Gwinnett County GA currently hiring (June 22-Aug 22, 2012)
Gwinnett County GA is currently hiring for Firefighter I. This position is only posted from June 22 – August 22, 2012.
- Go to www.gwinnettcountyjobs.com Scroll down the page to the alphabetical list of Job Opportunities
- Click on Firefighter
- Click on the Apply button at the top of the page and follow the instructions
Please note that we have removed the entry level written testing portion of the hiring process. Applicants must now submit (at time of application) test scores no more than 5 years old for one of the following:
If applicants do not have valid scores for the above, they can contact technical schools in their area or search the internet for testing locations.
- SAT (minimum score: verbal - 430, math -400),
- ACT (minimum score: verbal - 17, math - 17),
- ASSET (minimum score: reading - 38, writing -38, math – 38) or
- COMPASS (minimum score: reading – 64, writing – 38, math – 37)
Applicants will be exempt from supplying the above test scores if they possess any of the following:
- National Registry or State of Georgia EMT-I or AEMT
- National Registry or State of Georgia Paramedic
- Any associates degree or higher from an accredited college
Applicants must attach certifications, test scores, and/or copy of degree to their application at the time of application. Applications will not be processed without this documentation.
For information about the hiring process, go to: www.gwinnettcounty.com/Departments/Fire&EmergencyServices/Employment