Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default My path with fire service

I recently graduated high school and I am planning on taking one year of college this coming semester. I have held a few different restaurant jobs but i am looking for something through college that i could use as a good reference and as experience for the oral interview.
    I met the captain at the fire station after talking with him he said i had great interviews skills and i asked what i needed to do for a ride along. My ride along day came around and i brought in donuts and shook everyones hands when i first walked in, then helped with all the morning clean up. I was the goffer on the calls i carried around the ems bag the whole day. Through out the day i was quiet, very polite asking where i needed to help out, but it was there day to relax he said so not much was going on. As i left as shook everyones hands and said there name nice to meet them and goodbye. I talked to the captain later thanking him and asking to come on heavy rescue training day. He told me he would be happy to have me and it will be a 24hr shift.
    While i am up there i am going to take my courses of study sheet and ask which classes i should take besides EMT and FF1. Also try to find out if they are hiring next year if not i will ask about an intership over the summer, i will have EMT and FF1 by then.
    Is there anything elses i should be doing ? Asking certain questions to get more out of the ride along i know i will need help with the oral interview. I want to get hired next year i will be 19.

Forum Member

Sounds like you are doing good, learn all you can

Are you working out???

Forum Member

yes, i have been working out religously. I have been doing lots of calisthenic workouts. I am working on running i can run a mile then i beat myself in the head about going any further so i try run half a mile walk a block or two then repeat a few times. Olympic lifts are what focus if i go to gym squats and cleans not so much bench press.

Forum Member

What state are you in??

Find out the minimum requirements to apply in the state and cities around you, and get them

Also if cities do some type of cpat start doing those stations in the gym and outside

Thread Information