Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What days do you workout?

Forum Member

Default What days do you workout?

I have just got into working out on a somewhat regular basis. I was wondering on what days does everyone workout on? I work a 24/48 schedule. We workout every shift as a crew but we do not kill ourselves so we have energy for the rest of shift. I will then go home and workout the following morning. Then rest the next day then workout back on shift. Im just curious how everyone else has their routine and the kind of program they do.

Forum Member

I work the 24/48 schedule, and usually like to lift before I go on shift, and the day before I go back to work I like to lift again, for 2 on, 1 off. I run a lot of late calls, so I usually just veg out on my first day off, but sometimes I'll do a little cardio or work in the yard for a couple hours just to get the lead out.

Forum Member

i usually exercise i go returning to perform I like to raise again, for 2 on, 1 off. I run a lot of delayed calling, so I usually just veg out on my first day off, but sometimes I'll do a little aerobic or perform in the garden for a several time.......
    Last edited by Omarion; 04-26-2013 at 07:22 AM.

At the moment, I sort of have an every-other day schedule.

Sunday: 2.5 mile run, various exercise
    Monday: Rest
    Tuesday: 2.5 mile run, various exercise
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: 8 mile run (my endurance day), various exercise
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Rest (need about two days to rest from the run on Thursday.

And then repeat.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

Forum Member

We work the 24on/24/off/24on/24off/24on/96off. I do my heavy training on my work days, and the second day off, typically. Heavy training leaves me less drained than doing a hard CrossFit metcon. The off days see hard metcons and extra skills work - gymnastics, for example. On a work day, if it's slow, I'll do a quick metcon between dinner and bed time, such as 100 burpees for time, or 5 rounds for time of 10 kettlebell goblet squats, 20 swings, 20 push-ups with a 61# bell. It's brisk and effective,but won't leave you drained if a box alarm drops.

MembersZone Subscriber

I do a 24 on/72 off...I currently have my days at the station, since we are a busy piece, as my "rest days". I lift and do cardio on the days I'm not at the station.

Right now I do heavy upper body day, 3+ mile run, and heavy legs/lower body day on my days off. I've been mixing it up; but it usually is that combination. I may work out at the firehouse while on duty in the future, but right now I typically like working out off duty.

Also we aren't allowed to wear shorts on duty, so that limits work out clothing...and it wasn't until 2 years ago that we were "allowed" to workout on duty. So many people on my department don't work out while on duty.

Forum Member

Yes that's right now I do large breasts day, 3+ distance run, and large legs/lower human body day on my times off. I've been combining it up; but it usually is that mixture. I may perform out at the firehouse while on responsibility later on, but right now I generally like operating out off responsibility.

Thread Information