I am looking for information as part of an applied research project to complete Officer III & IV. While I have found a copius amount of information on the subject, I would like to hear the thoughts of the members of this forum.
My research project focuses on the applicability of a Career Development Plan for our members.
Please take a few moments to answer the following ...
1. Has your agency instituted specific training, education, or certification requirements for promotion to leadership positions and your agency’s reasoning?
2. What have been the results of your current method of promotion?
3. Would you change the current practice of your agency and if so what would you do differently? Explain (if you would, describe how and why, if you would not describe reasons why)
4. Has your agency experienced or avoided firefighter safety issues as a result of your current promotional program? (Explain)
5. Do you believe that a formal career development program would benefit your internal and external customers? (Explain)
Additionally, it would be helpful to include the size, structure, and location of your organization.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Succession Planning Project
06-05-2012, 06:01 PM #1
Succession Planning Project
Last edited by twohats; 06-06-2012 at 06:18 PM.Amateurs Train Till They Get It Right, Professionals Train Till They Can't Get It Wrong.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By BennyT373 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 04-11-2011, 09:42 PM
By tdaniel in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 05-17-2010, 01:16 AM
By FFEMT284 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 03-12-2005, 03:17 PM
By FFEMT284 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 01-13-2005, 10:10 PM
By engine1321 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 09-23-2003, 02:36 AM