Closed Thread
Page 6 of 20 First ... 345678916 ... Last
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: I'm getting a Pager?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    wtf am i reading?
    Senior fficer. Any ff that is over 18 years old.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

I would love to have this fine example of American youth come to either of my POC FDs or my career FD and talk to a "Senior Man" there the way he talks here. I think one of 2 things would happen...1) He would find himself with a size 12 boot upside his butt, or 2) He would be cordially invited to find somewhere else to be.

Either way, he is coming off as a snot nosed kid, or a poser pretending to be a kid. It very well may be scarecrow.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    Senior fficer. Any ff that is over 18 years old.
    So everyone is an officer? hooooooolllyyyyyyyyy ****tttttttttttt
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

Must be a thing PA uses. Who is scarecrow?

MembersZone Subscriber

Come on, try harder scarecrow.
    OR a Crow Bar!
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I just find your personal attacks amusing and somewhat sad at the same time.

The only thing that is sad is your attempt to influence the new guys with your vast "experience and expertise of being a yard breather". The amusing thing is that the only person that you can seem to influence is a 14 year old child. If I was you I would take that personal too, heck I'd just hang it up if I was you, you poor soul.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

So everyone is an officer? hooooooolllyyyyyyyyy ****tttttttttttt
    That would be why they start them at 14, by the time they are twenty they are a chief.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    The only thing that is sad is your attempt to influence the new guys with your vast "experience and expertise of being a yard breather". The amusing thing is that the only person that you can seem to influence is a 14 year old child. If I was you I would take that personal too, heck I'd just hang it up if I was you, you poor soul.
    He is his "mini-minion"
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Yupppppppppppppppppppppppp.

Really not into influencing anybody .. here or anywhere else. As far as the yardbreather ... Well, the folks that have worked with me know that's not the case and that is really all that matters.

When you can prove otherwise, just let me know.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yupppppppppppppppppppppppp.

Really not into influencing anybody .. here or anywhere else. As far as the yardbreather ... Well, the folks that have worked with me know that's not the case and that is really all that matters.

When you can prove otherwise, just let me know.

If your "not into influencing anybody" then why are you in Fire Prevention and Education? OR are you really. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .?
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

LA I think you are as full as **** as a Christmas goose. If you are anything in person to what you are on here I would have a real hard time coming to work knowing I had to be around you. You are so far out in left field I don't even think you are in the parking lot to the ball field.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    Must be a thing PA uses. Who is scarecrow?
    It sure as hell isn't a thing PA uses. We have juniors (that's you), firefighters (NOT you), and officers (also NOT you, they are the guys in charge).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    If this little puke junior doesn't shut the hell up and go lay down by his water dish I may rejoin this topic.

It appears I made a HUGE mistake apologizing for being rude. Honesly junior22 you are coming across like the wise a s s little ***** I initially assumed you were.
    I seriously doubt this kid/troll would have the balls to say that to a real firefighter face to face. I'm done with this punk. Normally your first instinct is right.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by johnsb View Post
    I seriously doubt this kid/troll would have the balls to say that to a real firefighter face to face. I'm done with this punk. Normally your first instinct is right.
    Even though he runs his mouth he does not have the balls to say anything like this to anyone's face due to the fact that they have not drop yet!
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Post deleted by user.
    Last edited by scfire86; 06-07-2012 at 01:06 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Son, don't get into a battle with this guy. It just ain't worth your time.
    Yeah. Because, you revealed yourself to be a joke.

So show us a picture of a building that didn't burn because of your prevention and education effort. Shouldn't be too difficult to prove given your self proclaimed expert status.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Yeah. Because, you revealed yourself to be a joke.

So show us a picture of a building that didn't burn because of your prevention and education effort. Shouldn't be too difficult to prove given your self proclaimed expert status.
    So you want me to show you a picture of building that didn't burn down because it didn't have a fire that was prevented by public education?

As far as my expert status, I never claimed that, but my experience in public education and juvenile firesetting both in the field and as an instructor has been recognized.

Forum Member

So you want me to show you a picture of building that didn't burn down because it didn't have a fire that was prevented by public education?

As far as my expert status, I never claimed that, but my experience in public education and juvenile firesetting both in the field and as an instructor has been recognized.
    Just being recognized is not always a good thing, I mean I could proably recognize mickey mouse from way across a room, doesnt mean I want him to "edumicate" me or my kids.
    ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Recognized? Yea sure, just like when someone farts in the middle of a Sunday morning church sermon! "We like to recognized the loud smelly guy in the 5th row, 3rd from the left!"
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    He is his "mini-minion"
    So LA --- is it true that you are assembling an unholy army of mini "educators" ?
    I can picture it now - an army of 14 year olds-proudly wearing their minitor 5s, sporting stick on maltese cross tats, arms laden with bert and ernie coloring books, proudly marching through the parish, the sound of their marching wafting through the pines
    "I dont know, but ive been told" -You dont live long , when you are bold
    Folks may be trapped, but I dont care -I wont go in, cause it hot in there."
    FWDbuff, BULL321 and Chenzo like this.
    ?

Forum Member

Yes. You're making the claim that fire loss has decreased since you started your education program.

By who and for what?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    So LA --- is it true that you are assembling an unholy army of mini "educators" ?
    I can picture it now - an army of 14 year olds-proudly wearing their minitor 5s, sporting stick on maltese cross tats, arms laden with bert and ernie coloring books, proudly marching through the parish, the sound of their marching wafting through the pines
    "I dont know, but ive been told" -You dont live long , when you are bold
    Folks may be trapped, but I dont care -I wont go in, cause it hot in there."
    Just wiped the coffee off my screen. Well done.

MembersZone Subscriber

You seem to have conveniently "missed" this so I'll post it again. I eagerly await your response, I need a good laugh.

Your own words, unchanged saved for only posting the relevant portion.

...having a lot of responses and working fires generally indicates they are not taking that primary role seriously enough or not doing a very good job in terms of prevention and education...
    ...yes, in some cases increases in fires have nothing to do with a departments prevention and education program. And yes arson is one of those reasons.

Never did I say that an increase in fire activity was due to a lack of a public education program, however, if a department that has no significant program in place, in most cases, would see much less of an increase as many times, there is a preventable element in any increase, even if just a part, in an increase in fire activity.
    Just to summarize:

...having a lot of (...) fires (...) indicates they are not (...) doing a very good job in terms of prevention and education...
    vs.
    Never did I say that an increase in fire activity was due to a lack of a public education program
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

Tajm ...

Given that most structure fires are preventable with behavior modification - education - unless you have a severe arson problem, like say, Detroit, I will stand by my statement that if a department is experienceing a lot of fire activity it's likely that they are not doing very much prevention or the prevention is ineffective, for a variety of reasons.

If the increase is due to arson, that is not preventable. If the increase is due to causes related to inproper behaviors, they are preventable and the trend can be reversed through increased education and prevention activities.

In 2010, we saw a significant increase in brush incidents, including 5 structure fires caused by brush fires, due to the drought. Even though conditions in 2011 were worse, we responded to less than 50% of the brush fires we had in 2010, with no structure fires resulting. Why? because we significantly ramped up our prevention messages targeted at brush fires combined with an increased awareness of the situation within the community. We still saw more brush activity than usual but it was far less than every nieigboring department.

We now have far fewer kitchen fires, heating fires and brush fires because those were the areas that we harped on and the result is a significant drop in those fires, as well as fires overall.

Bottom line is if you look at departments - volunteer and career - with aggressive, staffed and professionally run either by certified educators or trained fire department personnel, you will find departments that run fewer fires than departments without such a program.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 06-07-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Forum Member

Bottom line is if you look at departments - volunteer and career - with aggressive, staffed and professionally run either by certified educators or trained fire department personnel, you will find departments that run fewer fires than departments without such a program.
    Could you post something that proves this point? Your opinion doesn't count. We all know it's bogus.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 20 First ... 345678916 ... Last

Thread Information