Forum Member

Default Audubon Park, NJ - ALF

This is criminal

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/189...new-fire-truck

Apparently, Audubon Park paid ALF directly and ALF did not pay their own dealer, Anchor Richey, for the truck. Therefore, Anchor Richey did not release it. ALF spent the money a long time ago and doesn't have enough to pay their own dealer, so the truck sits at the dealership while the customer gets nothing.

Audubon Park better get this in the courts asap because when ALF files bankruptcy again, they are going to get shafted.

This is the kind of business people should go to jail over.

MembersZone Subscriber

I couldn't agree more, you see,i'm the chief in that interview, and i have been trying everything i can to try to get my new brush truck, we do have an attorney but his bars dont reach down that far, so i went to the media, hopefully fox news can get us some results. Any feedback would also be helpful. Thank You.

Forum Member

So, who has the MSO for the chassis? I can't imagine ALF giving that to anybody but the customer. Whoever has the MSO owns the chassis. Normally it will be mailed to the customer when the payment is received by the builder.

At any rate, it is a crappy way of doing business. The dealer has a problem with the builder and chooses to screw the customer? Nice company.

Forum Member

I hear what you are saying Chief, but ALF has let go their CFO and COO in the last week. There is basically no senior management left except the president who is just a puppet for Tilton. All signs point to it shutting down. My advice is to at least get a lawsuit on the books before they declare bankruptcy. I know the dealer and they are good people, but you are probably going to have to include them as well. It's tough, but if ALF declares bankruptcy, you are going to lose all the money you paid.

Forum Member

As of 9:19 am this morning, the website is down AGAIN!!!

Forum Member

Honestly can't imagine anyone having ordered a truck from ALF in the past year...they've been in trouble for the past few.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

It's just not right.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Audubon Park sues American LaFrance. How can any dealer be associated with this company after how they hung their own dealers out to dry? Plus, ALF furloughed their workers for 2 weeks, but from what I hear it has extended into week 4. This company has all but shut down. The company has gone from over 1300 employees to less than 100 in 6 years. Lynn Tilton is a financial genius!

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...uses-firetruck

Forum Member

She has MD choppers. You think she CARES about Firetrucks?

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

I am at a loss to understand why ANYONE, no matter what their past loyalties were, would even entertain purchasing a new piece of fire apparatus from the company that is sullying the historic name of American LaFrance.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Looks like ALF fired another President this week. I think that is number 10 in 6 years. The interesting part is this guy was a Tilton lapdog. Not only is he gone, but they also fired the COO, CFO, VP Sales, and cut marketing completely. Can't wait to hear the next set of spin that comes out of there about how they are going to turn it around. My advice is they need to hire a professional counterfeiter because that appears to be the only way they are going to get any money to fund the place.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard what is going on with there truck, did they get it yet and who has the title

Thread Information