MembersZone Subscriber

Default 1981 american lafrance

Our dept. just bought a 1981 american lafrance that is in great shape to use as a reserve pumper. The problem that we are having is that the parts are very tough to find for it. We are trying to find a window regulator drivers side. Thats probably the only part that we need thats truck specific right now im sure there will be more down the road. Does anyone know where i can find parts for this truck? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Try contacting" Fireline Equipment", they sell parts for ALF/LTI trucks they maybe able to help you find what you need. Check out there web page for a phone number !

Forum Member

Woodbridge gave a good starting point. Some other possible sources of information and/or parts:

-SPAAMFAA

-There are several old firetruck groups on Facebook. If you or any members have a facebook page, we all exchange sources and information for parts and services on these groups. I couldnt imagine a window regulator would be hard to find if you know where to look.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

I tried fireline they do not carry parts for anything built before 1997. They gave me a number to a guy in Ohio but he did not have the part. I sent a request to join the alf group on facebook i havent heard anything back. The good news is that i found a dept that has a similar truck to ours and i might be able to get it for a parts truck. If i cannot get it what i will probably do is change it to an electric window i figure i can probably do that for around $150

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartonff201 View Post
    Our dept. just bought a 1981 american lafrance that is in great shape to use as a reserve pumper. The problem that we are having is that the parts are very tough to find for it. We are trying to find a window regulator drivers side. Thats probably the only part that we need thats truck specific right now im sure there will be more down the road. Does anyone know where i can find parts for this truck? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Why in the world would you buy a 30+ year old truck as a reserve piece??? The problem you are having is just one indicator that it's a bad idea. You probably could have gotten a newer piece donated.

Thread Information