Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PASCO COUNTY Fire Rescue Hiring 2012

MembersZone Subscriber

Orientation is usually 3-4 weeks at the training center, than you enter the field orientation. 10 shifts on an engine, 10 on a rescue, and medics will do an additional 10 shifts on a rescue. If you pass your orientation you go into the field. You will go on the float list and be placed at stations to fill in for personnel that are off, out sick etc. Plan on being on the rescue. Seniority pretty much rules so engine days will be rare.

Forum Member

Got my call for an interview today! Scheduled for later on this month. Best of luck everybody

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DKH884 View Post
    Got my call for an interview today! Scheduled for later on this month. Best of luck everybody
    Are you a medic? where did you place on the ranking?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zago07 View Post
    Are you a medic? where did you place on the ranking?
    Yeah, number 3 on the paramedic list. You scored first on the EMT list? I would imagine you have a solid chance at moving forward. Suppose it depends on how/when they are going to fill the Safer Grant spots.
    Last edited by DKH884; 08-18-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DKH884 View Post
    Yeah, number 3 on the paramedic list. You scored first on the EMT list? I would imagine you have a solid chance at moving forward. Suppose it depends on how/when they are going to fill the Safer Grant spots.
    Congrats brother best of luck. i placed first on the emt list . but the HR lady clearly said medics will be given preference. i imagine that some EMT's could get hired from the safer grant but who knows how long till that happens. keep us updated on the timeline of your recruitment and again good luck. huge dept in a good location.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zago07 View Post
    Congrats brother best of luck. i placed first on the emt list . but the HR lady clearly said medics will be given preference. i imagine that some EMT's could get hired from the safer grant but who knows how long till that happens. keep us updated on the timeline of your recruitment and again good luck. huge dept in a good location.
    Thanks man. I'm not counting my chickens yet, but definitely planning on going to the interview prepared.

Forum Member

Just for all of you EMT's that took the test i receive a called from the chief of training and theyre planning to get medics thru before interviewing emt so with that said i could be a while .

Forum Member

Hey I have my interview scheduled on Thursday I'm ranked 7 but I'm not sure if that's a total ranking? Or my Medic ranking? Anyway last time i checked they are hiring 23 total starting in Oct

Forum Member

Hey when you say number 3 on the paramedic list does this mean they're two separate list?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by gmedic View Post
    Hey when you say number 3 on the paramedic list does this mean they're two separate list?
    I'm assuming there are two separate lists. one for EMT's and one for medics, and you're ranked in your respective column by the written test score. My interview is Thursday as well, best of luck!

Forum Member

Definetly two separate list . SAFER grant positions and they need medics

Forum Member

I had my interview Tuesday, very impersonal interview, HR dept definitely put together the question bank. Chief Gordan says they are still ironing out the grant and decided how to manage the money, he said there are 7 positions as of right now. Hopefully 23 positions in the next 8 weeks as they iron out the grant. For those 7 positions medics get first interviews, if they don't fill 7 then they will interview EMTS.

Best of luck, if you have worked customer service in your life you will do fine in the interview.

Forum Member

Went through the interview a few days ago, all went smooth. Great group of people in charge of hiring. Chief Gordon just said that during the process of figuring out how the Grant will play through, they will likely hire 6-7 firemedics by mid October. If all goes well with the grant, they plan on hiring 23 total over the next few months- and trying their damndest to keep those hired via grant after it expires in 2014. Those 6-7 being hired within the next 6 weeks will find out before mid sept if they got the job (provided a solid background check and physical of course)..
    Keep us posted on your take and correct me if I am mistaken in the above at all. Best of luck

Forum Member

Anybody get a call or letter?

Forum Member

Chief Gordan told me it would be 5-6 weeks until they make offers. How did your interview go? Mine felt really impersonal.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fpemberton View Post
    Chief Gordan told me it would be 5-6 weeks until they make offers. How did your interview go? Mine felt really impersonal.
    Interview went great. Very straightforward and easygoing I thought. Not so much impersonal as they were interested in my background, past experiences, and what I like to do in my free time, etc. You're right about HR questions though. I got the feeling even the interviewers weren't crazy about some of the questions themselves. Chief Gordon had said to me that those moving forward would receive notice within two weeks via mail. A few of my references and previous employers contacted me last week and said that PCFR called them- so I'm assuming my background is pretty close to complete.

Forum Member

Does anybody know what else is involve it the next step of the hiring process? is it just one interview , conditional , polygraph, background, credit, driving, reference, medica, ?

Forum Member

If I'm not mistaken after my interview they said they were going to conduct background checks, reference and conditional offer then you do your medical. No Poly no credit check
    zago07 likes this.

Forum Member

Talked to chief Gordon over the phone last week, He said that everyone's backgrounds are all pretty much done, that they are now sorting out how/when to hire and that the union still has to vote regarding the whole hiring process with the grant, etc. so he said it might be a few more weeks til we hear further.

Forum Member

Thank you for finding out that info and sharing! I got my medic done JUST in time to get an interview and be considered as a medic. I assumed the reason it was taking so long was due to sorting out the safer grant positions. Hopefully we will be congratulating each other soon. Good luck everyone!

Thread Information