don't care what you think about how I live my life. My department has a few guys that are loyal and dedicated to the JOB. We WORK hard. No we do not get paid to sit around a station watching TV all day and wait for tones to drop so we can run and jump into our big red truck. We go out and work in the community and help others. We are not just a Volunteer fire department. We are a community service department. We knock doors and talk to people about fire safety, check smoke and carbon dioxide detectors, inspect homes for fire hazards, and outside our fire related duties, we help our fellow neighbors with other things. Things like splitting and delivering wood to a guy for his fireplace this winter. This is what makes this our JOB. Unlike the lazy people that just sit at home and listen to the pager go off but decide "Nah I'll wait till something cooler come along."

    AND THERE IT IS!! Finally, the little man complex attack on career firefighters. More funny than anything because NO CAREER FIREFIGHTER has attacked Volunteer firefighters. Why didn't you just say in the beginning you are a frustrated never made it wanna be career firefighter? It would have made it so much easier on you.

    Nope, sorry it is still NOT YOUR JOB! I am sitting here laughing my azz off at you and your pathetic attempts to show how awesome you are. Guess what? My career FD does fund raisers for community charities, we raise money for MD, we do school visits, we teach fire safety, do CPR classes, do inspections, check smoke detectors and co detectors. Wow we are as cool as you are!! But guess what? It still isn't your job no matter how much you wish it was.08


    I am sorry if you don't like that. But I am more sorry that you and others like you don't have the ambition to do your JOB to the best of your ability. You can wear the title of fireifghter, but you carry the work load of a boy scout.

    Really, is that the best you have? Playground insults? I would put my number of hours as a POC Firefighter in responses, training, and fundraising against yours any day of the week. I do my part as a VOLUNTEER, realizing it is not my job, neither of my Chiefs has ever fund a reason to complain about my dedication, my skills, or my willingness to step up and take on additional duties. I have written multiple grants that have brought in over $350K for one of my POC FDs. I plan and run training for both departments, training them the same so that mutual aid interface is smooth as silk. I am involved in speccing both rigs and equipment, because of being both a tech college instructor and a career firefighter my POC Chiefs know I can be a resource for them in this area.

    Gosh Super Hero, care to tell me again about my lack of dedication and boy scout work load? The difference between you and me is I don't hide from life because I might miss a call. By the way how many calls do you get a year anyways? Further if you get 3 to5 guys showing up your mutual aid departments must love coming in to save you all the time.

    By the way, my work schedule avarages 56 hours a week at my career FD, I teach between 3 and 20 hours a week, I more than make my requirements for meetings and trainings on both POC FDs, AND I am in the top 10 or higher for responses. Yet, I have a family life. I travel with my wife, go places with my kids, leave town when I want to, and don't go to calls if I am sick...
    Give it up...you look sillier every time you post.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  13. #433
    Forum Member FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,387

    Default

    Kenny, what's the name of your Department, I'd like to check out their website...??
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  14. #434
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Using that word IS far more offensive than your hurt feelings about not being able to handle being a volunteer firefighter. You can dream it, cry about it, fantasize over it, call people that offensive name, but the truth is you are a VOLUNTEER Firefighter and it is NOT your job no matter how much you dream it could be.
    Seems to me YOU are the one not able to handle that volunteer jobs are in fact jobs. You can ignore it all you want. But volunteer firefighting is a JOB.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I don't need any internet tough guy pills,...
    No, your the same jerk online and off line.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Because anyone with a Super Hero Complex and a Death Wish needs some serious help.
    You have a real issue with someone that actually WORKS as a volunteer don't you? No one but you is saying I am a Super Hero. Maybe that is your dream. I just work hard at my job and do the best I can. Sorry if not being a slacker = Super Hero to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Nope, I just like to point out ludicrous crap like you are spewing. You know, like putting your Volunteer Fire Department before everything else in your life, including your family, or believing they can't function without you (you know, going on an accident call while puking), and saying idiotic nonsense like "God willing I will be taken by the beast." The last thing I need is pills to feel better about myself than you do.
    You mean doing my job and not just being a lazy turd sitting on the couch all day is ludicrous crap? Wow. If only I could be the amazing firefighter you are and sit around waiting for tones to drop so I can ignore them because my favorite TV show is on, or because it's my child's birthday. My child is not in danger.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    And you are so delusional you can't see that NO ONE here is supporting your fantasy land beliefs of what a Volunteer Firefighter is supposed to be.
    And that is the problem with the fire service. It has fallen prey to the "I am just a volunteer, I don't have to do anything."

