Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: afg question

Forum Member

Default afg question

Happy fourth to everyone. Im trying to put the finishing touches on a AFG grant. Is it better to type out numbers and figures or just use numerics? For example, do I write one thousand or 1000? Not sure if numerics are picked up easier by the committee reading the grants.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by marfire View Post
    Happy fourth to everyone. Im trying to put the finishing touches on a AFG grant. Is it better to type out numbers and figures or just use numerics? For example, do I write one thousand or 1000? Not sure if numerics are picked up easier by the committee reading the grants.
    I use numbers where appropritae especially large numbers. It's easier to read and saves on character count. Writing out one thousand takes 12 characters where 1000 is 4 or 5 if you add in the comma.

Forum Member

Thank you. One more question, how far can the definition of sleeping quarters be stretched? What is considered to be sleeping quarters?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by marfire View Post
    Thank you. One more question, how far can the definition of sleeping quarters be stretched? What is considered to be sleeping quarters?
    I haven't seen a true definition of sleeping quarters. What I would consider is a room(s) with bed(s) in them.

Forum Member

I have a question that has been answered lots of times, but I am too busy to look it up.............
    Is there a place in the application to put more money than the 5% cost share? I know you need to place it in the narrative, but I couldnt remember if there is another spot or not.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfire1156 View Post
    I have a question that has been answered lots of times, but I am too busy to look it up.............
    Is there a place in the application to put more money than the 5% cost share? I know you need to place it in the narrative, but I couldnt remember if there is another spot or not.
    Since the computer determines your share, there is no way to increase that % in the budget area. The easiest way is to request the funding you need and explain in the narrative that the department is asking for less as it is picking up a larger share of the overall project.

Thread Information