Forum Member

Default Yet another AFG request :)

Hi all,

I am a Lt at a small, stand-alone EMS agency in Wisconsin, and am trying my hand at the federal grant level for the first time with this organization. I am looking to write a grant in a multi-faceted approach:
    • New ambulance - we run two first due ambulances in our district, one for each Village, and our oldest of two ambulances is currently 12 years old
    • Powercots - due to some recent back injuries, looking to implement a safety program utilizing the powercots
    • AED Replacement - we cover 87 square miles, and have a myriad of old and failing AED's district wide. Looking to create a program to replace all the AED's district-wide with ones that work with our monitors. Part of this program would be to inspect and maintain them district wide as well.

I am looking to see if anyone has any approved narratives for any of the above that they would be willing to share. We have written no grants as a stand alone EMS in the past, so I am unable to reciprocate this year, but would be able to pay it forward next year and help out others who need it (if we were to get a grant )

Thank you for time and assistance, I know it is valuable.

Lt Jerry McMullen
    Deer Grove EMS
    jmcmullen@deergroveems.com
    Last edited by JMcMullen; 06-18-2012 at 04:46 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Jerry if you are a first timer at grant writing I strongly suggest that you stick to only one thing on your list and one thing only, especially at this late stage in the game. Do the best possbile job you can with it. Next year get yourself into a grant writing school and learn the in's and out's of this game. Its not really conmplicated but a good educational background in theory and best practices can go along way in shortening the distance between "rejection and congratulations".
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Banned

And write your own narratives.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxlot1 View Post
    And write your own narratives.
    No offense taken, despite the short reply. I do write my own narratives, and have for years. But as this is a new area for me (stand alone EMS, and vehicle), it would certainly be nice to have some comparisions to make sure I am on the right track.

But thank you anyways.

Jerry

Banned

No offense intended. I may be new to the forum, but loooong time viewer and "in the business" so to speak. I see too many people who take a narrative, change the names & info and submit it, never taking the time to do their own work. They rely on others hard work for their benefit. Of course, I know the majority don't, but there are those that do.

Forum Member

Nature of the beast when it's all FOIA, we've had a ton of our stuff handed around that people have used to apply. Some funded, many not, after all we get better every year so what scored last year isn't good enough in my mind. Everything can always be improved and if you're on last years info everyone else might be ahead of you again.

Thread Information