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Remind me again which one of us wants the beast to take him, and which one is looking forward to a long and happy retirement. Oh YEAH, the long and happy retirement would be ME!!
    I am enjoying my retirement. But I sure as hell don't want to die doing something boring.
    So what are your plans for retirement? Going to sit around and play checkers? Spend all day on a lake fishing? Sit on the porch with your buddies and talk about how it's hotter today then yesterday? Sounds exciting.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    AND THERE IT IS!! Finally, the little man complex attack on career firefighters.
    And there it is, the reply to the career firefighters belittling volunteers by claiming what they do is not a job.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    More funny than anything because NO CAREER FIREFIGHTER has attacked Volunteer firefighters.
    Have you read anything in this thread, on this site, or on the web?

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Why didn't you just say in the beginning you are a frustrated never made it wanna be career firefighter?
    Because that would be a lie. Being a career firefighter is the last thing I would ever want to do. However if I choose to I could walk into any paid department in a 100 mile radios of here and write my own ticket.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Nope, sorry it is still NOT YOUR JOB! I am sitting here laughing my azz off at you and your pathetic attempts to show how awesome you are.
    And I am sitting here laughing my @$$ off at your pathetic attempts to discredit volunteer firefighting as a job. I guess for someone that does not actually respond to calls, it is not a job. But for others that do, it is a job.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Guess what? My career FD does fund raisers for community charities, we raise money for MD, we do school visits, we teach fire safety, do CPR classes, do inspections, check smoke detectors and co detectors.
    And that is your JOB. So how is it any more of a JOB for you then it is for us? What, because you are paid to do it? Get over yourself. Career firefighters are just volunteers that suckered the city into paying them.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    But guess what? It still isn't your job no matter how much you wish it was.
    Tell that to the government that acknowledges my involvement in the volunteer fire department when I file my taxes. They put it under the section of my "OCCUPATION". They write "Volunteer Firefighter". So even the U.S. government agrees it is my JOB.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Give it up...you look sillier every time you post.
    Only in the eyes of the ignorant that can not accept that volunteers work as hard (if not harder) then career guys.

  15. #435
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Kenny, what's the name of your Department, I'd like to check out their website...??
    You going to create one first?

  16. #436
    Forum Member DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,582

    Default

    Maybe Kenny is really Donna? Take a good look at "his" writing style... damn it is balls on accurate . I'm just waiting for the "H" word to come out to confirm it...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  17. #437
    Forum Member EastKyFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    3,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    I didn't say YOU said that. (note the capital YOU directed at...YOU).

    That's probably the most illogical thing you have said out of all the illogical things you have said.

    Why would I do that? They are not retarded. They are Special.

    Indulge me and read this. http://www.r-word.org/ See what people think about "retard" and "retarded".

    If you guys would actually read all the posts in a thread, you would save yourselves from looking dumb by reposting the same things over and over.

    How ironic. I was just about to tell you the same thing.
    I'm getting pretty annoyed and mad here, but even more determined.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC


  18. #438
    Forum Member KnightnPBIArmor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Beautiful downtown Hortense, GA
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post

    You seriously sound unstable. Seek professional help.
    Agree 110%..."taken by the beast"? Kenny, some of your posts actually sent a chill down my spine; I have been a career firefighter for 28 years and I volunteer on my days off with another department, but there are limits, and you my friend are carrying the dedication thing to an unhealthy level. And when you say you have years or decades to spend with your family. don't be so sure......ask me how I know.

  19. #439
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    Seems to me YOU are the one not able to handle that volunteer jobs are in fact jobs. You can ignore it all you want. But volunteer firefighting is a JOB.

    Sorry NO, it isn't.

    No, your the same jerk online and off line.

    And you know that because you have met me when? Oh YEAH! NEVER. So another example of your delusional lying.


    You have a real issue with someone that actually WORKS as a volunteer don't you? No one but you is saying I am a Super Hero. Maybe that is your dream. I just work hard at my job and do the best I can. Sorry if not being a slacker = Super Hero to you.

    You may work as a volunteer, but it is NOT your job. Des it pay you a salary? Does it pay your bills? NO? Then it isn't a job. You may work hard at being the best VOLUNTEER Firefighter you can be, it still doesn't make it your job.

    Good God are you that incredibly senile? I see you ignored that I am a POC/VOLUNTEER on not one, but 2 volunteer fire departments. So tell me again how I am dissing ALL VOLUNTEER Firefighters.


    You mean doing my job and not just being a lazy turd sitting on the couch all day is ludicrous crap? Wow. If only I could be the amazing firefighter you are and sit around waiting for tones to drop so I can ignore them because my favorite TV show is on, or because it's my child's birthday. My child is not in danger.

