Like Tree123Likes

Thread: I'm getting a Pager?

  1. #76
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Really don't see the comparison ... Sorry.

    Oh that's right ..... 16 year olds can't belong to the union . Now I understand.
    Of course you don't see the comparison. There is a lot of things you don't or don't want to see.

    Union affiliation has nothing to do with it other than your feeble attempt to make a snarky comment.
    Last edited by scfire86; 06-05-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  2. #77
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Not in this thread, but you have in the past past many many times and you know it. You should have been a lawyer or a politician you would have gone far.
    The trick is I have said it ... As long as there are viable victims iwith a reasonable posibility of rescued and fire conditions are reasonable.

    There are situations where risk and possible injury are justified. They are very rare however and many situations that some here firefighters like to throw out are simply not the case.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  3. #78
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Of course you don't see the comparison. There is a lot of things you don't or don't want to see.

    Union affiliation has nothing to do with it other than your feeble attempt to make a snarky comment.
    Bottom line is there are several departments that I either know of or are currently on orthat have been on that use trained junior personnel in that capaciity under supervision with no issues. It works well.

    Obviously the OP's department has no issues with it as it's allowed.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 06-05-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  4. #79
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Bottom line is there are several departments that I either know of or currently use trained junior personnel in that capaciity under supervision with no issues. It works well.

    Obviously the OP's department has no issues with it as it's allowed.
    I question the parenting of any parent that would allow their child to be placed in a potentially dangerous situation. But that's just me.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  5. #80
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I question the parenting of any parent that would allow their child to be placed in a potentially dangerous situation. But that's just me.
    That's why you get trained a lot! Duh?

  6. #81
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    That's why you get trained a lot! Duh?
    I'm retired junior. I can assure you I fought more fire than you and LAFE have seen on TV.

    Run along.
    Weruj1 and RyanK63 like this.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  7. #82
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I'm retired junior. I can assure you I fought more fire than you and LAFE have seen on TV.

    Run along.
    I sorta doubt that.

    However, if that is your current tactic and the way you choose to debate, carry on.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  8. #83
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I'm retired junior. I can assure you I fought more fire than you and LAFE have seen on TV.

    Run along.
    If you can't play with the big dogs, run to the porch to play with the pups then.

  9. #84
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Juniors also ride in all apparatus code 3 during response. And a greater percentage of firefighters are killed in apparatus accidents than incidents involving vehicle fires. So I gues they shouldn't be responding code 3 in the apparatus either?

    As far as the other crap, I was going to respond. Decided not worth the effort.
    No,I dont think juniors should ride in the apparatus code 3 or cold. They come to the station either by an adult or drive when they are old enough.
    Anf this crap about listening to a pager for 2 years so he will be ready---- come on - if you are that slow a learner . you will never be a fireman.
    ?

  10. #85
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    If you can't play with the big dogs, run to the porch to play with the pups then.
    We are playing with the pups there JUNIOR - and by your attitude , you are starting to sound like a muttpuppy.
    ?

  11. #86
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    No,I dont think juniors should ride in the apparatus code 3 or cold. They come to the station either by an adult or drive when they are old enough.
    Anf this crap about listening to a pager for 2 years so he will be ready---- come on - if you are that slow a learner . you will never be a fireman.
    If the departmet issues them a pager, that is a department level decsion. I'm sure they have a reason.

    We disagree on juniors riding in a peice of apparatus hot. In both my current combo department as well as a couple of past volunteer departments they are a important part of the operation.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  12. #87
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I sorta doubt that.

    However, if that is your current tactic and the way you choose to debate, carry on.
    Especially since it is true. By your own admission your department receives very few fire calls. I can assure you over the course of my career I fought more fire of all types that go beyond anything you've seen on TV. According to the Bossier Parish FD website there were a whopping 61 calls for structure fires of all types in 2008. So yes, I feel very safe in saying my statement is accurate.

    It's not a debate tactic. It's fact.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  13. #88
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    If you can't play with the big dogs, run to the porch to play with the pups then.
    Run along junior, I've forgotten more than you'll ever know.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  14. #89
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    What ever you have to say scfire86

  15. #90
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Especially since it is true. By your own admission your department receives very few fire calls. I can assure you over the course of my career I fought more fire of all types that go beyond anything you've seen on TV. According to the Bossier Parish FD website there were a whopping 61 calls for structure fires of all types in 2008. So yes, I feel very safe in saying my statement is accurate.

    It's not a debate tactic. It's fact.
    Not sure where you are getting your info as last year's run stats is on our website and those are not our numbers. And by the way, we only ran 5 structure fires last year, which is afact that I, and the department is actually quite proud of when compared to ther much higher number in neighboring districts.

    Since I have taken over public education/prevention, our structure fires have dropped every year except for one.

    Of course, you fail to take into account my 20 years plus in other much busier departments (in terms of structure fires) and places, but hey that's cool as comparing who is the biggest and baddest fireman isn't a game that I'm really interested in playing.

    By the way, which district are you looking at as there are 9 within the parish plus the city? Our website is bpfd1.org.

    When you want to debate facts let me know. Bottom line is this department has determined that juniors can respond to the scene with a specific sset of outlined duties including vehicle fire attack at a specified age, and they are not the only departments out there that have such policies. It works for them and in the end, that is really all that matters, even though you may disagree and decide that belittling what they do is the right thing to do.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 06-05-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  16. #91
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    What ever you have to say scfire86
    Don't get into a battle with him. he isn't worth your time.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  17. #92
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Ok LA, I know what you mean. I meant to say to that previous URL I posted, on scene juniors only fill bottles, get equipment out,etc... But not attacking vehicle fires until 16 yrs old I think.
    Last edited by Junior22; 06-05-2012 at 06:09 PM.

  18. #93
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    If this little puke junior doesn't shut the hell up and go lay down by his water dish I may rejoin this topic.

    It appears I made a HUGE mistake apologizing for being rude. Honesly junior22 you are coming across like the wise a s s little ***** I initially assumed you were.
    Chenzo and RyanK63 like this.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  19. #94
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Not sure where you are getting your info as last year's run stats is on our website and those are not our numbers. And by the way, we only ran 5 structure fires last year, which is afact that I, and the department is actually quite proud of when compared to ther much higher number in neighboring districts.
    Thanks for proving my point. I've fought more fire than you've seen on TV. During the 80's it was common for us to have at least one structure fire per shift. Ten shifts per month.

    I once had a shift where I opened three roofs in one day. And they were roofs that needed opening.


    So you just proved my point that you stated you doubted.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    When you want to debate facts let me know. Bottom line is this department has determined that juniors can respond to the scene with a specific sset of outlined duties including vehicle fire attack at a specified age, and they are not the only departments out there that have such policies. It works for them and in the end, that is really all that matters, even though you may disagree and decide that belittling what they do is the right thing to do.
    I could care less about what other departments do with juniors. It's pathetic any FD would utilize for any type of firefighting operations.
    Last edited by scfire86; 06-05-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  20. #95
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Since I have taken over public education/prevention, our structure fires have dropped every year except for one.
    Right. Because the Citizens have seen you azzholes in action and think to themselves "I am royally fooked if I ever have a fire and have to call these retards to come and put it out."
    BULL321 and Chenzo like this.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  21. #96
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. I've fought more fire than you've seen on TV. During the 80's it was common for us to have at least one structure fire per shift. Ten shifts per month.

    I once had a shift where I opened three roofs in one day. And they were roofs that needed opening.


    So you just proved my point that you stated you doubted.

    And as I said, it really doesn't matter that your community seemingly had a fire problem that required you to do so much firefighting.

    Honestly, I wouldn't be too proud of that.



    I could care less about what other departments do with juniors. It's pathetic any FD would utilize for any type of firefighting operations.
    That's your opinion. I guess I'd rather see them being productive as compared to what some other 16 and 17 year-olds do with their time.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

  22. #97
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    635

    Default

    I realize I'm not a regular on here.....but for ****'S SAKE, REALLY?!

    This **** again? We just got done with 35 pages of it.
    Weruj1, Chenzo and rm1524 like this.

  23. #98
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Well, I immediately regret opening this can of worms.

  24. #99
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    That's your opinion. I guess I'd rather see them being productive as compared to what some other 16 and 17 year-olds do with their time.
    I am very proud of my work putting them out.

    Prove to us that prevention has actually prevented one fire.

    You can't. It's really a bogus activity that could go away tomorrow and no one would know.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  25. #100
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post
    I realize I'm not a regular on here.....but for ****'S SAKE, REALLY?!

    This **** again? We just got done with 35 pages of it.
    I have no issues with departments that choose to under utilize junior personnel, and not going to criticize them for that choice.

    I'm not the one that raised issues and criticized departments that choose to utilize juniors to a greater capacity like the one being discussed in this thread.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 06-06-2012 at 07:03 AM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pager Help
    By Junior22 in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 06:54 PM
  2. i'm looking for a pager
    By HFDEXP777 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 08:16 PM
  3. I need I pager.
    By Explorer12 in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2001, 09:17 AM
  4. Need a pager?
    By matthewmints in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2001, 12:23 PM
  5. Need a pager??
    By matthewmints in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2001, 12:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register