Forum Member

Cool GoPro Mounting Ideas

Does anyone have any good ideas for mounting a gopro to your turnout gear or fire truck at work? I bought one the other day and was curious on how I may be able to use it at work. Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

What is a Gopro?

Forum Member

http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDSH-00...pro+pole+mount

there are many different mounts, depending on what you want to attach to

http://www.rammount.com/NewProducts/...5/Default.aspx

Forum Member

A word of warning related to mounting it on your bunker gear. I have previously contacted GOPro to find out about maximum operating temperatures. I was basically told that although some firefighters have used them, the case, battery and camera are not rated for extreme high temperatures and may melt or fail when subjected to temperatures above the 120 to 140 range for more than a few minutes.

If you are going to do a helmet mount I would recommend finding or fashioning a mechanical mount as opposed to the adhesive mount that Go Pro sells, not sure how the glue would hold up under high temp.

If it does work out for you please let us know, I'm not willing to risk the money on being the high temp go pro guinea pig but if someone else has success I might be willing to fork out the money for one.

Forum Member

Actually I am looking more for mounting areas in the cab of the truck rather than carrying it into a fire. The only mounts I have are the ones that came with it. The helmet strap, vented helmet strap, and also a few adhesive mounts. I would rather not use the adhesive mounts because I don't want to risk damaging the engine. I was thinking about maybe putting the helmet strap over one of the seats in the rear of the cab with me and face it out the front Windshield. Also, maybe some cool mounting areas around the station bay of us leaving out for a call. Thanks for the input so far guys!

MembersZone Subscriber

There is a really good suction mount which they claim sticks very well. They have been used on aircraft and race cars. That should work a treat on the inside of the windshield. Check the gopro website.

Forum Member

Unless you are using it for training....leave it in the box. No one wants YouTube videos of their calls to start showing up....
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Unless you are using it for training....leave it in the box. No one wants YouTube videos of their calls to start showing up....
    Thank you. I want to see drunken bum fights, sprint car crashes, how to make soap at home, cyst popping, rifle misfires, Origami, El Camino burnouts, drifting, wedding reception bloopers, playing card stacking, Parkour, downhill mountain bike wipe outs, tree felling inacuracies, firework accidents, bricks in high speed washers, and so much more...
    Not another tribute to the two vehicle accidents and the hay stack fire of 1992.
    IAFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Thank you. I want to see drunken bum fights, sprint car crashes, how to make soap at home, cyst popping, rifle misfires, Origami, El Camino burnouts, drifting, wedding reception bloopers, playing card stacking, Parkour, downhill mountain bike wipe outs, tree felling inacuracies, firework accidents, bricks in high speed washers, and so much more...
    Not another tribute to the two vehicle accidents and the hay stack fire of 1992.
    Ya, but it was a pretty damn big haystack fire.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Thread Information