    And this is where most wannabes go, I never attacked your being a volly, I said the way you do it is ludicrous. There is a difference. Now you go right down the jealousy route and attack career firefighters. Show me where I said I wouldn't go because my favorite show was on, or because it was my kid's birthday. I'll wait. Directly quote me saying those would be reasons that I wouldn't respond. Otherwise this is just another feeble LIE from you.


    And that is the problem with the fire service. It has fallen prey to the "I am just a volunteer, I don't have to do anything."

    Show me where I said that...By the way, nice job totally ignoring the things I do for BOTH of my POC FDs. So not only can't you tell the truth, you omit things that disprove your lies. Nice work.


    I am enjoying my retirement. But I sure as hell don't want to die doing something boring.
    So what are your plans for retirement? Going to sit around and play checkers? Spend all day on a lake fishing? Sit on the porch with your buddies and talk about how it's hotter today then yesterday? Sounds exciting.

    Well, for starters keep busy teaching part-time, stay active on my 2 POC FDs, do somw woodworking, target shooting, gardening, projects around the house, travel, go out to eat and to the movies or a play, hang with friends and family...you know the kinds of things NORMAL people do. I will not be sitting in my chair rocking anxiously waiting for the pager to go off to give my life meaning.


    And there it is, the reply to the career firefighters belittling volunteers by claiming what they do is not a job.

    Nope, not belittling the effort and the passion and the skill that VOLUNTEERS have. I will not however call being a volunteer fire fighter a job...no matter how much you want me to.


    Have you read anything in this thread, on this site, or on the web?

    You obviously skip over the things I post that answer the questions you keep asking over and over. I grow weary of your yellow journalism ans smear tactics, and outright LIES.

    Because that would be a lie. Being a career firefighter is the last thing I would ever want to do. However if I choose to I could walk into any paid department in a 100 mile radios of here and write my own ticket.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AH!! NO REALLY!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

    Now that is probably the funniest bunch of absolute BS I have ever read here on FH.com. Further it shows how absolutely ignorant you are regarding career FDs.



    And I am sitting here laughing my @$$ off at your pathetic attempts to discredit volunteer firefighting as a job. I guess for someone that does not actually respond to calls, it is not a job. But for others that do, it is a job.

    Not discrediting VOLUNTEER Firefighters at all. You are the one ashamed of being called a VOLUNTEER not me. Heck I am d@mn proud of being a volly on my off days. I tell people when they ask me that I am a career firefighter and on my off days a volly on 2 FDs out where I live.

    I am just going to let you call it a job, implying a career or occupation which it is not.



    And that is your JOB. So how is it any more of a JOB for you then it is for us? What, because you are paid to do it? Get over yourself. Career firefighters are just volunteers that suckered the city into paying them.

    It is a job because I get PAID to do it. It is my career. It is my occupation.

    And unfortunately in many towns like yours volunteers that don't have near enough people that actually respond are committing fraud and suckering the local government and citizens into believing they actually have a functional fire department, when they are a sham. You know when 3 out of 40 respond.
    If I were you I would worry more about the fact that someday that ridiculously **** poor response is going to bite your FD in the butt when even you, Super Hero, can't save someone and the investigation shows a 3 person response and that that is normal.

    Actually, most communities that have career FDs went that way because VOLUNTEERS could no longer handle the call load, or simply stopped responding with adequate numbers to be able to do anything.



    Tell that to the government that acknowledges my involvement in the volunteer fire department when I file my taxes. They put it under the section of my "OCCUPATION". They write "Volunteer Firefighter". So even the U.S. government agrees it is my JOB.

    Do you get paid?

    Only in the eyes of the ignorant that can not accept that volunteers work as hard (if not harder) then career guys.

    Show me the quote where I said that. if you can't you are LYING once gain. You are pathological in your inability to face the truth.
    Your lying, and ludicrous nonsense are becoming tiresome.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  20. #440
    Forum Member Miller337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    I'm getting pretty annoyed and mad here, but even more determined.
    Kenny you have P.O.ed K-Fried that in itself is a remarkable achievement but you didn't stop there, you have FyredUp and LAFire in agreement concerning your posts. The odds of that are slightly greater than being hit by a meteor while being struck by lightening on the day you win the lottery.
    Just a little thought here, but could you maybe be just a little in the wrong here?
    EastKyFF, DKennedy82 and rm1524 like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pager Help
    By Junior22 in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 06:54 PM
  2. i'm looking for a pager
    By HFDEXP777 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 08:16 PM
  3. I need I pager.
    By Explorer12 in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2001, 09:17 AM
  4. Need a pager?
    By matthewmints in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2001, 12:23 PM
  5. Need a pager??
    By matthewmints in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2001, 12:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts